baked falafel

• any idea of the calories in that baked falafel and the serving size? I know it says it makes 21 falafel. I love falafel.
  • Where's this recipe??!! I love falafal too and a baked one would be fabulous!
  • http://chowvegan.com/2009/01/06/baked-falafel/

This is the recipe that was posted for them. I suppose I could add up all the ingredients and find out, I just thought someone might have the calorie count handy. Yummy!
  • looks easy and good, I'm going to try making them. Looks pretty low calorie too, just guessing here, it says the recipe makes 21 balls, so maybe 30-40 calories a ball. hopefully someone knows for sure.
  • Hey, I inputted the recipe in to the calorie count recipe analysis website and put 21 servings into the serving size box, and here is the nutrition info it came up with:

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 26 g

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 81
    Calories from Fat 13
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 1.5g2%
    Cholesterol 0mg0%
    Sodium 6mg0%
    Total Carbohydrates 13.5g4%
    Dietary Fiber 3.7g15%
    Sugars 2.3g
    Protein 4.1g

Vitamin A 2% • Vitamin C 3%
    Calcium 3% • Iron 8%

Nutrition Grade A
    * Based on a 2000 calorie diet
  • Quote: Hey, I inputted the recipe in to the calorie count recipe analysis website and put 21 servings into the serving size box, and here is the nutrition info it came up with:

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 26 g

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 81
    Calories from Fat 13
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 1.5g2%
    Cholesterol 0mg0%
    Sodium 6mg0%
    Total Carbohydrates 13.5g4%
    Dietary Fiber 3.7g15%
    Sugars 2.3g
    Protein 4.1g

Vitamin A 2% • Vitamin C 3%
    Calcium 3% • Iron 8%

Nutrition Grade A
    * Based on a 2000 calorie diet
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • No worries! I don't know how accurate that site is, but I've used it a few times and once worked out every ingredient separately and it seems to be pretty accurate.

I just google "calories by recipe" and it's the first link that comes up for me, and then I put the recipe in there. It's really good for recipes you make up yourself and stuff!
  • Thanks so much!! i love falafel too, but I'm staying away from fried foods.