IP Daily Chat - Tuesday 5 Oct 2010

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • New to Ideal Protein or to 3fatchicks Ideal Protein forum? Please start here -- post your introduction, read this post and ask your questions in this thread.

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. Each person who posted in the previous IP thread now has his or her own thread in this sub-forum.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
    Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to a signature, a weight ticker and private messages:
    • You must have been a member for 20 days.
    • You must have made 20 posts.
    The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
  • GOOD MORNING!
    I connected to a neighbor's wireless temporaily.. the signal is very low so I hope this posts.. Good flight down yesterday, was so comfy to fit nicely in airplane seat and much easier putting the seat belt on and off..

My mom commented nicely "it shows a little your losing weight".. Not as excited as I hoped for but I'll take it.
    I went to the groc store for fresh veggies and fish market for atlantic cod ($18.-my treat) I baked the fish,I put butter and bread crumbs on their pieces, then drizzled the veggies with Olive oil and a bit of water, covered them and they steamed nicely.
    Mom and step dad loved the meal! They both said fresh cod was a treat! They loved the veggies too and they had room for homemade cookies I baked and brought with me..
    The sun is just coming up and I am sipping my coffee..

Congrats to Jessica who is at her goal!!!!!!!woo hooo!!!
    well I'd better end here, before I get bounced off the connection...

angel blessings!
  • CC- glad to hear you arrived safely! Dinner sounded quite nice!

NSV for me! I am so happy to report that I weigh 5 pounds less than my DH! Yeah!!

Hope you all have a great IP day!

Candace
  • Quote: NSV for me! I am so happy to report that I weigh 5 pounds less than my DH! Yeah!!
    Congrats!! Great feeling, isn't it? I was so excited to weigh less than Brandon, and he even lost 15 lbs being in Afghanistan from sweating so much! So when he was home I was only about 2 lbs less, but it was still less so that was enough!
  • Good morning my fellow IP'ers! I'm so thankful for this forum it is so encouraging. When you're feeling discouraged there is always someone here to give us a boost.

I am going for my WI tonight. Please everyone pray for me. If I'm down to 136 I will go on to Phase II. If I'm close at maybe 138 or 139 I'm wondering if I should still start Phase II. I will see what my coach says and if anyone has some input to help me make a decision I really would welcome it.

I pray that everyone has a wonderful IP day.

Blessings to you all,
    Melissa
  • Good morning everybody!
    I also have my 2nd WI after work today. My scale is saying I'm down another 3 lbs this morning. I was really hoping for 4 or more, but 3 is okay too. Maybe I can still get there - water, water, more water!
    This is still less than I've weighed in about 8 years.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful IP day!
  • I am so happy today, I finally made it into the 180s! 189 1/2, to be precise, but I am on cloud 9. My body finally let go and released the pounds.

On Sunday I was walking down the stairs at home and the pair of pants I had on actually fell off my hips and onto the floor! I hadn't realized how much bigger they had gotten. My bed is bigger too, strange.

Anyway I am feeling kind of giddy - love these breakthroughs!
  • Congrats Crystal88! Some people think it looks strange when pants are that loose but I love it! Well the feeling that is! haha Congrats on being in the 180's and here's to working your way to the 170's! You go girl!

Shrinking Susie! You look fabulous! I am sure you hear it all the time but you really do!

Happy IP Tuesday everyone!
  • kaarin ~ good luck at WI today and remember your own words about the last 8 years. I saw a number on the scale this morning that I haven't seen in a year and a half so I'm pumped for a GREAT IP day!! (<--- if only we could have carrots.)
  • Morning everyone!

Reading about everyone's NSV's first thing in the morning... Great way to start the day!

Thanks to everyone who posted their story behind their signature names. Truly enjoyed reading them! If you haven't posted your story, or read those of others, please do.

Over the weekend I went shopping for new, smaller (yippee!) clothes. I ended up with a few shirts, but no pants and I really, really, really need pants. Okay, not need, but want a pair of pants. It wasn't for lack of trying, I must have tried on at least a dozen. I thought looking for small sizes would be easy, but adding "height challenged" to the equation didn't make for a good combination. I did though LOVE shopping in the petite section! Next weekend I'll look again at a couple of places I didn't make it to. In the mean time, I at least have my jeans with the worn knees below the actual knees to wear. LOL

Have a great day everyone!
  • WOW, only 8:30am here in the Pacific and people already with so many impressive achievements. What a great job you all are doing! YAY!!
    (and I love the image of pants falling down when walking down the steps--what a HOOT I had on that one!
  • Good morning everyone !

Well, apparently I need to go shopping for more clothes that fit better. I walked into the grocery store this morning and one of the girls commented that my clothes were hanging off of me and she asked if I had lost weight. Only 75 pounds thank you for noticing I said in my head...... Ok, ok back to the thrift store I go ! ha ha !

Also, I put myself on a no restricted's for a week or two. I will be phasing off at the end of October before I go to Cuba, and I'm going to try to kick things up a bit from now till then.

Have a great day everyone !
  • Good morning ladies!!

I have a question in regards to WF. I had ordered from their website a month ago and still have not received my product, is this a normal thing?

Day 27 for me & loving every minute of it, I have started baking cakes & cupcakes again and am very surprised I am not interested in taste testing anything which is a big sigh of relief because I enjoy baking it is my stress release.

Congrats to the ladies who have posted their achievements so far today keep up the great work!!
  • Hi everyone!

havent been able to stop by in a while work is crazy, plus I did 3 exams... 2 interviews for new position and a new diploma...leasure time on the web was not an option But today I do have like 10 mins before the madness of the afternoon begins so here I am...

so.. drum rolls.... im in TWODERLAND.... its been the first time in like 5 years.... 299!!!!!!!! I was yelling and jumping in the house my hubby was excited...the whole works! TOM is coming so I think im a bit bloated today.. but its only temporary...

As a bonus.. I'll be starting a new job shortly - the whole exam/interview thing paid off Will be a nice promotion too! Yay me!

I did read a bit...but now have to get going I wish you all a great day.. and keep up the good work!!! I'll try to be back later
  • What a problem to have!!
    Seems the common theme this am is clothes falling off or being very baggy..I went through my clothes a couple of weeks ago and gave a bag away, kept what fit. I keep several jeans in our camper since we go every other weekend and I cleaned those out too. Went camping last weekend. EVERYTHING is wayyyyy to big AGAIN! We are done for the season so I emptied out the camper and I'll have to start over next season! WI yesterday, daown 3.5lbs.