Vacation NSVs

• Hi all,

I felt like I needed to post something to remind myself to stay on track. I was on vacation last week, after weighing in with 49 pounds lost. I was determined to power through, no matter what temptations were there. I kept that mantra in my head, and I did pretty well.

We were at the beach, which meant lots of swimming and beach walks. I also kept up my C25K program and ran three times on the sidewalk outside our beach house.

For my birthday on Wednesday, I allowed myself a treat (NOT a cheat) of whatever dessert I wanted at the restaurant we went to. They had homemade key lime pie, and I enjoyed every bite and then counted every calorie. Over the course of the week, I ate a bit more than I usually do, but I was also more active, and I never regretted one single bite I put in my mouth (which is a NSV in and of itself for me with all my emotional eating issues).

We came back on Saturday, and I am giving myself this week to let my body normalize and get back on track, and I will WI next Saturday morning. For the first time ever in my life after a vacation I feel in control of my food and also like I'm going to have a positive result on the scale and finally crack that 50 pound barrier!
  • That's wonderful, and a HUGE step forward! Being in control when we're out of our norm is a big challenge, and you've faced it and beat it. Congratulations!
  • Yey!!
  • Fantastic! You should be so proud of yourself!
  • Congrats!!
  • What does NSV stand for? Being good on vacation is quite the accomplishment.
  • NSV = Non-Scale Victory.

Thanks, everyone!!!
  • Good job!
  • congrats!