Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 10/28-11/3

You're on Page 1 of 11
Go to
View Poll Results: With Halloween around the corner, how do you think you'll handle the candy issue?
I promised I'd have just 1 piece and that would be it!
3.57%
I swore to stay totally OP and not have a single piece.
17.86%
I plan on having a tiny piece of SB LEGAL CHOCOLATE as my treat.
7.14%
I have a WEIGHT AND SEE ATTITUDE as of now.
0%
I'm not holding out for much hope for myself.
0%
You mean it's not Halloween already? I'm already guilty!
3.57%
I'm not opening my door, didn't buy any candy, not an issue!
35.71%
I'll let you know on Friday!
21.43%
Can anyone lend me a straight jacket? Let's just say, I'm worried!
7.14%
Other
3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

• This is the
    SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
    where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
    TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
    WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
    THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
    FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
    THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
    THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
    MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
    MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
    SB 2002 BIO BOARD
    SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=21409

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

• GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
    MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
    done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there are two of them today.

CALM DETERMINATION

Just imagine all the great things you could do if your were calm, peaceful, and relaxed while at the same time being highly determined and persistent. Though we often think of determination as stressful, anxious, hard-edged and even painful, it does not have to be. In fact, calm determination is every bit as effective as frenzied determination -- in most cases even more effective. And it is a whole lot more enjoyable.

With calm determination you don't get drawn into a lot of useless battles. With calm determination you don't waste time and energy falling to pieces after every setback. With calm determination you simply pick yourself up and get moving again, steadily toward the goal you have chosen. You'd don't have to be witty or clever, you don't have to have the right connections, you just have to keep going, and anyone can do that.

There's no need to give up your serenity for the sake of determination, or to give up your ambitions for the sake of serenity. The most powerful, effective determination is calm, peaceful, relaxed determination, for it is also the most genuinely confident kind of determination.

When you're following a purpose that you know is yours, enjoy the journey and bring power to your efforts. See the big picture, move ahead with calm, relaxed determination, and you'll find it to be an irresistible force.

-- Ralph Marston

THE MIDDLE GROUND

There's more to climbing a mountain than reaching the peak.

In between any desire and the fulfillment of that desire lies a vast middle ground of focused and consistent effort -- much of it tedious, some of it painful, all of it necessary.

No matter how strong your desire, just knowing where you want to be will not get you there. You've got to cover that middle ground between where you are and where you're going.

Before you can climb the mountain, you must first reach its base with the training, the resources and the energy necessary to make the climb. Then there's the climb itself.

Success comes from doing the dirty work, having the patience, getting yourself prepared, being disciplined, staying committed, doing your homework, accepting responsibility, and continuing to take action.

Winning comes not from crossing the finish line, but from running the whole race.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
    194/1??/129
    SB since 3/22/00
    Reached goal 6/10/01
  • Okay, let's hope she makes a BIRTHDAY VISIT to the board this week because it's SOLSHINE'S BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK!!!!

She celebrates her birthday on WEDNESDAY, OCT. 30TH!

• Good Monday Morning to all! I see the board was slow over the weekend, I wonder if we were all off eating good or bad things?

I myself did have a visit to the chinese buffet because yesterday was my youngest son's 4th birthday. I ate it all and loved it. Mind you, I only ate 1.5 plates and was stuffed. In the old days I could have went back for 3 or 4 plates! So I guess I did much better. However, the scale told me this morning of my indiscretion and I am back on the wagon as planned. Every week I seem to have one day of Off Plan eating but during the week overall, I always lose. Takes me a couple of days to recover then the rest of the week I lose...I think that is a pretty good deal!

MONET-Wow, mono, huh? At least they identified the problem and I hope you get better soon. Six weeks of being waited on? Hmm, I could handle a few days of that!

MELF-Yes, being so close to goal feels awesome!! My only problem is what I stated at the beginning of this post. It is so tempting to eat off plan once a weekend because I am doing so well. I guess special celebrations don't help but I have decided I won't live in a complete state of denial for all foods my whole life. I will have some things from time to time but try not to make a habit of it. I guess once I get to toning things will have to get stricter again but I am really enjoying myself now. I am actually feeling *thin* again.

