Liver Enzymes High

• Hi Everybody
    I went on the Ideal Protein Diet on May 1 2010 weighed 210 now 167 5'11 and I’m about to start phase 4. I try to check in to see how every body’s doing. I don’t post any blogs I just read them. I got my blood work back and every thing is ok. My thyroid went down. But they say my liver enzymes are little high they will test it again in 2 weeks.

Did any body else have problems with their liver enzymes? If so what can I do to lower my enzymes??
  • Yes, I've had high enzymes since I started the HMR-800 shake fast as well. It could mean your body is processing fat at a high rate which is a good thing. But the poor liver is working hard! You might not be getting in enough calories. I had to have more shakes and increase my water. They went down a little but not that much. Doc said sometimes they will go up and sometimes not....and not to get too upset about it.
  • The high liver enzymes are just a reflection of the process your body was in during the diet. If the doctor is watching you, you are fine. If you are going on to phase 4 then you will likely see a change in the next blood work. Keep an eye on it but, it is common and it is something that reverses as you move into maintenance.
  • Thank You. My blood work is back to normal.
    HARLEY 09