**~**October Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome**~**

You're on Page 4 of 60
Go to
  • Dallas - long walk! Very nice!!!! I love taking walks on a cool night... It's been so nice here in the evenings and during the day for that matter. 70-75 and sunny. Cool nights...in the 60s probably. Anyways, AWESOME work!!!!
  • Cincimini - You can google calorie calculators. I can't post links yet I guess... but

go to http://health. msn. com/weight-loss/weight-loss-calculator.aspx

MINUS those spaces between "health. and msn" and "msn. com," since I can't post links.

That can help you determine how many cals you can eat at your current activity level, it can even project how much weight you can lose in a given amount of time...kinda interesting!
  • http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/we...alculator.aspx

Ha it worked!
  • Hi Everyone! I hope you have a great weekend!

My weekends tend to be quiet and I do as little as possible. I always hope to be able to sleep late.

We ate at a Chinese buffet tonight. This is not what I had planned for dinner. Normally I eat some veggies, a little rice, and a little noodles. This time I avoided the rice and noodles. I always have a sodium gain after I eat this type of food. It's also TTOM, but I really watched what I ate tonight. Hopefully my weigh in won't be too bad in the morning.

Total Approx 1485 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
    spritz olive oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 cal
    Handful of spinach
    2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
    high fiber English muffin 100 cal
    1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream
    juice 75 calories

Lunch: (320 calories)
    Earth Grains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
    1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
    2 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 30 Calories
    Romaine Lettuce Leaves
    Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Mustard 0 Calories
    Snack Pack of Sliced Apples 40 Calories
    Oikos Yogurt 90 Calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
    Egg drop soup 100 calories
    Chicken 300 calories
    Broccoli 200 calories
    Green Beans 200 Calories

Exercise:
    ~The Firm Super Body Sculpt (lower body portion w/fanny lifter)
    ~TF Fire 45 EZ
  • My eating was absolutely awful today... I don't know what got into me! I started snacking and just COULDN'T stop. Thankfully, the "damage" only came out to about 1900 calories--definitely not OP, but not the end of the world, either.

I'm really frustrated with myself for this, but I *know* tomorrow I'll be back OP- I have yoga class first thing in the morning, and a friend and I are going running later in the day. Still, I don't feel so great about myself at the moment...
  • PlaygroundLove Hi and Welcome! We all have days like that sometimes. We just have to pick ourselves up and face a new day.
  • First of all, thanks to everyone, you ALL made me feel so much better. It's because of you guys that I can keep doing this

Also, you guys helped me avoid the temptation of Halloween candy. As I walked into the grocery store, there was a ton of candy corn there. I wanted some but in the back of my head I remember Vixsin saying that this is the time she has a hard time sticking to her diet at this time. I thought, yeah me too but if she can stick to it so can I.

Ebenz: What is a clif bar? And I am glad it is not just me that can't leave an animal behind. I just nodded to what my sister said but I know that this is one behavior that won't change. If everyone expected someone else to take care of them...well no one would.

Stacy: I even love those Totinos. Lol

Raven: You are really right, not that long ago, I wouldn't care what choices I made. At least now I do and I make an effort.

Cinci: I went for the first time today, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Congrats on the new high for the gym!

Dallas: The salad bar sounded good!

Love: Making pumpkin pies should be fun! I don't like pumpkin pie so at least that is one temptation down for me. Congrats on joining Curves and the weight loss!

Lindsey: What are you going to school for? I'm in the nursing program at my school.

Diana: Chinese buffets are my downfall! I love them.

Playground: Just remember that tomorrow is a new day

So the gym went mostly well. I signed up for the year membership, 578 for me and the kids (gulp) and then wandered around looking at the 4 floors of things to do.

I got pretty intimidated by some of the equipment and felt sure that all the skinny people were staring at me wondering why this fat woman has wandered into their gym! I had one guy absolutely glare at me because I was waiting for the elevator. He made a big deal of the fact that he was using the stairs. Slammed the door behind him as he left. I have arthritis pretty bad in my knees and stairs are hard for me.

Left for a while, went to have lunch. Had chicken teriayki and sushi and then came back for the arthritis water workout.

It was AMAZING!!! I forgot what it was like to be able to move with ease. I had so much fun! There were about 8 people in the class. All of them in their 60s or older. But they were all very nice. I had so much fun! The whole time I was in there I was thinking, wow, this isn't going to be much of a workout. I'm going to have to come back to the regular water aerobics. Then I got out of the water....oh my. I felt every inch of that workout! I drug myself to the shower room and took a long hot shower. I'm stiff and sore at the moment, but can't wait till I go back.

I also decided we are going to start replacing a couple meals a week with vegetarian options. You should have seen the LOOK on my family's face when I told them that!! We started tonight and had bean burritos. I had a low calorie, whole wheat tortilla. It was a very filling dinner. I only had half of mine! Then the kids were all allowed to have muffins for dessert. I got myself some lemon ice gelato with only 80 calories for 1/2 a cup. It was very good!

All in all, I am feeling VERY satisfied and happy with myself. No word yet about the puppy.