LDBLOND- Sorry to hear about the meds causing weight gain. Nobody needs that additional burden when trying to lose! I hope you can find answers on the net to help you out. But try not to be discouraged, your health is the first issue and the weight will follow afterwards once things are sorted out.

MUSICTEACH- Glad you and the kids liked Jonah. We love all of their stuff too, it is so much fun for kids and adults alike.

That is about it for me. I am off to make some goodies for a funeral. I won't eat any though because I got it all out of my system yesterday.
  • Good Morning
    What a weekend. I totally blew it for eating. I am sure it will show up on the scales in a couple of days. It usually does. I hate that I eat the bad stuff knowing that it is bad and that I am not going to lose.
    This week is going to be a hectic week. I have a big party on Friday and Saturday for work. We are having a big celebration for the 50th aniversary of the Sidewinder Weapon. We (China Lake) designed and built it here. There will be about 750 for dinner on Saturday night. By Sunday I will be in the loony bin or bald. My DIL is an massage theripst and I know she'll be here sunday doing her magic.

BOB - Deb said that you live near St Petes??? I have a conference there in March. I am the chairman for our local Combined Federal Campaign ( Kinda like the United Way but for federal employees only) and we have a conference there. Not sure where in St Petes I will be staying. If you live near it would be great to get together while I am in the area. Let me know.

Deb - As I told BOB I have a conference to go to. Not sure if I can get in early so I can pop over and visit. I will see what I can do. I read that you are having problems sleeping. Can't remember if I read why. I have had some problems sleeping and tossing and turning since I had my surgery. I use a mild sleeping pill. It seems to help. Not addictive at all. Wouldn't take it if it was. It helps me get into a routine of sleeping. For me it seems if I can get my body to know it is supposed to sleep all night it will. Make since?? I sound like I am rambling. Although I have been going to bed at 8:30 and sleeping until 4:30 lately. It feels like I am going to bed with the chickens.

Melf - Did you daughter find a place yet. I know what you feel like with all the extra folks in the house. Ed and I went though that off and on over the past two years. We get used to the quiet. How is the clean up going with the rest of the folks. I am sure it is like here when we have earthqukes. It seems to take forever for it all to get back to some kind of normal. Prayers to you all for strength to get through. Oh ya.... Ed will be coming out again for a class in LaPlace next year. I will be coming out again with him. Can't remeber when but will keep you LA gals informed. May maybe???

Monet - You take care. Six weeks of rest sounds good although when you start feeling a little better than you do right know you will have to be careful not to over do it. I know when I was recouping from my surgery this summer as I felt better I foound myself doing more than I should have. Do what the Doc says.

LDBlond - Sorry to hear about your meds. You are in my prayers. I will send you an email today so we canstart chatting about when we can get together.

gracious - I noticed that you took your children to see the new veggie tales and Jonah. How young are they? I have a 21mo DGD and I was wondering if she would be interested in them. I am starting to do my Christmas shopping. I only wish that I could go op once in a weekend. I tend to tell myself it is ok and eventually it is several times. I know that is why I can't seem to get past the 155 mark. Have a good week.

Wow I just looked at the clock. Got to run! Everyone have a great day. I will try to get back on to post later.

Cyndi
  • Hey, everyone! Thanks for all the good counsel about the starchy carbs, gracious, Deb, and Rosalie -- like you said, the idea is to do what works best for me and when I quit losing like I want, to try dropping the evening starch. That will be hard for me -- for some reason, I look forward to a starch with my evening meal.

Monet, sorry you have mono...but please take advantage of this time to take it easy and relax. I think mono is one way our bodies sometimes tell us they need a break from the wild schedules we put them on. Get better soon!

Heartmom, so glad to hear from you and that Joseph is doing pretty well. Please keep us posted on his continued progress. He's been through so much!

Gracious, I am so glad you didn't give in last week when you were tempted to eat something off program...and you see, you were rewarded by weight loss...twice!!! Only 8 pounds to go to goal! Wow!!! Way to go!!!

Deb, you are melting away, girl! Congrats on your continued weight to go below your goal! That's fabulous! And don't you feel great?!

