Phase 2 acceptable yogurt brands (flavored)

• Okay, I've searched through the stickies and haven't found an answer, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

Does anyone have any specific brands of flavored yogurts that are SBD friendly? From what I've read artificially flavored yogurts are okay in moderation, but I'm just not sure how to figure out what is okay and what is not. I used to be a big fan of the Yoplait light Key lime pie.

Any advice would be appreciated! I've also been eyeing the Jello temptations SF puddings. Any one tried those and are they okay?

Thanks!!!
  • The SB food list just says "Yogurt-light, fruit-flavored, plain, low-fat or fat-free"
    I like Dannon Light & Fit, and Dannon Activia Light, also Blue Bunny Lite 85 with Splenda (Walmart, Target).
  • Here is the current dairy guidelines:

DAIRY
    (2-3 cups allowed daily, including yogurt)
    Yogurt - artificially sweetened non-fat flavored yogurt (limit to 4 ounces daily and avoid varieties that contain high fructose corn syrup)

A lot of the flavored yogurt contain added food starches, sometimes corn starch. The Activia Light has added fructose in the ingredients so I wouldn't use it. The Greek yogurts have more protein and a lower carb count, but I haven't seen any flavored ones that are sugar free.
  • Instead of trying to find a flavored brand I just buy plain FF greek yogurt and add a little splenda and flavoring like vanilla or any extract you like.
  • Quote: Instead of trying to find a flavored brand I just buy plain FF greek yogurt and add a little splenda and flavoring like vanilla or any extract you like.
    I saw someone else say that they use the plain greek yogurt and mix in a tablespoon or so of peanut butter w/ some splenda and use it to dip apples in. I tried it and it is phenomenal!!!
  • Thanks for the suggestions, folks
  • My favorite is greek yogurt with blueberries, almond slices, and a little bit of splenda--so good! Also try a touch of cinnamon, minus the blueberries.