Christian Encourager's OCTOBER Thread ...

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • HI GALS ~

Well I think I am finally home for a while and work has finally let up so I can breath but...it just might get slower than I want it too Not too worried, we have work coming up..a couple of big projects and we are working on getting some remodel work. The BMW delearship is almost finished and I just completed my end of the Mercedes delearship until the last phase, but that won't be for several months.

Angie is upstairs carving her pumpkin for Trunk or treat at church tomorrow night. We will be costumed in prate gear, same as last year...my kids and their spouses are coming this year too I will post some pics of last year at the bottom.

Good to see new people here WELCOME!

I will try and catch up more later...missed you all
  • HI GARY ~ yes, I remember that you and ANGIE won a prize(s) for the best costumes last year; and they really did look great too. Sounds like another year of fun for your church again this year. We put the finishing touches on our display yesterday; and just have some pumpkins to set on a table tomorrow.

We went searching for a few things we couldn't find yesterday like an outdoor thermometer as the one we had on our porch was finished. We did find one today and even got a couple Christmas gifts today as well. DH bought me an adorable porcelain Angel girl that bows her head and prays as she sings "SILENT NIGHT". Her hands clasp together as in prayer while her fiber optic wings change many colors of the rainbow ... she is so lovely!

I'm trying to pick up a few small things here and there when I see them too; to get ahead of the mad rushes in December. Some stuff you have to get in November becuz they sell out so fast here; you have to be on top of things for sure.

We had lovely all day today, so of course, all the snow was gone today, but tonight we had a light sprinkling again, and it looks pretty. I wouldn't mind if it stayed like this for another week or so; but will it though -- only GOD knows?

HI WILMA ~ oh, a wedding and working full-time would be a lot at one time; congrats to your son! Glad to hear from you too; long time no hear! We all have some up and down days; the most important thing is to keep chipping away at it. Persistence and perseverance for the long-haul is what really matters ...

YES, BOOTSIE ~ our Thanksgiving is held earlier in Canada: usually the second week of October as our growing seasons are shorter here and by then, the harvest is usually in or close to it. Some hardy root veggies can be harvested through October here. So we put up our fall display then and just leave it up for Halloween; then we leave the lights up and switch to the Christmas stuff.

NO, we don't ever put out anything goulish or scary (I don't like that either) -- we have our Pumpkin Man, with the two straw Crows, two straw Ladies, two Pumpkins Kitties, and the Bonhomme Clown (our carnival friend). We also have a bunch of other pumpkins in varying sizes that will go on our porch table tomorrow night as well. The porch itself is lined with green, orange, and yellow lights wrapped in between with red & orange Maple Leafs.

They are calling for more for the next fews days, but we may get a few light ***flurries*** in between. Hope you all have a pleasant Sunday and good week coming up too ... Rosebud
  • HI GALS ~

Angie and I just finished a tostada dinner, she is behind me on her new laptop...sure saves fighting over computer time We are watching old TV shows ~ Family Ties, Doogie Howser and Happy Days

I have been off work for a couple of days...I really needed it!...but have been busy with chores that have needed done. I also am re-doing the garage gym and storage area.

I have been able to get my dogs out for 3 miles every day...the weather has been absolutely gorgeous...cool mornings and evenings and high 70's during the day.

Halloween at church was fun...we took second place this year instead of first ........my kids and dil showed up to help out all dressed in their pirate gear...way fun! I told Angie we will shoot for 3rd next year so we can sweep 1-2-3 trophies then go on to another theme. We had a great time then the kids all wanted to go to our Mexican food joint...fine with me! ...even though Angie and I had just gone two nights before...but seriously...I can't ever have too much Mexican food

Well, I have read all your posts...will catch up more later....back to my recliner next to Angie's...

Prayers!
  • HELLO TO OUR CHRISTIAN FRIENDS OUT THERE ~ We had a loverly day today ... full all day long, so we just had to get out and enjoy it. We went up town to run some errands, shop a bit (hunting for some more good books), and picked up a few fresh salad stuff for this week too.

I picked up another Thomas Kinkaide Christmas book, and some more Lavyrle Spencer's books (2 of them), plus some others as well. I will have a nice supply of good stories to read for the winter; oh, I can't wait.

GARY ~ I think that's cute the way you and ANGIE have matching recliners to relax in together at night. We don't have room for that in our livingroom; our couch takes up one wall and the piano and organ another. Then the computer desk is on the third and our big picture window the fourth. So, we don't have anymore space. Our livingroom could probably fit in your front foyer ...

