NSV Horse Riding

• Howdy,
    The children (3) and I resumed our horse back riding for the year today. We stopped during the Texas summer. Even though it was 95 out, I rode like my trim kids in that I wasn't perspiring profusely. It was also so great not carrying around almost 60#. This time last year when I started riding, I was so heavy. It was difficult moving my body as well plus doing new a new activity. Today, I knew what to do (still working on cantering) but so much easier to grab onto the horse with my legs being lighter.

Best part, my instructor, who looks trim to me, kept asking me what and how I did it. She hadn't seen me in a few months. I happily answered her question of , "How much do you weigh?' She is worried about the impact of sugar and carbs on her health because of medical shows she has seen. So I am sending her links of what I know. So many good people are being helped because of my weight loss. I lost my weight in large part because of the excellent insights I have gained at 3FC. We always give the horses a couple of baby carrots after the ride.

Gratis friends
  • Karen - that is so encouraging! Taking riding lessons is one of my rewards (I think once I've lost about 100 lbs!). Nice to hear of someone who's enjoying it so much! Congrats!
  • I too want to get back on a horse more consistently when I'm down more. How awesome for you! Congrats!!!
  • Riding is just the bestest feeling in the world. I cannot believe how far I've come from when I started riding again and was so heavy.

My riding coach has also been a fitness mentor of sorts for me. It's nice having someone who understands the type of fitness required for good horsemanship.
  • That is awesome Karen! Good for you. Bet the kids love it too!

One, (of the many) turning points for me was when we went and stayed at a "dude ranch" with some friends. Everyone went on a trail ride but I couldn't. I had to sit out because I far exceeded the weight limit for the poor creature.
  • Yay Karen!
    I also very much understand. When I lost weight (one of the "other" times) my reward was horse riding lessons as well.
    Giddyup!!