B: Pretzels snack pack (very bad choice but out of special K bars and milk)

L: Chicken teriyaki, 2 pieces of sushi, 3 tempura veggies, 3 gyoza

D: 1/2 burrito with refried beans, olives, low fat cheese, no fat sour cream

S1: Lemon Gelato

Only 20 oz of water so far, going to drink another 20 plus am drinking 17 oz of 0 calorie tea

Total calories for the day:
    Might have a snack later

Thanks ladies, I can't even tell you all how much I appreciate you!

Roxanne
  • 10-1-10 check-in

100+ ounces water
    Walking around the local fall festival for 2 hours (didn't eat any of the food - got in line for a funnel cake but immediately thought "you have 5 weeks until the ball, get out of this line." So I did )

Breakfast:
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Protein Shake

Lunch:
    Sliced Roast Beef
    Cream Cheese
    Red Bell pepper

Dinner:
    Pork Loin Chop
    Sauerkraut
    Brussel Sprouts
    2 pieces Russell Stover Chocolates

Approximately 1500 calories. I'm exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open so I'm going to bed. Will catch up on personals tomorrow. Good night all!
  • Diana on a good weigh in tomorrow

PlaygroundLove I have the same issue with snacking once I start I can't stop. But like Diana said we pick ourselves up and start a new day, I've had many new days here lately, you'll be fine

Thanks Roxanne Your family sounds like mine with me trying to make changes. ... I didn't like pumpkin pie either and then my friend had me make it like sweet potato pie so the flavor is the same to me and without all of the extra work and the stringyness, which will make me not eat it at all. It's funny my daughter said I hope you don't plan to make Thanksgiving all healthy 'cause I'm gonna go some where else. LOL ... too funny. Congrats on the gym and the water aerobics, sorry about the soreness. Burrito sounds delicious, yum

Kris great job on the funnel cake ... you know I have never had one ... guess I won't now, but that's a good thing You're gonna see jaws drop in that dress
  • Roxanne Great job of avoiding the Halloween Candy!

Kris I'm proud of you for getting out of the funnel cake line and staying focused on your goal. Great job!

Love When do you start at Curves, today? How often will you go? Do you have a particular "plan". Just tell me all about it. My weigh in went good this morning, especially with it being TTOM. I really did watch my food closely at the Chinese buffet, though.
  • October 2,

2 iced coffee
    PB + 2 bread

Sweet potato Risotto
    squash casserole

Cheez-its
    breadstick

pork tenderloin
    mix veggies
    herb bread

ice cream
    4 cookies ~I baked Graham cracker cookies for Hubby to take to work, which he forgot and left at home . I called and he’s going to run by the house and pick them up. If I bake something for an ‘event’, I tend to eat less, and then they leave the house before I can eat them all.

Total =

Exercise
    Ped = 3,630
    60min yoga

Weight,

I'm wearing socks and slippers, drinking hot coffee instead of iced, and I went around turning off all the ceiling fans this morning. It got down into the 50's last night, today's high is 80*! We don't know what to think about all this cool.

Roxanne, Love the smiley that turns into a bat! Good job on the workout, I'm glad you had a good time. I'm 41, and in a Bible study group with women in their 70-80's. They are the nicest ladies, warm welcoming, and caring; I was nervous at first becasue I'm sure these ladies have socks older than I am, but they accepted me right away! Don't let the jerk get you down! He's clueless. Its not like you want to wear a shirt that annouces you can't take the stairs because you have arthritis, and even if you explained that to the guy, he probably still wouldn't 'get it'.

Playground, Welcome, glad to have you join us

Kris, Good job skipping the funnel cake!

Lindsey, nothing exciting planned here.

Love, I also make punmpkin squares, and muffins but something about the pie tops them. its just the Libby recipe, but Gma made it, Mom made it, and now when I make it now its comfort food.
  • Hello all!!
    I have been around, just haven't posted, its been one of those weeks,
    my weight is still the same 176. its been a little over a week and im getting frustrated.. so what im going to do is really try to eat clean non-processed food this week, at least 90% of the time and make sure im getting plenty water in. i keep reminding myself that if i just keep doing what i am doing then i will see results, but i don't want 2 to 3 months go by and im still maintaining like i have seen a few people on here say has happened to them. i just do not want to waist time when all i have to do is a little tweaking. im staying within my point range i do go over some days but i have 35 extra points a week so that shouldn't be the problem..... well i guess we will just see how this goes.
  • Good morning all~

I got on the scale and it's down 1.4lbs. Still not down to my low but at least it finally moved! Well, it has been moving...but in the wrong direction till today

There are no water exercise classes today at the Y. I want to go to the Weekend Step one but it might be a bit much for me...and I am a tad bit, umm nervous about it. I'm a big lady and working out around a bunch of skinny ladies makes me feel super self conscious. Especially since I am uncoordinated and its hard for me to do a lot of things because of my arthritis.

Ok, I'm going to go, wish me luck. Got to dash cause I won't make it if I don't get moving now.

I'll report back later

Roxanne
  • roxannestags The water aerobics sounded fun. I took step aerobics when I went to the gym. I am not coordinated, so I stayed at the back of the class in case I fell. I never did fall and I had a great time. You can always modify by doing the same steps on the floor instead of using the step. Have fun!
  • Nicole Hi It's nice to see you again.

Penguin Hi