Well, that prompts me to dream of a bigger home with a bit bigger rooms for the future; hope GOD hears my thoughts about that ... ya, I'm sure He does and he has only heard my prayers for umpteen years. And, I know He has heard those too ... now, we don't want it too big, then it would be harder to heat, but adequate is good!

You sure have some good temps down there: high 70's -- hmmm, you are so spoiled. The temps have fallen tonight, but I just cranked up the ole furnace a notch ... ah, that's better. Gee, it's just past midnight; didn't realize it was so late -- time to go get some rest now.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow; take good care now ... Rosebud
  • Well darn...my post from yesterday didn't happen...guess I forgot to submit it...dang...

Angie is teaching yoga at church and I have leftover turkey/mashed potatoes/gravy/green beans and sourdough bread ready to warm up for dinner....yum-o!

I have been busy at work the last 2 days but should have a short day tomorrow then some time off...

I will catch up tomorrow or this week-end...

PROMISE!!
  • Received this from a friend today thought I would share it with y'all.

IT IS A WONDERFUL MESSAGE!! ENJOY!

Once upon a time there was a girl who had four boyfriends. She loved the fourth boyfriend the most and adorned him with rich robes and treated him to the finest of delicacies. She gave him nothing but the best.

She also loved the third boyfriend very much and was always showing him off to neighboring kingdoms. However, she feared that one day he would leave her for another.

She also loved her second boyfriend. He was her confidant and was always kind, considerate and patient with her. Whenever this girl faced a problem, she could confide in him, and he would help her get through the difficult times.

The girl's first boyfriend was a very loyal partner and had made great contributions in maintaining her wealth and kingdom. However, she did not love the first boyfriend. Although he loved her deeply, she hardly took notice of him!

One day, the girl fell ill and she knew her time was short. She thought of her luxurious life and wondered, "Now I have four boyfriends with me, but when I die, will I be a alone?"

Thus, she asked the fourth boyfriend, "I loved you the most, endowed you with the finest clothing, and showered great care over you. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No way!" replied the fourth boyfriend, and he walked away without another word.

His answer cut like a sharp knife right into her heart.

The sad girl then asked the third boyfriend, "I loved you all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" 'No!’ replied the third boyfriend. "Life is too good! When you die, I'm going to marry someone else!" Her heart sank and turned cold.

She then asked the second boyfriend, "I have always turned to you for help and you've always been there for me. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?" "I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!" replied the second boyfriend. "At the very most, I can only walk with you to your grave. “His answer struck her like a bolt of lightning, and the girl was devastated.

Then a voice called out: "I'll go with you. I'll follow you no matter where you go." The girl looked up, and there was her first boyfriend. He was very skinny as he suffered from malnutrition and neglect. Greatly grieved, the girl said, 'I should have taken much better care of you when I had the chance!'

In truth, you have four boyfriends in your lives:

Your fourth boyfriend is your body. ! No matter how much time and effort you lavish in making it look good, it will leave you when you die.

Your third boyfriend is your possessions, status, and wealth. When you die, it will all go to others.

Your second boyfriend is your family and friends. No matter how much they have been there for you, the furthest they can stay by you is up to the grave.

And your first boyfriend is your soul. Often neglected in pursuit of wealth, power, and pleasures of the world. However, your soul is the only thing that will follow you wherever you go. Cultivate, strengthen, and cherish it now, for it is the only part of you that will follow you to the throne of God and continue with you throughout Eternity.

In essence, it's the REAL YOU....... Thought for the day:

Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray. Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.
  • BOOTSIE ~ that's a good story; yes, we mustnt' neglect our spiritual soul ... I read this the other day about our lives here on earth -- "We aren't human beings having a spiritual experience; but spiritual beings having a human experience."

HI, GARY ~ busy, busy, busy ... as usual! Glad your work days are more reasonable now ... have a great weekend!

We had beautiful, glorious, loverly, all day long today -- what a pleasant surprise for us, so I sat in my rocker and caught as many Vitamin D rays as I could. Took down my leaves today, but now the porch is all ready for the Christmas decos. We leave our lights there from the previous holidays; and now I can just change the bulbs around as I like.

Hi to all our other CE friends out there; hope you are all having a nice weekend too. We're just having a quiet night at home; DH is watching old DUKES OF HAZZARD shows that I got him for Christmas last year ...

Have a blessed day of rest tomorrow ... Rosebud
  • HI GALS ~

Just sitting here watching Andy Griffith reruns while Angie goes from knitting a sweater for our soon to be GRANDdaughter, KAIA FAITH.

She went on a hiking/yoga trip with my daughter this morning while I went to church, joined by my son and ex-wife...my daughter in law was out of town for a USC alumni cheerleader baby shower for another girl.

