LesBiAlternachicks and Friends

You're on Page 7 of 12
Go to
  • Good for Soozie and good for YOU Virginia! Five and six days at the gym! wow!
    Hey, I've given myself a minimum thingy (god, where's my vocabulary?) of 5 minutes running on the treadmill, and today I did 15 minutes without stopping! (goal? No.... deadline... no... geez...)

MrsM, how did your checkup go?

Got my period. Damn.
    xoxo hugs girls
  • GO Ellis...GO Virginia...Sounds great!!!!
    you go you girlies!!!
    Love, Sooz
  • WOW!!!! You women are doing so well!!! I am just trying to reign in the overeating right now. I have been feeling REALLY out of control. HEY!! At least when the kids brought out the fritos I came up here and got on-line instead! For me (lately) that is a MAJOR victory.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
  • Den, THAT'S GREAT!!! I know what a huge hurdle that is.
    It's all the little things that add up. You go girl!!!
    xo
  • ....well, later on I ate some pretzels, but at least they're lower in fat than Fritos!!!
  • Every little bit helps Dent.
    Ellis I started mine too, Double Damn!
    Virginia
  • I just got mine too! I KNEW we PMS'd together!
    Is it just me, or does PMS get worse as you get older? Mine is down right scary anymore! I am evil personified! But as soon as I get my period, I'm cheerful and back to my usual ic self!
    I'm probably just so glad I'm not pregnant with a change of life baby!!
  • My sentiments EXACTLY, Kat!! I seem to have a nervous breakdown just before my period (thank you; Den, for recognizing the pattern ), and then I'm fine. (well, as fine as can be expected when you're bleeding like a stuck pig)
    But you're right... I can't think of anything worse than being pregnant at this time in my life!
  • Whaaaahhhhh! I feel so left out! I miss having my period and PMS as an excuse for *****iness.
    JUST KIDDING!
  • BTW, there's an article in the NY Times on menopause if anyone is interested...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/10/he...odaysheadlines
  • Oh, Ruth... you poor thing you. I can't wait to be in YOUR shoes!
  • Well, today is my free day with BODY FOR LIFE! I had bacon and pancakes for breakfast and I am going to have something really good for lunch, not sure yet. No gym today! Unless Pam wants to start back tonight and I will go just so she does not overdo it. She tends to push herself too hard and she does not need to have another gall bladder/kidney attack. They are not sure! DIfeerent symptons, she had an ultra sound done last week and is waiting for the results to come back.
    Chat later!
    Virginia
  • YEAH RUTH!!!!!

I'd rather join YOUR club!!!!!

Didn't really mind my period until it went whacko a year ago. Somehow when it is a 3 week long, gushing blood event the fun just isn't there any more!!!!
    (It has now been medicated into submission.)
  • All this talk about Menopause. I won't have that pleasure for quite sometime. But I think I am looking forward to it. I hate my period. And Ruthxxx - PMS my be a good excuse but I don't think we need an excuse to be *****y. I think we should just be if we feel like it.

Virginia - Good luck on the Body For Life thing!

Congrats on the loss Dr. Soozie! (any more wonderful poem posts hiding in you??) Have fun on vacation!!!

squeak
  • Did you all miss me?
    Sorry I haven't been here for a week. The computer was down. We ended up having to buy a new monitor. And as I'm typing, the space bar doesn't want to work. You really have to hit it a few times to get it to work.
    I see that you all are doing very well with your eating and exercising. Wish that I could say the same. And not being able to to follow the things that I know I can and should be doing is making me depressed. Christmas and New Years is fast approaching and I want to be able to wear a slinky, sexy dress. But I won't be able to if I keep this up.
    So today I've marked the day as my turning point. Today is the day were I start over again. And I'll need all the support I can get.

Oh, and Friday is when I go for my operation to get my wisdom teeth removed. Getting a bit scared as the date gets closer.

It's been very mild here the past few days. Yesterday we actually got a thunderstorm! I'll take the rain over snow anyday!

Well, I guess I'd better get going and my laundry ready and get some breakfast.
    Today is cleaning day at my f/t job! From 1-4. Then I have to work at 5:30.

If I don't get a chance to talk to you later today, I'll talk to you all in the morning.

Take care

Kelly