I P WEEKEND CHAT, October 2-3, 2010

You're on Page 3 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: Hello my fellow IP'ers. I started the IP program a little over a week ago and just joined 3FC this morning. Just wanted to say hello and a great big thank you to all of you. I've been reading all of the IP posts and getting lots of hints and tricks.

I do have a question. I have seen where exercise is not recommended for a lot of you. My coach has recommended it. At weigh in this past week (7.6 lbs gone), I specifically asked about weights and cardio and I was encouraged to keep doing it. I really would like to lose the fastest amount of weight possible in the quickest amount of time. So, would you recommend I just stick to mild cardio at this time (walking, etc) rather than doing a cardio sculpt dvd (Jillian Michael's Shred)? Also, should I avoid all of the higher carb packets (the ones that are only allowed once a day)? Would that maybe help me meet my goal a little quicker?

I've started many a diet in recent years only to give out. I don't know if it's a different diet or a different state of mind or maybe a combination of the two, but I feel like I can stick with this one. Of course, saying good-bye to 7 lbs was certainly a good incentive.

Thanks again for all of your wonderful advice. I look forward to being a great big loser with all of you!
    NCgirlie You have found the best Eating Program and the very best support forum!!! You have done great the 1st week!! Hmmm about the exercise...any coach I know advises NO EXERCISE for the 1st and 2nd phases
  • Good morning fellow IPers! It is a beautiful morning here on Vancouver Island. My plan is to get a ton of yard work done - I have mucho gardens to put to bed for the season.
    I just spent a relaxing 1/2 hr or so catching up on yesterdays chat (a little drama eh? )
    tedski - about sleep - I'm actually sleeping better now than I was, except for the fact I've been getting up at 3:00 AM every night to go pee! I guess that's a good thing.
    Rhonda - I certainly did notice your 21 lb loss! Just hadn't had a chance to post yet. Fabulous! Maybe you should change your ticker to reflect those numbers and remind yourself of what a great achievement that is!
    darbs - we also have a trip to Mexico booked for March. I'm hoping to have reached my goal by then (fingers crossed).
    Journeysend - LOVE the tips! I too am feeling a lot better healthwise after not even 2 weeks. I've mentioned before on here that I have arthritis in my hip which bothered me almost continuously (sometimes more, sometimes less). Well, it hasn't bothered me AT ALL for about a week or so!
    Cinders - I was really interested in your post as I am going to a conference in about a month at Whistler. Same gig - there will be partying and drinking and many hours spent in seminars. My plan is Perrier in a wine glass and party along with the rest of them, then feeling pretty smug next morning when I feel great and they don't!! I will bring packets etc, and I'm pretty confident Fairmont Whistler will serve lots of veggies/salads etc for lunch and dinner.
    hawkeyemom - please don't think I was attacking you about c____ weekends (I'm even afraid to say the word! LOL ). I am just a believer in using positive language and affirmation whenever possible. Nuff said.
    mama2three - You started the day after me and we're about the same height! We can encourage each other! You are going to love it here - so much knowledge and inspiration!
    Dave - wow! I mean, don't be so wishy washy about where you stand! In all seriousness, tough love can be good and, as Forrest Gump would say, that is all I'm going to say about that.

Have a glorious day everyone. I'll be back to catch up after a wonderful day of gardening.
  • Quote: Happy Saturday Everyone!

Today is going to be a great day! I am going to Sport Chek to look at the Reebok Tone Ups (their version of the Sketchers ones), my friend gets a discount their so I am hoping I find a pair that I love. I have another friend who swears by them that it really toned her butt and thighs which are my trouble spots. I seem to be losing in my upper body but my lower body is slow to let the fat go! haha
    And then tonight I have a friend coming over to discuss weight loss. She text me yesterday as she was so upset with herself and how she looks and feels. She went for a walk bought a cup of coffee and a chocolate bar and spent the rest of her day punishing herself! I know we have all been there! She is getting married next summer and all her friends and family live on the other side of the country and they are doing their weight loss together which didn't help her feel any better.
    As I continue my quest of paying it forward I am going to tell her about Ideal Protein but had her search Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig so that she can make the best decision for her. I suspect she will join the IP crew! And we are going to do this together. More importantly it will help her feel better in knowing that she is no alone in her feelings and her journey.
    So to all of you who have started your journey, are near the end of your journey or thinking about starting your "last diet" it's time to say good bye to punishing ourselves and embrace the person that we want to be!
    I have a pair of Sketchers and love them!!
    I am also Paying it Forward...my cousin and sister joined IP 2 wks ago...we talk every 2nd day or so and I have been having them over for Tea & IP Chat once a week!! Love encouraging them and seeing how excited they are starting the program. Oh yes my sister in law phoned the other day to talk to me about IP and she has an appointment with my coach on Mon.!! Gonna have the whole family on IP. LOL
    Have a great weekend!
  • karrin...what part of Vancouver Island do you live in..just talking to my cousin that lives in Parksville
  • Quote: Good Morning Everyone! I slept in this morning and needed it after a long week of work. I love the weekends for catching up on sleep! In yesterday's thread no one noticed my little victory ... my husband's scale is showing that I've lost 22 lbs from my highest weight ever (earlier this year!) I sure hope my coach's (actually my real dr. but you guys have me calling her my coach now lol) IP scale shows a big loss on Monday evening!!