Thanks again for all the support we all get together here on this Board -- like my question about the carbs, answered by gals who have been there and know the straight of it! I haven't finished the book by Montignac yet but I'm really enjoying it and recommend it for further confirmation of all the SB principles.

My desk is piled high as it always is Monday mornings so I'll scoot for now but be back later.
  • Good Monday Morning Everyone

Just got in from my walk/jog, it was brutal. We are having near record highs down here and it's just not helping. Once again didn't sleep through the night, though, not as bad as some past nights. As long as I started my week out right doing my 4.5 miles I'm off to a good start. Took me 53:52, better than yesterday but no medal.

Happy to report that the scale is down again to 126.5 I'm just hoping to get in that cushion once again, and soon! Then focus on staying there. I just can't believe how well things are going! When I really get focused it makes things happen on the scale as well as the way I feel

This weeks poll is the same one I posted last year, thought it was worth doing again. Would like to know how you all are going to handle Halloween as well as the upcoming holidays. I've posted things in the past how to handle them and staying OP in the past, will have to dig them out from the archives.

Wanted to tell you about this book I found in the library that I'd like to recommend to read. It's called WEIGHT LOSS by Burton Goldberg. It's not a diet book, but it has a lot of good and interesting information about diets and stuff related. I think everyone would find something interesting that pertains to them in there. I've learned a few things and haven't even finished the book. If you can get a copy from your library, do get one and read it.

I am going to see my friend Gail today, going to walk the mall a little. She had the gastric bypass surgery a few weeks ago. I haven't seen her in months and didn't even know she had had the surgery. Was surpised she did. So, since lunch is out of the question with her, we're going to the mall and probably the HFS just to spend some time together.

ELI was off just until 3pm yesterday so we went up to Broward to OLE OLE for lunch, it was sooo yummy! We stopped at Penney's to p/u my ring that had to be sized. Thank goodness the sizing was right. I was going to have them do 5 3/4 but kept it at 5 1/2 and was glad I did, it's perfect. He told me not to lose any more weight otherwise it will be too big-yeah, right, like that would stop me? Since I've been back on track I haven't gone for any Carbolite. I think I was over-indulging on it a bit.

MICHAEL has his pinning ceremony on Wednesday night at school. Will be a busy evening. On Halloween both kids have plans and then have friends spending the night and Friday there's no school down here. The end of the week will be busy.

Spoke to DARAMUS on Saturday, he's having a tough time but hopes to find his way back OP today. Hoping he'll find his way back on the board as well. VESNA called me yesterday, she's having a tough time as well, lost her job teaching due to some immigration stuff. She's thinking about possibly moving to Toronto, but nothing concrete yet. Got a nice call from SERENE too. Busy on the phone during the weekend!

MELF, if you give me your info on where you'd like to fly out from I'd be happy to see if I can help you locate a cheap fair BUT I would love it if FRUIT, SEF, BETH or any of the other Southern Belle's would caravan with you! Though, flying is a lot faster. I didn't realize it was such a long car ride from there. Maybe you could fly out of somewhere else where it may be cheaper?? The more the merrier (would say funner, but I just don't think it's a real word!). Hope things dry out for you there!

MONET, glad to hear your home and doing better. Boy, if I were told to stay in bed and be waited on hand and food for 6 weeks, I'd probably milk it for all it was worth! So answer BOB'S question, who the heck have you been kissing??? LOL!!!

LDBLOND, there's lots of medications that will cause weight gain. With most, there's just not much you can do about that, but you CAN continue eating OP and feeling the best you can possibly feel under the circumstances. Just because one gains weight from meds doesn't mean they can't continue to lose weight, it just may be a slower process. You can make it disheartening if you want, but what good does that do? Remember the saying, when you are given lemons, make lemonade!!!

GRACIOUS, HB to DS! Sounds like you enjoyed your meal at the buffet and now are back OP. Are you still not eating any carbs, or just not starchy carbs? What are you going to do to celebrate when you reach goal???

