Diet Ice Cream

• So, I have stumbled on this amazing new product that is called Quantum Gelato. My local ice cream store makes it and says that is amazingly healthy for you- boasting it has 20g protein, 9g fibre, and 2g fat. Carbs are also low. I had to give it a shot... and it tastes amazing!!! I hope this isn't considered cheating... because I have been eating it everyday as a mid-afternoon snack. It comes pre-portioned and has 180cal. Does anyone see anything wrong with including this is my diet.
  • As long as you are getting in all your fruits, vegetables, lean protein and dairy, enjoy!
  • i dont see a ploblem as long as it doesnt increase your cravings. anytime i eat yogurt icecream i notice i think about eating any kind more often. other chicks have noticed a similar reaction. but it depends on the person.
  • sounds good. I'm a little suspicious that your first post is boosting a product though
  • Quote: sounds good. I'm a little suspicious that your first post is boosting a product though
    Ditto.
  • Thank you for the responses. The reason I ask... is because I am just starting a protein focused diet...and am concerned about finding something that I can stick to for the long-term, something that will promote a lifestyle change, rather than a fad diet, the benefit of finding so much protein in a "snack item" is what attracted me.
    I do agree- that an indulgence- such as ice cream can lead to further cravings- and so that is definitely something for me to consider.