IP Daily Chat - Tuesday 5 Oct 2010

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Congrats to all those with clothes falling off...definitely a good problem to have!

Quote: Good morning my fellow IP'ers! I'm so thankful for this forum it is so encouraging. When you're feeling discouraged there is always someone here to give us a boost. I am going for my WI tonight. Please everyone pray for me. If I'm down to 136 I will go on to Phase II. If I'm close at maybe 138 or 139 I'm wondering if I should still start Phase II. I will see what my coach says and if anyone has some input to help me make a decision I really would welcome it. I pray that everyone has a wonderful IP day. Blessings to you all, Melissa
    Hi Melissa! I waited until I had almost reached my goal to switch to Phase 2, so that in Phase 2 I could lose a little more than my goal to set me up nicely for the glycogen gain that comes with Phase 3. It really is a personal choice though. I did 3 weeks of Phase 2 (the minimum is 2 weeks) and am now on my 13th day of Phase 3. Good luck at your weigh-in tonight!!

Quote: Hi everyone! havent been able to stop by in a while work is crazy, plus I did 3 exams... 2 interviews for new position and a new diploma...leasure time on the web was not an option But today I do have like 10 mins before the madness of the afternoon begins so here I am...

so.. drum rolls.... im in TWODERLAND.... its been the first time in like 5 years.... 299!!!!!!!! I was yelling and jumping in the house my hubby was excited...the whole works! TOM is coming so I think im a bit bloated today.. but its only temporary...

As a bonus.. I'll be starting a new job shortly - the whole exam/interview thing paid off Will be a nice promotion too! Yay me! I did read a bit...but now have to get going I wish you all a great day.. and keep up the good work!!! I'll try to be back later
    Hi Floradeluna! Congrats on your success...getting to TWODERLAND and the promotion! Keep it up girl! I'm so happy for you!
  • Hey everyone. Congrats on all the loose clothes and nsv's. I've been feeling pretty crappy lately... the weather shifted big time in South Dakota and man is this cold kicking my butt.

So far I've managed to not cheat, though with being sick I've pretty much had to force myself to eat. I've been dealing with the Big C lately and I think TOM will be rearing its ugly head soon as well. I feel like a bloated, snotty, piece of crap. So with all that I'm up 3 pounds according to my scale, maybe it has a lot to do with TOM and being sick.. but it's not very encouraging I can tell ya that.

I will say one thing... all the IP packets I have that I really didn't like.. are getting used up lol. When you can't taste it, you can't complain about it.
  • I haven't been by lately, lots of stuff going on. Had my WI yesterday and I was down 5.7! I'm so excited about it. I will have been doing this on a month on the 7th and i'm sure that by my next WI I will hit 20. Unlike others my first week was my smallest loss! Thanks again for all the encouragement. It really keeps it going for me.
  • I'm down 15 lbs. in 3 weeks. I'm hoping I can make that 20 lbs in a month too!
  • Quote: Well, apparently I need to go shopping for more clothes that fit better. I walked into the grocery store this morning and one of the girls commented that my clothes were hanging off of me and she asked if I had lost weight. Only 75 pounds thank you for noticing I said in my head...... Ok, ok back to the thrift store I go ! ha ha ! !
    I totally agree with shopping at the thrift store or consignments. I've had the same clothes size wise in the closet for 10 years and am noticing things starting to hang. But hopefully I'll get down a couple of sizes before I need to really shop. Down one so far in some things. Today I noticed even my workout pants were hanging Yoohoo!
  • My clothes, too! Sending lots of them to the Consignment shop! Picked up a few pairs of pants; okay, they are a little tight; but I know they will fit better in a few weeks. Toying with phasing off for upcoming ankle surgery and then trip to Vegas (early-November). Even tried an omelette with a slice of cheese; felt VERY bloated. Been pretty diligent and have lost 32 pounds since August. Hubby is on maintenance now, and I really want to weigh less than him. Have about 10 more pounds to shed to do that. Great posts, everyone!
  • Quote: Hi everyone!

havent been able to stop by in a while work is crazy, plus I did 3 exams... 2 interviews for new position and a new diploma...leasure time on the web was not an option But today I do have like 10 mins before the madness of the afternoon begins so here I am...

so.. drum rolls.... im in TWODERLAND.... its been the first time in like 5 years.... 299!!!!!!!! I was yelling and jumping in the house my hubby was excited...the whole works! TOM is coming so I think im a bit bloated today.. but its only temporary...
    flora that is so wonderful, or twoderful as this case may be! Congratulations - a day for celebration to be sure.
  • Quote: I am so happy today, I finally made it into the 180s! 189 1/2, to be precise, but I am on cloud 9. My body finally let go and released the pounds.

