IP Daily Chat - Thursday 9/09/2010

You're on Page 6 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: I weigh everyday...and my scale is in line with my coaches...so i jumped on today and I have officially lost 40 LBS!!! in 6 weeks and 2 days...I still can't believe it.
    Quote: Big news, I got a great gift for my birthday! I got on the scale this morning and I broke the 300 pound barrier, I'm at 299.9!! That's 16 pounds lost in 13 days! I can bend in half better, yes it's true my stomach was becoming like a rounded board that threatened to never let me bend over again, I can sit comfortably in a chair and on a couch again, my two rolls are becoming more defined (for a while there was just one big roll, no Salesgod not a tootsie roll more like a 20 pound sack of potatoes roll.)
    Congratulations to both of you!!! You're doing great!!

Quote: Wow! And I thought talking about goats and chickens might be TMI...
    Ah, well . . . we're all friends here! Sometimes a woman's just gotta vent a little.

Quote: My my it feels good to have my pant-legs loose around my legs, instead of feeling like they are stuffed with sausage-me.

We are each responsible for our own behavior and attitude, and I have decided to drop my attitude about my "coach", even though she has never tasted one of the IP foods, and most certainly has not been through the program, or ever needed such a program.
    It's really helpful to see that my situation is not an isolated one, but that there are other ways to obtain guidance and positive reinforcement.

The best part is that the inner tube that was developing around my midriff is melting away. The fat there and around my belly really feel kind of like ice in spring, when it still looks like ice but is getting eroded from inside and doesn't have as much structure - then one day- pouff! It's gone. Looking forward to the day.
    I agree with you - I'll try hard to follow your example and drop the sour feelings I have about my coach. He's been through the program, losing around a hundred pounds, so he's been in my shoes. I'm so sensitive to criticism that I let his comments hurt my poor little feelings. But really, he's only trying to help me.

Quote: No one can fake fitting into a smaller size. You just can't put 20lbs of potatoes in a 10lb sack. I'm not faking.

So weird. I just don't know what to do with myself. I guess I will just weigh in and move on. In the long run I don't want to be a thin person that still sees a fat person. I want to love my body.
    Isn't it strange how we sometimes sabotage ourselves? Personally, I couldn't grasp the thought that I was 236 pounds - pictures were wrong, the angle was off, it was just a bad day or the wrong outfit. That couldn't really be me . . . But now, you and I have taken the first steps to rediscovering ourselves - finding out who we are again. I've found that it really helps me to keep a journal - when my brain gets all muddled up, taking a half hour to just write my thoughts down, no matter what they are, helps me sort out the bad and focus on the good. Take a deep breath and just be.

Quote: I've lost over 100 pounds since I've been on IP (I started in April). There are times when I've felt like I wasn't losing, or didn't notice a change in inches, or whatever. But when you're not carrying around an extra 100 lbs., people notice. Everyone around me notices. One of the guys I work with was skeptical at first when I started IP. Now he's said, more than once, that the difference is "night and day." When I run into neighbors and friends, they all say the same thing: "You've lost a lot (a ton, a bunch) of weight. How?"

I don't always feel it, but the change is there in little ways. I can shop in regular stores now, instead of heading into the Big & Tall and feeling like a fat a**. The steering wheel in my Mom's car doesn't rest on my legs anymore (because my legs are smaller). When I look in the mirror, my face looks different, and my body does too. When I'm out in public, people don't look at me the same way they used to. I'm still overweight (I have 55-60 lbs. left to lose), but I'm not the morbidly overweight guy I used to be. My feet don't hurt from carrying 2.5 bags of softener salt around with me every minute of every hour of every day.

My point is this. I know how to get fat. I've been successful at that for many years. It's not difficult. It's quick and easy and happens one french fry and one double cheeseburger at a time. But I've also learned how to lose fat. And it happens one salad at a time, with the added benefit of finding healthier, more creative ways to eat. If someone had suggested I try shiritaki noodles a year ago, I would have mocked them. Same goes for WF dressings and syrups. Guys don't eat that crap. Guys eat raw meat and scratch themselves in public. It's what we do.

When it comes to managing the protocol and the cheats (and I know it's off the topic of what you posted), I am NOT tempted to be an unhealthy fat a** ever again. I don't like that guy. That's not the guy I want to see in the mirror. I don't want to be the guy that people stare at, or the guy who is out of breath after climbing a few stairs. I'm more afraid of being that guy again than I am of what the scale is going to read this week or next week or the week after, because I've proved that IP works and works well.

It's really as simple as that. So when you say that you don't want to be a thin person who still sees a fat person, I can relate. I used to look in the mirror and wonder where that fat guy came from, because it surely wasn't who I really was. Now I look in the mirror and I can still see that fat guy, but I also see the guy I was so convinced was gone forever that I was ready to put his picture on milk cartons to see if someone could help him turn up.
    Dave, you've said it all and very nicely done, I might add. Thank you!

Have a great night's sleep, everyone!

Barbara Ann
  • I guess I can be glad that I am on the alternate IP plan because I have everybody on the board as my coach

these boards really help alot of people and if the IP coaches were smart they would be looking here for the answers.

thanks to all for their honest and intense feelings. It helps us all to see where we are by sharing these things with each other.

good night
  • Quote: Any tips for staying on IP protocol when working nights. I am struggling with planning out my days when I sleep most of the day the work all night.