RED1, that would be great if you were able to come in earlier than your conference. Maybe you could see if you could fly in to Miami and then maybe I could make a trip to St. Pete and take you there and visit BOB at the same time? We have time, but do keep it in mind. The sleeping, this happens sometimes with me, my body get's use to getting up at that time for some reason. It's outta whack but I'll get it back in sync. It also has to do that I've been downing more water than I usually do, so getting up means potty calls Hope you enjoy your busy week, don't let your eating get too out of hand, you know how it's already made you feel from last week.

LKF, thought of you as I read the book I mentione above and there they say eat the starchy carbs at night - so yes, do what you find works best for you. I think when you find you need the sustanince of those starchy carbs to fill you, when you are craving them the most, that's when you should eat them, but then again, what do I know? Thanks for the kudos, you sure got it, I feel great!!!

Time for me to hop in the shower (please, don't try to visualize that!). I'll check in with you all later.

Have a wonderful week!!

Debbie
    194/126.5/129
    SB since 3/22/00
    Reached goal 6/10/01
  • Happy Monday Gang

Man I didn't get to the computer all weekend and I'm way behind. Took me a whole hour to read them. Busy weekend, but pleasant. Cleaned out closets and switched witner clothes around. Had 8 bags of clothes for the charity pickup today. Got rid of everything old in there. Now the closet is bare.

Went shopping Sat. Bought a couple tops and a pair of jeans, size 10. Best of all, I bought a pair of slacks, size 8. I didn't care if I liked them or not I was buying them just because they were 8's. I'm nuts I know. But it felt good.

Need to get busy here, so I will attempt to catch up on posts for the weekend.

Bob, Sorry you had a bad week. Hopeyou got some rest over the weekend. I'm sure you spent most of it in front of the TV. Great deal on the bear. They are so precious. Sorry about the VOLS. You weren't alone. Cats left after first half.

Monet, How awful. Sure hope you are feeling better. Mono, oh no. You had better rest and do like your told. I don't know about the "one thing" but kissing is definately out.

Gracious, Good job! Yeah on the 1 lb. * to go" Sounds like you have a plan for the cheating. Hey if it works, go for it. As long as you can control it that's great. I think we really have to learn that. There will be times when we want to or have to eat off plan and doing so and getting right back on is somethign important to learn to do. WTG

Heartmom, It is so wonderful to hear from you. We have been onpins and needles wondering how it went. Glad things resolved themselves. Glad you are home and all is well or at least getting there. Still sending prayers. Take care of that precious angel and yourself. Yeah for you being an "oficial" size 20. You're right, 2lbs at a time.

Music, You cleaning fool. it sounds more like a quick sugar high. But yes we do have more energy with this WOE. Good going. WTG on passing up the chips.

Jred, Good hearing from you. Sounds like you have been busy. Those kids grow up fast don't they. 18's a pretty big day! My baby turns 20 on Dec 6.

Deb, Hope you got some rest. Great bargains as ususal. I hate this time change too.

Red1, Glad you are back on board. We have missed you. You definately need the lime juice. Triple sec is loaded with sugar so I left it out. Sat I put frozen strawberries in them. Pretty good. I also used lime juice in the bottle, you don't need near as much, it must be concentrated. Not bad though.

IDblond, is there any other meds they could change that won't cause you to gain? Good thoughts coming your way.

Gator, Hope your back is better.

Fruit, try the ritas, pretty good. Where's there a will, there's a SB way.

Melf, How exciting that you will ge to join the girls in Orlando afterall.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and are ready to jump back into this week ready to shed a few pounds.

Jackie
    257/165/145
    10-10-01
  • gracious
    I feel as you do. I plan to eat this way for the rest of my life. I honestly don't think my body will let me eat crappy again. My daughter feels the same way. She's only 15 and started gaining around age 7. She was a HUGE potatoes and white rice eater. She's been SB for about 2 months and went down from a 22 to 18. She doesn't eat a lot of veggies yet but she sticks to the rest of the plan great.
    We both eat legal all the time but if we want to we will have a piece of cheesecake or ice-cream. It works for us. I cannot say I'll never have those types of foods again because I enjoy them. I just look on them as a big treat.
    And my portion size is puny now!! I eat half of what I used to eat! I'm stuffed and wonder how I ate so much before.
  • Good Monday Morning!
    Hello all! This will be quick--After November 5th I should have lots of time to catch up with everyone.

