Fiber during induction?

• It's normal. I believe the book says you can have some flax to help get things moving, or some psyllium husk.

Metamucil makes psyllium husk pills, I believe the net carbs is 0 because it's just straight fiber. I'm actually googling right now to see if I can take them while on Atkins because they always helped me with my bowl movements and staying regular.

So far found this "Extra Fiber
    Atkins recommends psyllium (the main ingredient in Metamucil® and other fiber supplements) and flax seed meal for more fiber. "
  • Quote: Lately I've been noticing a change in my um... bowel movements. Like a lack there of. I've been in Induction for a week now. Is this normal or should I start to take fiber pills?
    How is your veggie & water intake?
  • Quote: I've been following induction to the 'T'... 2 cups of salad or 1 cup of salad with a cup of veggies a day. For my salad I always use spinach, and as for water I drink at least 8 glasses a day, probably more. I love water!
    You might want to think about upping your salad & veggies a bit. No one ever got fat on too much salad or too many veggies (non-starchy ones of course!)
  • Spinach!
    Try eating two small spinach salads (or salads with mixed greens, lots of spinach); that takes care of it for me. I eat lots of baby spinach, and I leave the little stems on. No problem.