I also need advice on the caffeine front. I love diet coke but I know I need to give it up. I don't like coffee, but feel like I need caffeine to stay awake all night. Any suggestions that are IP friendly?

Thanks

Kristin
    My advice: kick the caffeine to the curb. I gave up anything caffeinated 6 years ago, and I don't miss it. It's kinda like sugar. When you've used it up, your body craves more, whether you need it or not.
  • Good night everyone!
  • Salesgod, great post!
  • Hey fellow IP'ers I just wanted to give a good positive update! I'm down 20 lbs. in a month, and I'm feeling great! Man, the first few weeks were REALLY REALLY rough for me, but I stuck it out and I'm so glad. I even went on a walk tonight; which was the 1st time since I started this diet I'm very excited that this is going to be my year! Woot!
  • Quote: You are doing wonderful. I know how you are feeling though. My boyfriend and I are both doing IP together. In 5 weeks he's dropped over 30 lb. and the change is drastic. I on the other hand have only lost around 20 lb. Everyone sees the drastic change in him and constantly comments on it. When they notice it on me, I shrug it off b/c it isn't the drastic change he has. I'm wanting to fast-forward and be at my goal, but I need to focus on smaller goals and celebrate them. I got down to size 8 jeans this week (well, most of my old ones at least). I decided to set my next mini-goal to the weight I was before I started my current job (4 yr. here put 35+ lb. on me. I lost the first 15 working out and improving my eating habits and the last 20 lb through IP.) So in another 8 lb. I'm going to celebrate that and be happy. I know it takes awhile to reprogram our minds to be happy with every little bit of progress we make, but maybe focus on the small goals and treat yourself to a new something for yourself to celebrate. Find reasons to be happy with your changes. You are doing great and a great inspiration to us all.

PS. My mom is starting IP next week and she is hoping for weightloss similar to your own. Keep up the good work to encourage people like her that this works and will change your life.
    *waves to eatants*

I haven't been around for a few days and look at this activity. Sheesh. I'm in phase 2 and it is pretty good. I'm tired and want to be done There has been some drama I see. Wow.

As some of the old people know, I struggled with the big C for uh, a LONG time. I finally found that Natural Vitality Natural Calm powder works really well for me. I drink it warm at night and then the magic happens a few hours after I wake up I wasn't getting anything moving with a lot of citracal or even metamucil.

For those not getting the OMG miracle numbers, stick with it. I've even gone up a few random weeks and stalled as well. Don't give up. I'm a size 6 now (so weird!) and happy with how my body has transformed. 145 is probably going to be my settling weight, not 140 and I'm okay with that. I'm just going to let it see what happens.
  • Quote: Why is the thread from yesterday still open? I'm getting confused....like the true blonde I am.
    You have blonde roots!

Mary
  • My First Weigh In
    Hello Fellow IPers!!
    I had my first weigh in tonight!!! I weigh 266.4 pounds - down 6.6 lbs in less than a week. I am so thrilled. I have never lost this much weight less than a week. What a feeling!!!

I am hoping to lose at least 3.4 lbs next week to make it an evn 10!!

Dave - I just wanted to say you are truly an inspiration - Thanks to you and those who continue to provide support us newbies.

Wk 1 - 6.6

One for every five pound gone (not lost, but I never want to find them again)
  • Quote: So I changed my (S/C/G) just fine, but for some reason I can't change the ticker am I doing something wrong? I do as suggested but I don't see where it is I can change the number?
    After you click on UserCP and Edit Signature you have to arrow down to the ticker info, it is just a paragraph type wording that you copied when you made your ticker, (it doesnt look like a ticker)-EXAMPLE: Mine looks like this [...url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue/fireworks01/lb/255/180/206/.png[/img...] [/url] -just change your last weight with your new number in that paragraph and click on Save Signature at the bottom.

It is kind of hard to explain but I hope this helps you
  • Has anyone tried the kidney, liver, and intestine cleanse from IP? Novi-Cure. I got some in my initial kit order but am wondering what the results are. Thanks
  • Quote: Okay, here's my advice:

If your coach says something that doesn't make any sense, just look at them and reply, "Hey! There's a ferret sitting on top of your head!" when they look back at you with a puzzled expression, you can say, "You just told me something completely illogical, and I felt obligated to respond in like fashion. Isn't this great? I think we're really connecting here!"

That is too funny - I'm going to use that with my students!
  • Quote: Almost a little nervous to post this as there has been so much 'coach bashing' lately - BUT I am very excited to have started this week as a coach. I had my first training and hosted a seminar and will be starting 6 people this week alone. I am so excited to share this with others. I am still on the program but I think this can only benefit others as I am going through what they are as well.

I've declared my clinic a 'no ferret zone'.

Have a great day everyone and keep up the great work !
    You will do great - I think the "coach bashing" is more venting about the program than anything and that coaches are getting different information - so now that you know some of the issues you can get the correct answers!
  • I have to post to say that I am so proud of my husband. He has lost 40 pounds in the seven weeks we have been on IP. He moved to Phase 2 on Wednesday. He has been so supportive of me (considering I am not yet 1/2 way to my goal) and has been so inspirational. We have started to cook together and are trying new things...like zuchinni, which I had never really had before except in the form of a bread pan Tonya
  • Quote: My point is this. I know how to get fat. I've been successful at that for many years. It's not difficult. It's quick and easy and happens one french fry and one double cheeseburger at a time. But I've also learned how to lose fat.
    I yield my "literate" sobriquet, with a most respectful bow.