**~**October Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome**~**

You're on Page 55 of 60
Go to
  • Shells: That game sounds fun!

Lindsey: Hope you feel better soon!

Lauren: We were wondering how you were doing. Glad you are doing better and congrats on the weigh in

Diana: I was doing better I thought and then this morning, my ear is hurting almost as bad. I thought I would get to go back to aqua wxercises this week sigh. Congrats on only having 1 lb to go! Wow!!!

Vixsin: Hugs, you will make it. You are doing such a fantastic job and have come so far. I'm seriously impressed by how well you do!

My ear hurts, it seems so silly to be incapacitated by a stupid ear ache but the darn thing has me wincing ever few seconds and not able to focus. I'm going to go lay down for a bit.

Roxanne
  • Quote: I'd kick myself but I'm afraid I'd blow the button on my jeans.
    Ohhhh Pint

I hope the antacids work, being bloated is no fun
  • Quote: My body will reward me, I just have to trust the process and have faith in it.
    That's a great attitude Vixsin, you stick to it and you will lose the weight!
  • Quote: Lauren - Congrats on the loss!!!!! Way to go girl!!! Thanks...weigh in day always makes me nervous, even though I weigh myself everyday. I guess because it's "official" it goes in my notebook I keep of measurements and what not.
    Thanks! I'm the same. I weigh in everyday but THE weigh in day always make me nervous. I wonder why ....

Quote: 163.4# today! (21.5" lost!) I was really hoping for 163 even but maybe by the weekend! Gosh I've got a ton of homework and laundry to do, awesome combo! Ehhh...Hope every has a great, healthy, OP day!!!
    Great job on the loss!
  • Quote: Lauren--I made it. I love to cook, experiment and try new things. I heard of the recipe before, so I tweaked it a bit to be healthier and it turned out pretty yummy.
    Awesome! I love to cook, experiment and try new things too. Where did you get the recipe?? I'd love to try it if you are ok with sharing the recipe
  • Thanks Lauren! I don't know why I get nervous either. I mean we saw the number yesterday, the weigh in day's number shouldn't be like a shock or anything. Maybe we're afraid mysteriously overnight we gained a few...LOL
  • Wow everyone is doing so well! Congratulations! I was kinda depressed cause the scale hadn't budged for a few days and I splurged last night... but when I weighed myself this morning I was down a pound and a half! Which put me right at my mini goal of ten lbs lost! Woot! I'm hoping for another ten lbs by Thanksgiving (although I will be happy with at least 5).

I really need to cut back on the lean cuisines... I think they are making me retain water! They are so good though.
  • roxanne - Thanks, I am feeling better I understand not being able to do much with an ear ache. Such a small problem can be really get in the way.

LittleL - Ha! That is most likely it. So silly
  • Abstract - Great job losing that 1.5lbs and reaching your mini-goal!
  • That's my theory Lauren!
  • Lauren--Sure, I'd love to share it! I used Food Network's recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...ipe/index.html

But, the way I made it was like this:

1tbs of olive oil
    1/2 an onion diced
    1 apple cored and diced
    1 carton of reduced sodium, no fat chicken broth
    1 cubed acorn squash (or butternut, I happened to have an acorn squash)
    1tbs of curry powder

Cooked the onions in the olive oil for a few minutes, added the diced apple. Cooked for a few minutes longer. Added the chicken broth and cubed squash. Cooked until the squash was soft. Added the curry. Put it in the blender and blended until smooth. You can add a dollop of plain yogurt to the finished dish if you want, but I didn't have any, so I didn't. It was about 100 calories per serving (and that was on the high side of my estimate).

Oh, and I didn't measure most of the ingredients when I cooked it, so they are my guestimations.
  • Thanks Shells! Sounds good! I just have to replace the chicken broth with a veggie broth!
  • Shells, sounds delish!
  • Abstract--Awesome job reaching your goal!

Roxan--I know how terrible ear infections can be. I almost never get them, but the one I had was so terrible I thought I was losing my mind. Feel better soon and take it easy.

Lauren--I bet that would be an excellent substitute!

Little--I find it's perfect for a chilly fall morning.

Weight: Scale still not budging much at all. *sniff sniff* (these last couple of weeks have been brutal)
    Exercise: Walked/Jogged 3.2 miles

Breakfast: Rice Crispies, skim milk, lemon tea
    Lunch: Lean Cuisine steak tips and broccoli, 1/2 cup of soup
    Snack: tortilla chips and hummus
    Dinner: Cajun tilapia, polenta, sugar snap peas, coffee with cream and sugar

Calories: 1,117
  • Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1505 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
    spritz oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 cal
    Handful of spinach
    2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
    high fiber English muffin 100 cal
    1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream
    juice 75 calories

Lunch: (340 calories)
    Earth Grains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
    1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
    2 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 30 Calories
    Romaine Lettuce Leaves
    Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Mustard 0 Calories
    Snack Pack of Sliced Apples 40 Calories
    Oikos Yogurt 110 Calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
    Salad 700 calories
    Cabbage soup 100 calories

Exercise:
    ~TF Fire 45 EZ X's 2 (I didn't do all the warm-ups/cool downs so it was about 75 minutes or so)
    ~TJ Ab Jam
    ~I did some upper body exercises with the green dyna band