Last week was insane! The President was in Auburn on Thursday and we were going 24/7 to get ready. I was helping to distribute tickets to those who wanted them--about 300 more people than I had tickets! But it was a great event and I'm sure it will help with the campaigns.

I tried to catch up with reading the board--but can't respond to every one--just a few.

Missy--Um, I think our teams were switched in the middle of the night! We played like you==and you played like us! I will say that I had a ball with the LSU fans that walked by my campaign tailgate in the rain. They were really nice folks--and FUN!

BOB--I was counting on your boys!!!!! AARRGGHHH! (which I'm sure is much nicer than the words you were saying!)

Jack-K--I thought y'all were going to play UGA close for a while. Oh well.

Gator--are you getting geared up for the big cocktail party?????

Heartmom--I'm so glad to hear that Boogie came through his surgery and is on the road to recovery!!! We were keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers. I know it is nice to be home and to have the stress of worrying about the surgery behind you. And it sounds like you did well with your eating.

Monet--did I really see that you were headed for the hospital???? I hope you are on the road to recovery by now. Please take care of yourself!

OK back to work. Have a good week everyone! Even if I don't post, I'll try to read what is going on each day. I need to maintian at least minimal contact with my SB sisters!

Susan
  • Morning Gang!
    It's a little chilly out there this morning. A little below normal temps for us. DEBELLI--Too bad we can't swap a little weather and make a happy medium

Well, I'm gonna try to get to the board more often than I have been. Since feeling sorry for myself on Friday I have kept mostly OP. I did 100% up till yesterday afternoon. We were at a party and I indulged in a bit of cake and some pineapple (at least it was fruit ). Otherwise there was lots of legal stuff to eat and I had a plateful. Made that my dinner. I did get hungry later on, so instead of eating a whole bag of oat bran stix, I made a sandwich on legal bread. I find eating proteins (the meat and cheese in my sandwich) keeps me from feeling hungry for a long time.

I told DH I was feeling down on Friday and he agreed that we would police each other. He doesn't need to lose anything, but he said he would eat SB legal to make it easier for me. I did catch him sneaking chips and pop, but he took it and ate it away from me.

So, I'm feeling better today and plan to stay OP. The scale hasn't moved, but TOM is due in a day or 2, so I figure that's why. I'm at 169, so at least being under 170 is giving me a psyche.

MONET--glad you didn't have to stay overnight in the hospital and that they figured out what is wrong. As others have said, do what the doc says and rest!

HEARTMOM--Happy to hear the good news about Boogie. WTG with the loss, especially under such stressful times.

JACK-K--I'm going to try to come here more often. As mentioned above, the scale hasn't moved, but I know it will come.

TRANQUIL and FRUIT--Thanks for sharing with me. I know I feel better when I stay OP and I find I can get back into this WOE easier and easier after I fall off the wagon. I'm persistant.

DEBELLI--I too am trying to get back to all my water. I keep forgetting though, how often I have to make pit stops till my body gets used to drinking so much.

Well, I better go. I've got mountains of laundry to do (I HATE laundry) and a few other things. Have a GREAT day everyone!
  • RED1- My youngest turned 4 yesterday, the others are 6 & 8. I think that 21 months is pretty young to take to the theatre. I don't think a 21 month old could sit through a full length movie without getting distracted, bored or otherwise. Mind you, that is speaking with the experience of my 2 boys who I know couldn't do it but my daughter might have. Girls are definitely different!

LKF- If you read my last post I did give in on Sunday! But I loved it and went right back on plan so I am not worried about it. I am still grooving along.

DEBELLI- I am still not eating carbs of any kind, except for my little buffet experience there. When I reach goal I will probably go shopping to celebrate..I am a true woman through and through!

JACK-K- Thanks for the encouragement. I think that the cheating plan is good on occasion but I will certainly have to make sure I don't give in too often.

