New Here

• Hi, I am new here and really did not want to do this but really felt led to. I am scared of the accountability as in the past when doing WW I would go weigh in then go binge and then skip weeks etc then give up. I don't want to give up anymore. Although I am not doing WW I am eating when I hungry and stopping when I have had enough. I do not want to binge eat anymore. My hope is with the support here and the amazing testimonies it will help keep me encouraged instead of always trying to do it bymyself. On a positive note I did give up the laxitive addiction years ago. I want to beat this once and for all and not have the food control my life anymore.
    Another positive I really do like exercise and have exercised while losing weight and while gaining also (talk about insanity). I no longer use exercise to control the food I ate but I do it just for fun and to keep strong.
    Thanks for listening and I look forward to the little scale icon going down once and for all. So many posts I have read here are such amazing inspiring stories. Thank you!
  • on another note how do you get those cute little scale things on your profile or to post when you post
  • ASHLEY ~ I think you have to be a member for 20 days and 20 posts before you can get a ticker (scale) and send & receive PRIVATE MESSAGES ... so post a lot and come back regularly too! Maybe just eat a balanced, healthy plan, in moderation (when you are hungry only), and you should see some release of excess weight. Doing this can help you not feel deprived, which will prevent binging. Eat lots of veggies & salads & soup to fill you up; plus some fruit, some dairy, good fats, lean meats, and some healthy treats like yogurt, cheese, nuts (in moderation), etc. This would make a good start -- one step at a time, one day at a time.

I'm doing a similar portion plan -- three healthy meals, plus 2-3 small snacks when and if I am hungry. We had homemade veggie-bean soup with a wg sandwich for lunch today. I had a egg muffinwich for breakfast; and for dinner, we are having pita pizzas. I made some banana loaves for our snacks today too.
  • Welcome Ashley!I got to go feed the animals and get ready for Hubbies Birthday party in the morning. Wanted to welcome you and let you know you are more than welcome to come join Rosebud, Jenny and I in Value Your Body, God does. Also the Christian Encourager's September thread. See ya later!
  • thank you for the welcome, where and how do I find the group you mentioned would love to join
  • Good morning! How are you doing? I think I saw you post in our other thread, but haven't run across you again. Just thought I'd check in. Hope you're well. Blessings! ~Jenny
  • Welcome!
    Hi, Ashley, I'm new here too but just wanted to greet you and help you feel welcome! It's wonderful that you enjoy exercising; I'm not there yet but I hope to be someday!