Little Things ~ Positive Things

• It feels good to be back in the swing and so I'm reading threads and thinking about the past weekend and counting my positives. I was thinking of the little things that make the difference and thought I'd start a thread for everyone to post the little things that add up to make a difference.

a few of mine are ~

parking farther away from the store entrance

buying a pack of tiny (2x2 inch) food containers so I don't "just eat those few bites" because they look like nothing in a big container

keeping the water/tea pitcher at my workstation so It's right at hand to refill my glass

purging at least one thing a day (donation/ebay) making my home lighter as I make my body lighter

What are your little things?
  • *Taking the stairs at work instead of the elevator.

*Keeping my water glass on my desk full until I leave for the day.
  • I gave up soda - except for 1 can at lunch.

drinking at least 100 oz of water a day (and going to the bathroom a lot! LOL)

passing on the birthday cake...but not the celebration

I still let myself indulge in a couple drinks now and then so I don't "fall off the wagon"

I go to the gym 4-6 times a week (before it was 4-6 times a year!)

I feel so much better about myself and just better physically because of all of these things. Totally worth it!!
  • Getting rid of clothes when they don't fit anymore. The closet purging has been very beneficial.

Dressing in a more professional manner for work, jeans only once a week instead of daily.

A slip up is not the end of the road, just a minor detour.
  • Drink a 6oz cup of water every time I go into the restroom.

Eat a fruit or veggie at each meal - choosing those first for snacks.

Completing a stretching routine daily after lunch time. <-----Can't TELL you how much this had benefited my whole body.
  • -- Drinking more water
    -- Focusing on filling meals so I can cut out the snacks
    -- Giving up those huge chunks of bread I had for every meal!
  • Keeping a picture of myself at my heaviest taped to the wall in my closet. I then take pics every week and compare them to show me how far I have truly come.

Listening to upbeat music when I am bummed instead of automatically heading for the fridge.

Starting off the day telling myself that I do not have to be perfect-just do my best.

Journaling about my weight loss journey.
  • -Eating more fiber and whole wheat foods
    -Eating more fruits and veggies
    -Walking to work
    -Tracking everything I eat
    -Drinking at least 6 glasses of water a day
    -Writing in my journal
    -Posting on this site