Taking CARE of myself again....

• Hello, my name is Care and I've decided if I post my introduction here, then it's Official and that my decision to "take better care of Care" will make it harder for me to make those excuses to "start tomorrow". I am 62 years old, have raised my 9 kids (yes I said 9 ) to the point where they are out on their own (and I still have a remnant of my sanity left). For the past 3+ years, I have been in a committed relationship with a wonderful man who loves me just the way I am. Which is great, but I haven't loved me just the way I am because I've gained back some of the weight I lost 10 years ago. I had lost 55 pounds on Weight Watchers and now for the past 5 years, have gained and lost, gained and lost, gained and lost about 30 pounds of it. I keep telling myself "Well at least you didn't gain it all back" and while that's something I'm happy about, it's a sorry excuse for not eating in a healthy way. I didn't reach my goal even though I lost 55 pounds but I was feeling sooooooo much healthier and had so much more energy.

Let's face it, at my age, I'm not so much concerned about how good I look in a bikini anymore, but I AM concerned about the aches and pains of the arthritis that plagues my entire body 24-7 and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if I take some of the stress off of my frame, there is a great chance I'll feel better and THAT is my goal.

So today when I got up and faced the mountain of tomatoes in the kitchen screaming to be transformed into salsa, it felt like the right day to begin MY transformation into a healthier woman, a woman who has chosen to view this NOT as a punishment somehow that **sigh** "I have to start a diet" ....but as a woman who has taken care of others all my life instead of taking care of Care in a way that will help me live a longer and healthier life. I'm giving myself a gift today.......because I deserve it. I deserve to be healthy and I deserve to have energy and I deserve to feel good about myself. So this morning I'm "turning myself in" to this community of others who have chosen to live a healthier lifestyle because I know that support from others, while that alone cannot do the work, certainly is a boost.

And now..........I must go make some salsa; my last batch of the season, thank God, since I've already done tons of the stuff. But when you have as many kids as I do and they all love Mom's Salsa and take jars and jars of it home each time they visit, well, you get the idea.

It feels good to be here where I belong and I look forward to the journey.

Care
  • Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Good luck, Care. You made a good choice!
  • Hi care.. and welcome. I wish you well on your journey to a healthier lifestyle. We'll be here for you, to support you in any way we can. I just started here myself, my youngest left for college and I understand exactly where you are. Good luck to you.
  • Hi Care! to 3FC!
    I know exactly what you mean about the salsa I raised 4 boys and a girl (last one in college) and I am FOREVER making fresh salsa lol. I think the daughter has it running through her veins. I make mine extremly HOT
    Best wishes on your weight loss journey
    -Judy
  • Wow. YOU're the reason why I came back to this site. You're story is truly inspirational even though you're in the beginning stages. I hope to hear about your transformation through updates and stuff. Also: ~!~
  • Hi Care,

Welcome....I too am new here with the just feel better on my mind. I wish you well in your choice and hope to see you around.....