I P Weekend Chat, September 25-26, 2010

You're on Page 10 of 10
Go to
  • Quote: I was looking at sugar free jello in the little containers at the store. They only have 10 calories per little cup and 0 carbs. Does anyone know why 1 or 2 a day of those would be a problem to eat?
    You left out crucial information. WHAT is the artificial sweetener?
  • Quote: Scale hasn't budged all week. Eating protocol, no slips. Cleaned out my closet and have a bag of clothes to give away, still feeling a bit disappointed. Tell myself I shouldn't...just coming off of a 9lb weight loss for the last 2 weeks and body needs time to adjust. All in all, I have been on the diet 70 days and lost 39 lbs which is a phenomenol success! Can't expect big losses every week. It is amazing how we set our selves up for failure! Really??? losing over 1/2 lb per day isn't good enough? How crazy is that thinking. Need to remind myself that just over 2 months ago I was wearing 20W-22W and now in a solid 16 misses! How long ago has that been? I will stick to plan, weigh in tomorrow and look for success next week. Perhaps I should not measure success by the scale but rather by sticking to plan!
    Lilblackdress:First of all, congratulations! You are doing fabulously well. What other program would give you such a weight loss as 20 pounds per month, and at the end have a system that will help you keep it off? I bet you look terrific, too.

If it's any help, I started the program at approximately the same time, and I am stuck at a 20 pound loss. It feels like weeks! I am asking myself if my body/mind has a reason to hang on here - it sure seems stubborn. However, we see the evidence everywhere on this board that people have breakthroughs and get to their goals, even if it takes a little longer.

In the meantime, you are one of the people who keeps the average weight loss high, so be kind to yourself if your body takes a rest from all that calorie burning for a few days. Good luck!
    Crystal
  • Just one question for somebody. What is NSV? Thanks!
  • Quote: Just one question for somebody. What is NSV? Thanks!
    NSV=Non Scale Victory
  • Quote: Had to share... after a way-off-track weekend last weekend celebrating DH's 30th, I got strict... welcome back, ketosis... and lost enough (7.4) to hit my 50 lbs this week! 50 POUNDS!!! 11 weeks is what that took. AH!!! So excited today! (I'm not quite 1/3 of the way to my goal, but I've never stuck with any diet over 25 lbs of loss, so YES, I can do it!!)
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm so happy for you! We have almost the exact same amount of lbs to lose, it's so encouraging to hear of your great results. I'm done 8 weeks so far so hope to reach that 50 mark by my 11th week too
    Thanks so much and keep up the Great work!
  • Are we allowed green and black olives? My instinct on this is no but need the 'veterans' help with as to why. Thanks in advance
  • I know it is a small victory, but I made it through the first day on IP!! I was amazed at how full I felt and actually how much I was able to eat on the plan. Looking forward to tomorrow!!
  • Quote: I know it is a small victory, but I made it through the first day on IP!! I was amazed at how full I felt and actually how much I was able to eat on the plan. Looking forward to tomorrow!!
    I am enjoying loosing weight on this plan!!
  • Pegsi, in reply to your signature... YOU are also your best ally! Stay positive!
  • [QUOTE=MotherDuckMJ;3496585]I was looking at sugar free jello in the little containers at the store. They only have 10 calories per little cup and 0 carbs. Does anyone know why 1 or 2 a day of those would be a problem to eat?QUOTE]

Beware... The sugar free jello has maltodextrin which can knock you of ketosis. My coach does allow me sugar free jello, but I am careful not to have more than a couple 1/2 cup servings per week. That has not impacted my loss much so I am ok with the risk. I would imagine that a couple servings a day would impact ketosis.
  • Hey y'all! It is so nice to see so many new people since I've been out for a bit! Looks like so many of you are having really great results and fast...congrats!!
    I have discovered that Jackie must be a techy as she has all the neat links in her posts...maybe she could give me some tips...hehe!
    Well, I just wanted to say...HI!!! And...I'm back in the game!! WOOHOO!!
    :cheer1: :cheer1: :cheer1: :cheer1:

Quote: Hi all,

I'm guessing this would qualify as a NSV...I was letting my dogs out tonight and two of the neighbor men were across the street talking and one yelled over "how much weight have you lost?" and I said 49 lbs. The reply came back, "Well, you look great" to which I replied, "Well, I feel great...but I'm not finished yet"...and then the other voice from across the street said "Well, you're going to be a Cougar". Made me laugh...I'm probably more of a kitty-cat! It felt wonderful tho.

Marilyn
    That sounds awesome!! WHEW WEE!!!

Quote: Good morning! I need a little advice on the Big "C". My girlfriend and I started IP on 8/24/10 and we both have been experiencing it. I have increased my water and have been taking Novalax but it still has been a problem for me. My friend called me last night and asked me to ask you wonderful ladies for help. I know that it is very important to take care of this for our weight loss. HELP!!!
    Sometimes coffee or tea is all it takes to help me out. I generally have this issue anyway and this is what I have always done...LOL!! I used to eat chinese and it would help, but alas, chinese is no longer in my meal planning.

