**~**October Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome**~**

You're on Page 48 of 60
Go to
  • Did you go to the Olive Garden, Diana?
  • I have the lunches packed and tomorrow's breakfast and lunch planned. I'm not sure what we're planning tomorrow evening, so I don't have iron clad plans for dinner yet. I have a few things ready to go, in case hubby doesn't want to cook. He'll probably be home before us, so he'll probably cook. I've already made a salad for dinner tomorrow.

Tomorrow's meals:

B: Chai-spiced oatmeal - 160 calories

L: PB&J sandwich 340 calories, I'm splitting a package of organic cheese puffs with my daughter, so that'll be 60 calories, 55 calories for half of an apple-pear. (a new fruit/apple at the grocery). I'm having water with it, so my total will be 455 calories for lunch.

It's a visit to a farm, so there will be plenty of walking!

Today hubby told me he loves the way I look, even dressed like a bag. ROTFL. I was still in my workout sweats and t-shirt. Ahh men and their compliments...
  • 10-21-10 (wow - October is almost over already)

120+ ounces water

Breakfast:
    Pumpkin Pie protein shake

Snack:
    One Lindt Chocolate Truffle

Lunch:
    Hamburger Patty with mushrooms & swiss cheese chunks mixed in
    Green Giant Immunity blend veggies

Snack:
    Protein Shake
    Laughing Cow cheese wedge

Dinner:
    Hamburger Patty with mushrooms & swiss cheese chunks mixed in
    Cottage Cheese
    Salad
    Blue Bunny SF Drumstick

Total calories approximately 1435, carbs 66 grams, Protein 131 grams
  • Well tonight we ended up going out to eat. I totally forgot that one of my husband's co-worker's going away dinner was this evening. I didn't really plan but considering it was kinda on the spot I think I did ok. Although, I'm not going to lie I feel guilty for going over a few hundred calories.

Here's the break down for today:
    B- Oatmeal w/milk 180, ww toast w/jam 100 (280)
    S- 1 c. no sugar added fruit cocktail 60
    L- LC quesadilla 220
    D- caesar side salad 150, dinner roll 105
    flatbread w/ olive oil, basil, garlic, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella ~600
    4 small bites of pizza & crust 100?
    I'm going to estimate today was about 1515...
    I rounded up on the flatbread thing and the bites of pizza & crust just in case. Honestly the bites were tiny...but I want to be safe!

I did however walk at a good pace for 40 minutes (there and back from the restaurant).

This is the first time since I began that I've went "over" this much. I normally eat 1200/day...can someone please tell me WHY I feel so guilty over 300 calories????? I know I did good and I made the best choices possible (minus the bites of pizza I guess)...but I've been doing so well. I dunno...could it be that I'm afraid that I went "off track" one day, that I'll screw up and go over tomorrow and gain the weight back I've lost??? Maybe I've afraid that I'll be at the point I was again...who knows. Any insight?? Am I nuts?? Hope not though!

Thanks ladies, you're awesome! Hope everyone had a great day!
  • Thanks Vixsin & Diana!
  • Nicole, you're very welcome! You'll be there real soon girl, you're kicking booty! I'm thinking of you and your mom, hope she is doing ok!!!
  • Good Morning and TGIF!

krampus Ha Ha Yes, we went to Olive Garden. What gave me away? The Zuppa? I LOVE Zuppa. Everyone in the family orders the salad. I am always the odd one. I was going to order the Apricot Chicken. It is much lower in calories but the sodium is really high. If you pair that with the sodium from the Zuppa, I would probably have water retention this morning. I chose the Salmon since it is lower in sodium and I think it is healthier that the the Chicken meal.
  • Good Morning all! TGIF!

I woke up to see white flakes in the air this morning... I don't like winter! It lasts forever where I live. Blah! But, the kids are excited, so that's cute.

Little--I'm the same way. I get so guilty going over 1200 calories, even though my weight loss calorie target is between 1600-1900. I'd like to think we're just very committed to our weight loss goals, so we're very conscious of what goes in our mouths. I know I can get a bit too much about it though, so I do need to learn to relax a little. I think my fear is that if I cut myself any slack then I'll start down a slippery slope. I think I need to trust myself more that this is a lifestyle and one day of extra calories won't ruin it all.

Pint--I love Chai! I've never heard of Chai-spiced oatmeal, though. Do you make it yourself?

Krampus--Great job on running even though you didn't want to!

Roxan--I tend to crave carbs when the weather gets cool. I had a great day, yesterday, thanks for asking! How did clinicals go?

Cin--Oooh, a fish restaurant sounds yummy! Enjoy!

Vixsin--Congrats on an OP day! Great job!

Asparagus--I agree with Nicole. Maybe some sleep will help you feel better. How are you doing today?

Welcome, Judy! I know prednasone does make weightloss a bit more challenging. How about starting by logging what you eat during the day and counting the calories? Then you might know where you can cut some things out. As many people on the forum can attest, the main thing is calories in vs. calories out.