I spent most of the day, after church, in the family room watching my NASCAR race and my RAIDERS...and my sil's Chargers games....lay-z

but I loved it!

I may meet up with CBMARE this week as she is in my area...

tomorrow Angie and I are meeting a Pastor that was our Vicar 3 years ago, he is here from Indiana for a convention...I am excited!

well....better get back to TV with my wife

I will be off a lot this upcoming week....I will catch up then
  • I had an interesting morning in church today. I am fighting a cold but went to church anyway as I had to attend an important meeting afterwards. I had a coughing fit and just couldn't stop, I was digging around in my purse trying to find a lozenge and the pianist got up and got a glass of water and brought it to me.Of course I was sitting near the front so everybody saw him bringing my water. Embarrasing !
  • I think this cold must be hitting the road and finding everyone. I think the Pianist knew what you were going through and just wanted to help you. I have been trying to stay away from people myself for I am afraid this is not allergies but a virus. For if it was allergies my husband and I would of had it at the same time but he had his last week. One of my friends said she had hers for 5 weeks! I am better today but still not up to par, it has settled in my chest now. My husband sneezed around 200 times but I have only sneezed 5 times. But been coughing like I have the whooping cough. Praying for you Bargoo, to get well soon.
  • BARGOO ~ am sending up some prayers for your cold & cough. You know, that pianist will be blessed for bringing you that cup of cold water. You needed it, so no need to be embarrassed ...
  • Thanks, Bootsie and Rosebud , yes it was very kind of the pianist to do that. I was just thinking the people around me were probably thinking . I wish she would stop coughing so we can hear the service. Still have it today but I am trying to do all the usual things we do to try to get rid of a head cold. A cold is not that serious but they can sure make you feel lousy.
  • After being under the weather a bit and recovering from the wedding I am back in action again. I'm going to my monday nite class and am going to exercise in the mornings before work. Feels so good.

There is so much sickness in my family and I ask for prayer for them. Three members are fighting cancer and my mom is recovering from a car accident. It's wierd for me to feel such elation at what's going on with my kids and yet the exact opposite when I think about other family members suffering.

I'll be praying for those colds and coughs. Tis the season!!
  • HI WILMA ~ will definitely send up prayers for your family members who are so sick; but glad that you are feeling better as well ...

Yes, this is the time of year that many people catch colds & flus; although I seem to notice people with colds during the summer months as well. Our local papers and such are reminding us all to wash our hands; wash our hands; wash our hands ... whenever we have been out in the public as a precautionary measure.

UPDATE ~ Well, I finally got my call about the colonoscopy test -- it will be on Monday, November 22, 2010 but not sure of the time yet. I have to go the Wednesday before for the pre-op consult for preparation, and they will tell me the exact time then ... eeks, I will try and not be too nervous about it. I would also appreciate prayers about this test too; thanks so much. I am feeling better and the symptoms seemed to have eased off, but they want to make sure and check anyways ...

DH had some pictures blown up of his parents and grandparents; we finally got them back today, but we had to make 4 trips (for only 2 pictures) becuz they made a mistake (did the wrong picture). So I put them in some nice frames for him and we put them up on our livingroom walls today.

Other than that, I just did my usual light housechores today, plus meals & dishes. Of course, I did lot of my early morning exercises upon waking; I too feel so good that I get them done first thing and don't put them off. This was the best exercise strategy that I have ever tried. I have also seen huge payoffs for the toning exercises as well in smaller clothes too.

We have been having awesome weather here -- again today (that's 4 days in a row) and they are calling for another day or 2 more. We are finally having our fall, after all. We had a heavy Jack Frost last night, but then things cleared up nicely.

I was explaining in the PRAISE THREAD yesterday that I had some kind of MALWARE incident with my PC the other night. Some kind of BUG erased all my images, including pictures, emoticons, smilies, and worst of all -- the SUBMIT REPLY buttons. So, I can't post here using FIREFOX yet, so I had to come in through IE. However, I did get a reply from the Mozilla people quite promptly; they were quite sympathetic, and felt it was likely some kind of MALWARE program that caused the problem, and gave me a few hints how to remedy it. Still workin' on it though ...

Hope all our CE friends are having a great week ... Rosebud
  • Going to gather pecans tomorrow with my friend down at my brother in laws. I gave my friend some eggs to put in her incubator she bought at a garage sale for 1 dollar and four of them hatched she watched two hatch , she was just like a Mother hen she would turn them each day. She was so excited watching them come out of the egg. It is so nice to listen to people who really enjoy life. Those 4 baby chickens are already spoiled rotton, she brought them up to the store this afternoon for me to see . She says she is not going to get attached but lets see........think she already is.
    I tried to post here earlier but it would not let me for some reason......