my Saturday..long and strange (tmi)

• So Saturday I woke up early and went to the store to clothes shop. I bought a jacket and a couple of shirt in a size "medium". I know there has been size inflation over the years, but I'd never imagined I'd be wearing a medium! So it started with me feeling pretty good.

Then, I went to meet up with a friend at 11am for dim sum in Chinatown. While the food there is not always the healthiest, it is something that I like to do every once in a while. After eating too much (we both did) we decided to walk back to the Harvard area which is about a 4 mile walk.

On the way there, I felt a little nauseous and thought it was just from eating too much. I felt like I had an upset stomach with some cramping and acid indegistion. After walking my friend home I went into Harvard and got some chewable anti-acid tablets. They did nothing for me and I kept having some stomach pains.

I was supposed to go to a party last night and ended up cancelling and going home. So, all last night I spent making routine trips to the loo to throw up. I was in bed by 8pm but I'm sure I didn't sleep more than 4 or 5 hours. I tried to keep hydrated but even the water just kept coming back up.

Right now the stomach pain is gone and I feel pretty good. Hopefully it is over and it was just a 1 day stomach flu. I still have no desire to eat anything but I'm feeling a bit stir crazy and need to get out of my apartment.
  • Yikes! Maybe food poisoning? Glad you're feeling better this morning.
  • I vote for food poisoning, too. Something that immediate isn't any kind of "flu."

Jay
  • Oh dear. Stay hydrated. I hope you are feeling better.
  • yikes, that sucks. for me, usually food poisoning takes a little longer (about 8 hours). but it does sound like a nasty reaction to what you ate (maybe even allergic reaction). my free advice (worth what you pay for it, heh heh) eat light stuff for a while to let your tummy get rest (think soup, light carbohydrates, wait to eat meat proteins, hardest to digest) and as said above stay hydrated.

Feel better! find a couple of good DVDs to distract you (with a Halloween flair: The Omen, or The Others...bwahahahaha).
  • I second the Halloween flicks! I suggest Freddy movies. (My personal favorites)

I had food poisoning once, probably, while on vacation. It always comes at inopportune times! What a miserable way to spend your evening.

Feel better!
  • Ick! I hope it was just a 1 day stomach bug too. I had one of those a few weeks ago. Not fun! Feel better soon!
  • does sound like a bug. hope you feel better!!
  • Today is much better. I feel fine now. Weird. It must definitely have been something I ate at dim sum.
  • yep. Food borne illness... yuck!!!!
  • Peppermint tea and soda crackers for any tummy upsets. I vote for food poisoning too. Feel better.