What can you do NOW that you couldnt when you started your journey?

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Ive been thinking about all the positive changes I have made since starting this journey and to be honest Im pretty darn proud of myself because I never thought that Id be into working out PERIOD! It has taken me a little long to make goal since its been a lot harder for me to get the diet end of things under control, however Im still proud that I havent given up.

For starters I can do the elliptical machine for 90mins and when I started I couldnt last ten minutes. I can also take step class with one level up on the step and the class is 60mins. Above all I have been working out consistantly for over a year. 7/17/09 was the exact date I joined the gym and have been working out since and to be honest Ive developed a love for working out and I never knew it was there. I feel so good after I work out and I know this journey can do nothing but get better.
  • I can run for miles without stopping.
  • I can walk up my stairs with arm fulls of groceries without getting winded and dizzy.
  • Okay, joined the gym roughly 4 years ago..couldn't do SPIN longer than 5 min...now I'm there for whole hour;can do elliptical for like forever; I can jog for 5 min straight before having to walk; I can do inclines on the treadmill of 10-20% at a speed of 3.0-3.1 (these are part of my Cardio Coach Interval Training and only done for 1-2 min at a time).
  • I can CROSS MY LEGS!!

And I can run a mile in 10 mins (6mph pace) (though, I have to push myself pretty hard). I can run at a 5 mph pace for 30 mins without stopping.

I can go up stairs easily.
  • I can walk/jog 2 miles in 31 minutes! I never knew I could jog...but I have started to add it to my daily routine.
  • I can bend over and tie my shoes AND still breathe!

I can actually RUN now- it's AMAZING!
  • I can play with my kids without huffing and puffing.
  • I can also do a cycling class for 30mins without feeling like im going to DIE
  • I can get on the floor and play with my kids much more easily, I can climb on playground structures and go down slides and sit on swings without worry....I can do much more housework without getting tired (I don't know if that's a good one or not ).
  • LOL I still can't last more than 10 mins on the elliptical (aka El Diablo)!!

I can cross my legs. I can buy "normal" clothes, stuff that I *like* not just stuff that happens to fit.
  • I can do SOOO many things now. I cannot begin to list. The most notable is being able to run several miles at a time.
  • I can:
    Go up a flight or two of stairs with ease.

Enjoy buying clothes a little more as I'm no longer at the top end of the plus sizes.
  • I can run for half a mile non-stop and before I couldn't even walk for 30 minutes at a 3.5 mph pace without huffing and puffing!

I can bend down and touch my toes without my fat belly getting in the way- I cant wait till I can put my hands flat on the floor!

I can turn down sweets with conviction now! Before I would just give in and not give it a second thought!
  • One I didn't expect - wear high heels again. I hadn't put it together in my head that the reason heels hurt so much was the extra weight until someone listed "wearing high heels" as something they were looking forward to. I've been having to buy new shoes because even my feet shrank, and every new pair has 2-3 inch heel. I know not towering as far as fashion standards go, but feels amazing to me (and I think my feet would hurt if I went any higher).