CHERYLCO- Wow, your daughter has done wonderful. She will really appreciate this as she continues to get healthier. I know when I struggled for a time as a *fat kid* I really had heartache over it but all my family did was tell me I was fat and criticize. I think that you are doing a great job with her. {hugs}
  • Good Monday morning.... Well glad the week-end is over and its on to a good week. I had a birthday party for my DH. My niece brought wonderful snacks and nearly all of them were legal ones. My sister brought a beautiful chocolate cake with a mtn. of buttercream frosting that I did not take one taste of.. I did really well and am pleased with myself. I'm trying to have my starchy carbs at breakfast now instead of durning the day. I think thats working out better..

Debilli- I really liked your motivational on calm determination. I really agree with this. Thanks for posting it. What changes did you make to make you start losing again and do so well? You sure are going great guns!! Congradulations......

gracious-Glad you survived your chinese food and are back on track.. It seems to be working if you're losing every week.

Red1- Sounds like you're having a busy and hectic week. Good luck at the party, hope theres some OP stuff there to eat. Hop back on the wagon and make a good week of it...

LKF- You know after reading your post last week about starchy carbs and started eating mine at breakfast. I now look forward to some toast with my eggs or a good bowl of cereal or oats. And I'm really not missing them in the evening. So I guess its what ever you get used to.

Jack-K- Congrads on the great size on those jeans... Thats such an inspiring thing to do is clothes shop when you don't have to go to the full figure dept.!! How tall are you?

cherylco-Good for you and your daughter. Its great that you're such a good influence on her. And its nice to have someone to do SB with....

Fillise-Good to see you posting. Sure miss seeing you on the board but sure can understand being so busy...

Zanne-Hang in there gal you can do it..... Sounds like you have a sweet hubby there.. Post lots....

Well time to get my shower and ready for the day.... Will try to check in later...

213/163/130
  • Good Monday Morning!

First thing first....Hope you have a wonderful birthday week SOLSHINE!

Gracious, Way to go on the weight loss! Your well on your way to goal and with the right attitude to boot!

Red1, Look forward to hearing from you, incase you need it here's my email [email protected]. You had asked Gracious about Jonah and Veggie Tales. Not sure if your almost 2 year old can make it through a full length movie, but the videos are terriffic! We started watching them several years back (at least) they focus on one major them like for instance lying and use a Christian Biblical message all the way through, my kids have many of the tapes. They are fun to watch, but be careful....the songs are addictive...I think my DH and I have them all memorized and we sing right along with the kids

Deb, Thanks for the MM and the personal one too...I'm working on the lemonade, sorry my post was so bitter yesterday.

Jack-K, At this time, the med that causes the weight gain is the one that seems to be keeping the RSD from progressing further.
    Cheryl, you and your daughter are true inspirations.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry my post was so bitter and full of feeling sorry for myself. I think it stemmed from my DH saying, just get used to the gaining and buy bigger clothes. What a help he was! Deb is right, it's about attitude. I need to accept that it's better to maintain then gain, so that's what I'm going to try for, if I get weight loss I will be delighted.

Thanks for your support! Prayers for all!
    Lara
  • Hi Everyone! I have been relatively good, slept most of the morning, and stayed in bed except to check email, and I am sitting then, and while getting something to eat. My daughter and her husband, the chef, are both off today, so they are coming over to fix dinner tonight! Hooray! I told them to make it soft! My throat is still sore.

BOB and DEB: The only person I have been really KISSING, is my hubby. Honest!

FILLISE: Yep, I was in the hospital. It was a first for me...the only other times I went were for labor and delivery, which is much different. Just a week until the elections! I know you can wait! You deserve a break! I would have loved to have seen the pres! I saw his daddy here in my hometown many years ago, when he took that whistle stop train campaign trip. It was great!

ZANNE: I did spend the night in the hospital. I am glad now I went. I feel much better than I did before I went. I am very anxious to get better, so I am planning on being obedient. It doesn't come easy..I may be resting on the outside, but I am running on the inside!

GRACIOUS: What great news, that you are whittling that last ten off! keep up the great work! Do you think it is what you are using now? Happy birthday to your four year old! Enjoy them! Next thing you know, he will be looking down at you asking for the car keys!

TO those I missed: Forgive me...

Gotta go nap again! I am enjoying it more now that I can breathe!