On Sunday I was walking down the stairs at home and the pair of pants I had on actually fell off my hips and onto the floor! I hadn't realized how much bigger they had gotten. My bed is bigger too, strange.

Anyway I am feeling kind of giddy - love these breakthroughs!
    Way to go!! Almost choked on my tea as I pictured you walking and the pants falling down. LOL...

I had the strange phenomenon of increasing furniture size too. It was as if my couch grew over night!

Quote: Good morning everyone !

Well, apparently I need to go shopping for more clothes that fit better. I walked into the grocery store this morning and one of the girls commented that my clothes were hanging off of me and she asked if I had lost weight. Only 75 pounds thank you for noticing I said in my head...... Ok, ok back to the thrift store I go ! ha ha !

Also, I put myself on a no restricted's for a week or two. I will be phasing off at the end of October before I go to Cuba, and I'm going to try to kick things up a bit from now till then.

Have a great day everyone !
    NICE! I am sure you will get even more comments once you get the smaller clothes.

Cuba! WOW! I have always wanted to check that place out. What is taking you there? Vacation or something else?

Quote: Hi everyone!

As a bonus.. I'll be starting a new job shortly - the whole exam/interview thing paid off Will be a nice promotion too! Yay me!

That is so fantastic!! Breaking into the 200's must feel great. I probably wouldn't know whether to be crying or stop grinning. Congratulations on making such a great change to your habits and your health! I am so glad your husband was there to celebrate with you. Nothing makes that moment better than sharing it with someone when it happens!

Congrats too on the new job! You must be feeling on top of the world!

Quote: I've been feeling pretty crappy lately... the weather shifted big time in South Dakota and man is this cold kicking my butt.

So far I've managed to not cheat, though with being sick I've pretty much had to force myself to eat. I've been dealing with the Big C lately and I think TOM will be rearing its ugly head soon as well. I feel like a bloated, snotty, piece of crap. So with all that I'm up 3 pounds according to my scale, maybe it has a lot to do with TOM and being sick.. but it's not very encouraging I can tell ya that.

I will say one thing... all the IP packets I have that I really didn't like.. are getting used up lol. When you can't taste it, you can't complain about it.

I am sorry you feel so bad. It isn't easy. I was sick on my 10th week and I know it was hard. I think you are doing a great job and SUCH a smart idea to use up those packets you don't like now. Good thinking. Don't worry about the gain, it will disappear when your body is feeling better and TOM has gone again.

Quote: NSV for me! I am so happy to report that I weigh 5 pounds less than my DH! Yeah!!

Hope you all have a great IP day!

Candace
    WOO HOO!! How nice to have made that point! It has been an important milestone for many of the wives and girlfriends on here. Congratulations!

Quote: I am going for my WI tonight. Please everyone pray for me. If I'm down to 136 I will go on to Phase II. If I'm close at maybe 138 or 139 I'm wondering if I should still start Phase II. I will see what my coach says and if anyone has some input to help me make a decision I really would welcome it.

I pray that everyone has a wonderful IP day.

Blessings to you all,
    Melissa
    Wishing you a beautiful day and a Spectacular weigh in! I truly hope you get to the 136 you want!

Quote: Good morning everybody!
    I also have my 2nd WI after work today. My scale is saying I'm down another 3 lbs this morning. I was really hoping for 4 or more, but 3 is okay too. Maybe I can still get there - water, water, more water!
    This is still less than I've weighed in about 8 years.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful IP day!
    WOW! 8 years! Isn't it strange how losing weight almost has a "going back through time" feeling to it! Great job! I am sure you must be so happy with yourself and your results.