My pants I wore to work yesterday kept falling off my hips! They always were a little large (size 24 & I was really a 22) but I could not keep the pants up!!! I had to take an acco clip from my desk drawer and gather the fabric in the back and keep them "pinned". I think I need to take them in for alterations today, don't ya think. I love these khaki pants from Avenue because you can wash & dry them with no pressing at all. I hate to lose some good pants because I'm losing weight.

Thank you for all my supporters! Love you guys!!!
    Awesome job Rhonda! Sorry that I missed your wonderful news yesterday. I will make sure to pay closer attention. Make sure you let us know how your WI goes on Monday.
  • Quote: karrin...what part of Vancouver Island do you live in..just talking to my cousin that lives in Parksville
    I'm in Duncan, that's a little more than an hour south.
  • Journeysend - I am convinced! I am totally going to get them one way or the other. Too many people say they work! Can't wait to walk my dogs in my new shoes!

Kaarin - Conferences can be tough but even if they don't serve veggies the restaurant always has them! There is no better feeling then knowing you have overcome that obstacle and still maintained your integrity and commitment to the program. It sounds like you have your plan and that's the best way to approach it.

And if people want to judge you because you are eating healthy...Well I can think of worse things to be judged for!
  • Quote: Good Morning everyone!

Time to put the outdoor furniture away!! So I believe I am in full Ketosis, the bad breath, but the "Gassy" from all the veggies. I did the video again but I didn't see anything on there about that? I believe it is because I have added broccoli to my salads. Has anyone tried to BBQ soy nuts? I am going to be gone for 7 days and have planned with my coach a few things I can do I was just curious how you all liked the soy nuts?

Have a great weekend everyone!! Keep up the GREAT WORK....
    LOVE THE SOY NUTS
  • Quote: Good morning fellow IPers! It is a beautiful morning here on Vancouver Island. My plan is to get a ton of yard work done - I have mucho gardens to put to bed for the season.
    I just spent a relaxing 1/2 hr or so catching up on yesterdays chat (a little drama eh? )
    tedski - about sleep - I'm actually sleeping better now than I was, except for the fact I've been getting up at 3:00 AM every night to go pee! I guess that's a good thing.
    Rhonda - I certainly did notice your 21 lb loss! Just hadn't had a chance to post yet. Fabulous! Maybe you should change your ticker to reflect those numbers and remind yourself of what a great achievement that is!
    darbs - we also have a trip to Mexico booked for March. I'm hoping to have reached my goal by then (fingers crossed).
    Journeysend - LOVE the tips! I too am feeling a lot better healthwise after not even 2 weeks. I've mentioned before on here that I have arthritis in my hip which bothered me almost continuously (sometimes more, sometimes less). Well, it hasn't bothered me AT ALL for about a week or so!
    Cinders - I was really interested in your post as I am going to a conference in about a month at Whistler. Same gig - there will be partying and drinking and many hours spent in seminars. My plan is Perrier in a wine glass and party along with the rest of them, then feeling pretty smug next morning when I feel great and they don't!! I will bring packets etc, and I'm pretty confident Fairmont Whistler will serve lots of veggies/salads etc for lunch and dinner.
    hawkeyemom - please don't think I was attacking you about c____ weekends (I'm even afraid to say the word! LOL ). I am just a believer in using positive language and affirmation whenever possible. Nuff said.
    mama2three - You started the day after me and we're about the same height! We can encourage each other! You are going to love it here - so much knowledge and inspiration!
    Dave - wow! I mean, don't be so wishy washy about where you stand! In all seriousness, tough love can be good and, as Forrest Gump would say, that is all I'm going to say about that.