Nicole--I'm thinking about you today and praying for your mom. How did the dentist visit go? Is the dentist cute at all? *lol*

Marci--Great job! Let's see that 240!

Lauren--I bought that Bragg stuff the last time you guys were talking about it. I LOVE it! I have something called Meniere's Disease, so I can't have a lot of sodium, so it was a perfect substitute for soy sauce. Thank you!! And I am so proud of you breaking into the 180s. You go, girl!!

Ish--Welcome to the team! We'll help keep you accountable.

Diana--My hubby is always chasing me around too. Drives me crazy, but I love it all at the same time.

Love2b--I'm sorry I took so long to respond to your post. Husbands can be the most unobservant people in the world! It must be frustrating to work so hard and not have him comment on your hard work. I think I would have if my hubby was telling people not to compliment me simply because it got him into trouble. Yeesh. I think you're doing an awesome job!
  • Morning all - I do feel better thanks. I was just beat yesterday and wanted to binge so badly. I made my son some potato soup for dinner and of course he ate two bites of it. I cannot even tell you how much I wanted to eat the whole thing. But I didn't have any!

Shellsbrood - Snow?!? Wow - I am so jealous. i grew up in Massachusetts but have been living in Southern states for the last 16 years and I really miss the snow.

Nicole - Hope your mom is doing better today.

Lindsey - I know what you mean. I have been consistently eating under my calorie goals each day and one day I met it and I felt so guilty. And, then, of course, the scale went up the next morning so I just *knew* it was all my fault for actually eating all my calories - so silly!

MamaP - How do you drink 120 ounces of water?!?! That's impressive!
  • Shells: Nope. It's an instant variety from Better Oats. It's whole, multigrain oatmeal with flax, quinoa (I think) and oats. If you do a search for Better Oats, it comes up with the website and it has a search engine so you can find out if a grocer near you carries it. It's 99c for 5 packets.

Hi everyone! Unfortunately, I was right. My weigh in shows a .8 gain. I'm not kicking myself too hard. I've been doing well. I keep moving, I'm working out with weights for the first time in YEARS, I know I'm not going over my highest calorie plans, so... I'm not worried. I bounced around 155-156 for a couple of weeks before suddenly dropping to 153, so I guess I'm a bounce/whoosher.
  • Morning Kids!!!!

No change on the scale this morning. My body is trying to settle after losing all of that water this week. I will be 100% on plan today.

Breaky: yogurt w kashi, granola bar, string cheese, apple = 510
    Lunch: huge chicken salad, string cheese, apple = 460
    Snack: baby carrots, string cheese, apple = 190
    Supper: mini chicken pizzas
  • Personals :)
    Pint Size: Good for you knowing how your body reacts!

Asparagus: Glad you're feeling better! What part of MA are you from?

Shells: I'm so glad you like the Braggs! Isn't it great!!!??

Lindsey: Sounds like you did great when you went out! Good for you!

Diana: Your dinner sounds yummers! Glad you and the hubs enjoyed your time out together.

Krampus: Glad you got your anxiously awaited relief! Good for you going for that run! I used to love working out first thing in the morning.
  • Quote: MamaP - How do you drink 120 ounces of water?!?! That's impressive!
    Glad you are feeling better . . . and great job on avoiding the potato soup. I made fried potatoes for my mom on Sunday and it was so difficult not to eat any of them but I knew I had to say no.

As for the water - some days it's harder than others. It helps that I'm a "chugger" not a "sipper." I have a glass I keep on my desk at work that holds 20 ounces and I just keep refilling it. I try to have 3 in by lunch and try to get the other 3 in before quitting time. Sometimes I fall behind - if I'm too busy or get distracted - so I end up filling it, chugging it down and then filling it back up again before I ever leave the breakroom. We have an ice machine and filtered water dispenser in our breakroom so that's nice. Weekends are harder to get my water in because I'm not sitting at a desk all day.
  • Vixson - Western Massachusetts! Haha I can't believe I never noticed that you were from there too. I grew up in Bernardston, Northfield, Greenfield, etc...
  • Quote:
    Little--I'm the same way. I get so guilty going over 1200 calories, even though my weight loss calorie target is between 1600-1900. I'd like to think we're just very committed to our weight loss goals, so we're very conscious of what goes in our mouths. I know I can get a bit too much about it though, so I do need to learn to relax a little. I think my fear is that if I cut myself any slack then I'll start down a slippery slope. I think I need to trust myself more that this is a lifestyle and one day of extra calories won't ruin it all.
    YES, well said! "I think my fear is that if I cut myself any slack then I'll start down a slippery slope."

I slept on it and I feel a bit better now...it was 300 extra calories. Whatever! This morning I was up 0.4# and TOM is finally leaving. So maybe I'll see some more loss this weekend! I'm not too worried about it. I think my hubby felt as bad as I did last night, this morning he told me "don't worry about it Linds, we'll go out and walk tons this weekend and get that extra off!" He knew I was still obviously upset. I think I'm over it now! It's nice to know I'm not the only one!

Thanks!