[QUOTE=rosemary2612;3495944]
    Quote:
    I'm having the opposite problem this weekend. Bored with my food choices and not eating all I'm supposed to and took a day off of my vitamins for no apparent reason. Also short on my water a bit. So tom. I commit to being much much better!

I often have this issue, getting bored with the choices I have available as I am not a cook and wouldn't know how to configure some of those wonderful sounding recipees if my life depended on it! If I want to shake it up, I have asparagus...LOL I never liked it before so am not used to liking it, so I forget I like it and then all the sudden I'm shopping in the veggie section and it jumps out at me.

I'm done a couple more pounds, yay! I was so much more comfortable in the pews at church today. I could cross my legs and kneel on one knee, haven't been able to do that in a while. I still have so far to go that I get to feeling sorry for myself sometime, but I am determined to take this to the end and I'm so grateful to have this place to check in with all of you!

I love it when I can fit in the booths when I go out to eat and not worry about my tummy rubbing on the table where someone gross may have been rubbing on also...yes, I'm a germaphobe...LOL!!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
    Hi Motherduck!

I had a lot to lose when I started (no pun intended). My doctor said that I was the sickest person, with the most weight to lose, that she had ever signed up for this diet. I wore that as a badge. I was determined to prove to her that I could do it. And I HAVE! I have never eaten one thing off of protocol, even if I want everything I see at the grocery store. I have had extra protein drinks when I absolutely think I have to eat. I just go with the belief that all I have to do is follow the guidelienes and the weight will take care of itself. My health issues are resolving themselves (insulin dependent diabetic) and my blood pressure is down. I spent 20 years as a bulimic and when I recovered from that the food was still an issue. I kept on gaining without success at any diet I would try. This is the first time in many years that i feel free. It scares me to death to think about going off of Phase one, but with the help of all of you, in about 50 pounds, I will be able to do it. It is not about the weight for us - it is so we find peace and contentment with our lives. You can do this one day at a time with the help of the beautiful people on this board and the belief in your self. I don't post alot - usually if I really have something to say, and I guess today was the day. I love and believe in all of you! I hope no one thinks I am bragging because I am not like that, but I am living proof that this diet works and we can do this.
    It sounds like you have iron will...maybe you can pass it along to the rest of us...hehehe!! I can only imagine how proud of yourself you are and I am happy for you. You are so close to 100!!!

Quote: Scale hasn't budged all week. Eating protocol, no slips. Cleaned out my closet and have a bag of clothes to give away, still feeling a bit disappointed. Tell myself I shouldn't...just coming off of a 9lb weight loss for the last 2 weeks and body needs time to adjust. All in all, I have been on the diet 70 days and lost 39 lbs which is a phenomenol success! Can't expect big losses every week. It is amazing how we set our selves up for failure! Really??? losing over 1/2 lb per day isn't good enough? How crazy is that thinking. Need to remind myself that just over 2 months ago I was wearing 20W-22W and now in a solid 16 misses! How long ago has that been? I will stick to plan, weigh in tomorrow and look for success next week. Perhaps I should not measure success by the scale but rather by sticking to plan!
    Getting rid of the old clothes was so fun for me on one hand but was also a little scary as I have always had to go back to them in the past. It sure has been fun getting new ones though, I think I have actually gone a little crazy and it doesn't help that Old Navy and Vanity keep calling my name, even in my sleep I dream of them!!

Quote: That is amazing! Great job! I am 7 1/2 weeks in and down 28 pounds and really excited for that first 50!! Congrats!
    Wow!! Way to go! You'll hit that 50 before you know it!

Quote: I hope I am doing this correctly -- today is my first day on IP. I have been looking forward to it for about six weeks. Enjoy reading everybody's posts and look forward to the encouragement to keep going!
    You must be a quick study...it showed up! I can't wait to hear how you come along.

Quote: Thanks Jackie-I did look up the 2 you mentioned and they both contain sucralose- although it was one of the last ingredients mentioned...

It's so funny to see my body 'reshaping' itself...more lumps/bumps/rolls/ but smaller size!! My curves have curves!-lol
    I have started to enjoy seeing bumps in some places I couldn't even bare to look at before. I told my trainer at the gym that he needs to help me get some man arms so it will stretch out the loose skin I'll have from my arms. They are coming along nicely until I lift them up.

Quote: Good job everyone...no cheats here...14 days not a single cheat and down 13 pounds
    Way to go...a lb. a day just about! Keep it up!!
  • This thread is closed but do read the posts that you've missed.
  • It's MONDAY
    The new daily thread is open. Come continue the chat there.

To keep things simple, let's try and post in the Monday chat

To respond to a post in this thread: Multi-quote and reply in the Monday Daily Chat

This thread will close later today (Monday 27 September) some hours after this message is posted.
  • Quote: BevS: I have the same neck issue, and I do think it's getting better, however, I looked into a non-plastic surgery way to get it taken care of -- it's called the Titan Laser -- decided I was going to wait until 5 months after I get to my goal weight then look at it again, to see if anything has 'tightened' up on its own.
    I've done some research on the Titan laser and have mixed feelings. It doesn't seem to help women in their 50's or older much and can cause painful burns when it isn't working properly. Apparently, this can happen even with experienced doctors.