Have a glorious day everyone. I'll be back to catch up after a wonderful day of gardening.
    My starting weight is five pounds more than you....my goal is five pounds more than you and my height is one inch more than you (account for the five pound difference)....otherwise we are very similar and I started three weeks ago this coming Tuesday...sounds like our path is similar.
  • Quote: I have seen where exercise is not recommended for a lot of you. My coach has recommended it. At weigh in this past week (7.6 lbs gone), I specifically asked about weights and cardio and I was encouraged to keep doing it. I really would like to lose the fastest amount of weight possible in the quickest amount of time. So, would you recommend I just stick to mild cardio at this time (walking, etc) rather than doing a cardio sculpt dvd (Jillian Michael's Shred)? Also, should I avoid all of the higher carb packets (the ones that are only allowed once a day)? Would that maybe help me meet my goal a little quicker?
    NCgirlie ! I was going to refer you to the week 1 introductory package but ... I just checked my introductory package of information and oddly, there is no mention about exercise. Nor is there a prohibition against exercise in Tran's book Chapter 15 discusses exercise, but to my eye, it seems more about the benefits of moving your body in maintenance.

There are members and former members who have exercised throughout their Phase 1 & 2. One woman was walking an hour a day; another started/continued strength training and cardio with a personal trainer.

What exactly have you been doing as exercise? Post that in the exercise thread, here. If it's intense and high-calorie burning, you'll definitely need to increase your water intake and probably your food intake. Phase 1 gives you 800 -900 calories per day and intense exercise can shut down ketosis, the fat-burning process that IP is designed to stimulate. What did your coach say when you gave him/her the specifics of your workout?
    Quote: I am going to a conference in about a month at Whistler. Same gig - there will be partying and drinking and many hours spent in seminars. My plan is Perrier in a wine glass and party along with the rest of them, then feeling pretty smug next morning when I feel great and they don't!! I will bring packets etc, and I'm pretty confident Fairmont Whistler will serve lots of veggies/salads etc for lunch and dinner.
    Can you contact the Fairmont Whistler now and set yourself up for success?
  • Greetings! I'm bravely coming out of lurkdom to join in the fun, even though just perusing all the past posts and information could keep me busy for a very long time.

I've been following the IP protocol for 4 weeks, and have lost 16 lbs. and 12 inches. I'm a little frustrated that most of the inches are coming off my already thin bird legs instead of my belly! Any ideas for me?

I've found IP to be quite easy to follow, and I'm full enough that passing by not-allowed food hasn't been too bad. I've even survived 2 parties with some of my favorites goodies, cooking for my son's favorite birthday meal, and a road trip with potato-chip-munching friends!

Thanks to you all for all the tips and recipes you've shared, I've found a lot of help here!

Jay
  • Quote: I was told in the beginning that we had to keep our heart level down to just fat burn not big time exercising!! I am in phase 2 now and asked my coach on Wed. if I could go back to the gym, my arms need help, but she said no! not until phase 3. You are probably putting on muscle and throwing yourself out of ketosis.

Yippee!!! Congrats, what a good way to start this fantastic weekend!

Great Job! When our pants fall off it is definitely a wonderful day. I posted late last night that I had to go buy new stuff and found on clearance 2 sz 6 capris for 10 bucks each and a pair of shorts 8's for 4 bucks at Kohl's. I love clearance racks!!! Oh at Kohl's. I started in way tight 14's and now I can get into a 6, so exciting!!! Yes they are tight, but hopefully not for long.
    Congratulations to everyone with great WI and NSV!!!! Here's to a great Saturday!!!
    Congrats to my dear sister-in-law for her new size 6 Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that we trying to find you a size 8 You are doing great
  • How do you know you are in ketosis?
  • hi again! kudos to all of you! Great losses keep it up!!!!

Busy day at work..had a new client with thick curly hair, she loved the way I blew out her hair usuing my giant round brushes ( 4" 5" 6" boar bristles round).. She started talking about her weight.. ( what else do we hairdresser's hear about?) so I told her about IP, my journey on it, and she got so excited, I hope she tries it. I know she looked great when she left, but I knew she felt great too ( and hopeful)..

You know, we are all on this earth to help each other, REALLY. I admire Mother Theresa and what she did with her life. Each of us can bloom where we are planted and help those god has placed in our lives- ( the ones we like and the ones who test our patience)
    Ok, that's all I have to say...
    Tommorrow I pack for Fla!! yeah!!

angel blessings!
  • Just got back from my first WI. Lost 6.6 lbs and 3.5 inches measuring off of three different places. I am very happy about that