Milk Diet?

• Sorry I posted this ask in another area but I should have posted it here..... anyway I'm a milk fiend! Skim milk is my favorite drink... I could honestly drink it ice cold all day................ anyone heard or try the "Milk Diet"? I'd love to hear feedback

Thanks
  • Well, there are a few "milk diet" plans out there. There's one where you only drink milk, and don't eat anything else. I'd consider that pretty risky, because while milk can be a healthy part of your diet, it isn't able to provide nearly all of the nutrients you need (vitamins, minerals, etc).

There is plenty of room, though, for milk as a snack or supplement to meals, in a healthy eating plan (so long as you account for the calories it contains). Milk has great protein, calcium, and is often touted as a good post-workout recovery snack because of its nutrient profile.

So milk? Yes! Just not replacing all other forms of nutrition. You might try replacing your snacks with a glass of milk, or a glass of milk and a bit of fruit.
  • I am confused about dairy in a diet to lose weight. I know everyone is different, but on the one hand they say it is a good fat but then on the other hand you hear people say cut it out and gluten and you will be healthy and just drop weight. what's the deal?
  • I personally don't eat any dairy. Milk tends to bloat you which is why people will tend to lose water weight when they drop dairy. Also, many people are lactose intolerant. There is nothing magical about milk or dairy though.
  • A lot of people who cut out gluten and dairy do it because they have to. They are very common food allergies.

My grandma can't handle dairy, my mom can't handle dairy or wheat, and I just can't handle gluten. That's why so many people eat this way.