I P WEEKEND CHAT, October 2-3, 2010

You're on Page 9 of 9
Go to
  • Quote:
    And it is pretty dauntingly looming in the future.
    Yeah, like 7 days away.......for the first one....
  • Hi again! Not sure if I should say goodnite or good morning since it's 12:02 east coast time.. I am finally packed. Even have my protein powder/shaker/ and packets too.. I'm taking pudding packets too, Gonna see if they give me headaches after being off the splenda a bit..I will miss you all, since my mom doesn't have a computer. I am bringing my lap top and if I can pick up a wireless signal I will try to stay in touch..

welcome all newbies! and Dave glad your team one!!! well I gotta get up in 5 hrs so I'd better sign off... stay strong fellow IP'ers!!

angel blessings!
  • Quote: Hi Mama!
    I am so glad you brought this up. Please do not take this as any kind of harsh message, it is not meant that way, but instead to cheer you on to success.

There are a lot of different opinions, and you'll have to decide what you think is best for you. That said, as a person in Phase 4 (and no weight gain 5 weeks in...) here is my take on it....[WARNING: SOAP BOX HAS BEEN PULLED OUT FROM UNDER THE COUNTER...]

(ahem...) IMHO The whole point of IP is to learn to eat differently. FOREVER.

ok, returning soap box to under the counter now....
    I didn't copy it all again here, but that was a GREAT soapbox speech! I totally agree with you. Over the past two weeks I've really been trying to wrap my head around how different things will be once I lose all this weight. It's a little scary because so much is cemented in habit and it almost feels like it would be impossible not to eat and drink like I used to.

But I keep thinking back to about 12 years ago when I gave up smoking. At that time I thought, "well, that's it, I'm never going to enjoy another cup of coffee or glass of wine ever again", because those were always accompanied by a cigarette. As it turns out, I was wrong and I did end up enjoying both just as much if not more (I wish it had been less as far as the wine goes, and maybe I wouldn't be quite so overweight now! )

Anyhow, I know I do want to be that person who isn't ruled by food (or wine), who can enjoy all the important things in life without the extra calories that go with them. I want to be healthy, feel good and have energy. It IS possible to be happy and healthy. The time we spend on this program will help us figure out how to do it. And this forum is an invaluable resource to help us get there.
    (okay, I've put my soapbox away too!)
  • The new daily thread is open. This thread will close sometime later today, probably between 3 pm and 5 pm EDT.

We leave this thread open so that you can multi-quote posts from this thread and reply to them in the new thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the new daily chat thread for today.