First Post

• Hi there,

I just wanted to say hello since I have been checking your boards for a few weeks and I finally decided to say Hi. I love the support that you all give one another. I think it is fantastic and I hope you don't mind another person jumping in.

I am not new to Atkins at all. Six years ago I easily reached my goal weight but was thrown plan because of a move across country and mostly because I never really learned about pre Maintenance/ Maintenace. It was induction all the way! Sheesh. This time around I am making my way up the rungs and preparing for every possible side track in advance. I am on rung 3 now, but flirting with rung 4.

I love your Christmas challenge. I think I will check that out.
  • Hello Girlygirl and Welcome feel free to jump in any time and please do join the Christmas challenge , you will find alot of support here.
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome!

Wow...induction all the way...at least you know you CAN do it

I actually have to review the Carb Ladder. I'm in Induction now and will be for a long time but I'll need to get out of it eventually and start my way up that carb ladder.
  • Yes, it isn't bad to stay on extended induction for some time, but I cannot encourage you enough to begin moving up the OWL rung later. It takes a long time to really get to know your body and what food you can tolerate and which ones you can't.

Thanks for the welcomes. It is good to be here.
  • Welcome, Girly!
    I'm glad you decided to post with us. We're fortunate to have really supportive, caring people on our message boards...smart and funny too! What's not to love?
  • Hi Girly!
    Best wishes on reaching your goals

Judy
  • Quote: I'm glad you decided to post with us. We're fortunate to have really supportive, caring people on our message boards...smart and funny too! What's not to love?
    I would love to join the Christmas Challenge. How might I sign up for it?
  • I'm new in this part of the forum as well, I've never posted here It looks like a good group, I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay!
  • A big Welcome to all