Quote: I saw a number on the scale this morning that I haven't seen in a year and a half so I'm pumped for a GREAT IP day!! (<--- if only we could have carrots.)
    Congratulations on the scale results! I remember I would just stare at those numbers and think it was so remarkable to be back at those numbers so fast! I hope this factors in to your having a great day!

Quote: I haven't been by lately, lots of stuff going on. Had my WI yesterday and I was down 5.7! I'm so excited about it. I will have been doing this on a month on the 7th and i'm sure that by my next WI I will hit 20. Unlike others my first week was my smallest loss! Thanks again for all the encouragement. It really keeps it going for me.
    Welcome Back! That is a great weigh in for one month in!! WOW! You must be doing something right. Congratulations!
  • From Yahoo Health:
    Keep Blood Sugar Healthy with This Secret Ingredient

It's soup season. And whether you get yours from a can or find the time to whip up one of Mom's classics, there's a soup ingredient your blood sugar will love: greens.

That's right. Winter greens like kale and chard make great soup add-ins. And a recent review of scientific studies revealed that people who ate roughly a cup of cooked greens a day were 14 percent less likely to develop type 2 diabetes.

Good Things in Greens
    Results from six different studies of over 200,000 adults confirm it. The researchers looked at overall fruit and vegetable intake, but nothing seemed to have the impact on diabetes risk that leafy greens did -- cooked or raw. It could be because most greens are a great source of magnesium. In other studies, higher intakes of this mighty mineral have been linked to a lower risk of diabetes. Greens also contain a variety of disease-fighting antioxidants that help protect the body in myriad ways.

Greens and Beyond
    As a food group, researchers say leafy greens include a wide range of good-for-you vegetables, including lettuce, kale, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, brussels sprouts, and edible herbs like dill and parsley. And their benefits go well beyond just blood sugar.
    hugs
  • So... I'm lowering my goal weight to 140! After a message from Linden I started thinking about why I set my goal to 160. It's because that is the lowest weight I even remember being, so I knew it was possible for me to get there. I always looked at other people's goal weights of 135, 140, etc and thought "I could never weigh that." But now I'm thinking "WHY CAN'T I?!" So... here goes nothing (but fat!)!! I think at 160 I would be comfortable and feel great, but just the thought of getting to 140 makes me all giddy inside!
  • I know what you mean about the 145 vs. 160. I almost chose 160 as my goal weight. But for about 3 years I weighed 145 and looked great so I'm hoping I can do it again! Plus, the number 163 reminds of when I became really down on myself and went to Overeaters Anonymous meetings. So I want to get passed the 160s.
  • I had my 4 week WI today and was completely surprised by a 6 pound weight loss and shocked to realize that I have lost 27 pounds in 4 weeks. What an amazing feeling!
    Thank you to everyone who posts on here. I read the comments everyday and you all motivate and inspire me to keep at it. I have a long way to go, but I know I will get there.
    Congratulations to everyone on their hard work and dedication!
  • Quote: So... I'm lowering my goal weight to 140! After a message from Linden I started thinking about why I set my goal to 160. It's because that is the lowest weight I even remember being, so I knew it was possible for me to get there. I always looked at other people's goal weights of 135, 140, etc and thought "I could never weigh that." But now I'm thinking "WHY CAN'T I?!" So... here goes nothing (but fat!)!! I think at 160 I would be comfortable and feel great, but just the thought of getting to 140 makes me all giddy inside!
    Quote: I know what you mean about the 145 vs. 160. I almost chose 160 as my goal weight. But for about 3 years I weighed 145 and looked great so I'm hoping I can do it again! Plus, the number 163 reminds of when I became really down on myself and went to Overeaters Anonymous meetings. So I want to get passed the 160s.
    140s are doable! You guys will know when to stop....your body will tell you!
  • Quote: 140s are doable! You guys will know when to stop....your body will tell you!
    thanks!!!
  • Brookie, Congrats on your achievement. You are where I'm at, between 138 and 136. My coach said I should start phase 2. I'm really nervous and not sure if I'm ready. I really would like to get to 130. I'm so happy to be back in the 130's again after maybe 10yrs.
    Congrats and good luck at your WI..