IP Daily Chat - Thursday 9/09/2010

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • Hot Chocolate for cool fall days & evenings
    just posted a recipe for hot chocolate...YUMMY
  • Quote: I just have to "weigh" in here on this topic. I, too, was shocked the other day when the subject of the coach recommending beer was brought up. I've been struck from the beginning of my research here by the disparity of advice people are getting from coaches. WTH?!? I believe my coaches have the right information, and they also have been on the program themselves. Thank goodness! A few weeks ago, they had an open-house informational meeting where they brought in the regional director to speak. I wish I had attended, because I think I would have asked him about this problem. I think the success of the company depends on consistency - otherwise, how can they make any claims that are valid.

And -- advising against romaine lettuce???? C'mon...

Okay, I'll step back down from Jessica's soapbox -(it was just sitting there right in front of me....)
    Quote: Okay, here's my advice:

If your coach says something that doesn't make any sense, just look at them and reply, "Hey! There's a ferret sitting on top of your head!" when they look back at you with a puzzled expression, you can say, "You just told me something completely illogical, and I felt obligated to respond in like fashion. Isn't this great? I think we're really connecting here!"

I completely agree! Jessica's post was dead on . . . It would be so nice to have some consistency and agreement. This program is touchy to begin with (almost any little thing can throw you sideways a bit), that it makes it hard to know just what is right or wrong when there's so much diversity in coaches and their rules.

Oh, and on a side note, I swear that sometimes it stinks to be a woman - Salesgod, you are so lucky! TOM is such a pain in the arse - he shows up when he durn well feels like it and usually at the most inconvenient of times. Screws up your mood, makes you feel crampy and grumpy - all you really want to do is crawl into bed and stay there until he makes his exit - and it's never a good crisp goodbye, either! IP seems to have given him more umph, too - nasty stuff!!

Anyhoo - enough of that - my scales said 201 this morning . . . I was so excited!!!!

Ya'll have a great day, now!

Barbara Ann
  • Quote: Okay, here's my advice:

If your coach says something that doesn't make any sense, just look at them and reply, "Hey! There's a ferret sitting on top of your head!" when they look back at you with a puzzled expression, you can say, "You just told me something completely illogical, and I felt obligated to respond in like fashion. Isn't this great? I think we're really connecting here!"

Dave, I absolutely must use an adapted form of your quote on my facebook status! I will of course give you credit! My new response is going to be "There's a ferret on your head"! I seriously needed the laugh after a morning at the dentist!
  • Quote: Okay, here's my advice:

OMG LOL ROFL LMAO! That was a great one for my morning coffee! But also very true. Thank god for 3FC where when someone tells you something 'stupid' you can discuss it with people who have been there and done that.
  • Quote:
    Anyhoo - enough of that - my scales said 201 this morning . . . I was so excited!!!!

Ya'll have a great day, now!

Barbara Ann
    YAHOO....Onederland here you come!!!!
  • Quote: OMG LOL ROFL LMAO! That was a great one for my morning coffee! But also very true. Thank god for 3FC where when someone tells you something 'stupid' you can discuss it with people who have been there and done that.

Amen to that!!!!
  • Wow!!
    I weigh everyday...and my scale is in line with my coaches...so i jumped on today and I have officially lost 40 LBS!!! in 6 weeks and 2 days...I still can't believe it.

I just needed to share my excitement with you all! As I always say, I wouldn't be so successful without the wealth of information I am constantly reading on this forum!! thanks for sharing
  • Quote: I emailed my coach with my question about eating lettuce along with the 2 cups of vegetables with lunch and dinner. They said that we are suppose to and that actually a person will lose more weight if they do.

Guess I will adding a salad to my meals.
    I eat a ton of Romaine! I think technically I should be considered a bunny with the amount of lettuce I am eating at lunch and dinner! I will say it is growing on me!
  • Big News Broke 300 Pound Barrier!
    Good morning everyone, just finished reading yesterday & today's posts, the weight-losses are so encouraging!

Let us eat lettuce I say!

Big news, I got a great gift for my birthday! I got on the scale this morning and I broke the 300 pound barrier, I'm at 299.9!! That's 16 pounds lost in 13 days! I can bend in half better, yes it's true my stomach was becoming like a rounded board that threatened to never let me bend over again, I can sit comfortably in a chair and on a couch again, my two rolls are becoming more defined (for a while there was just one big roll, no Salesgod not a tootsie roll more like a 20 pound sack of potatoes roll.)

I feel like this was a wonderful pay off as yesterday I was having emotional eating cravings (not hungry just wanted to eat candy bars, ice cream and popcorn) and I did not give in. Today the scales has been good to me and I'm so grateful to have this thread to check in on! You guys rock!

You fellow newbies out there this diet is amazing, it really works and the folks on this board are here to cheer you on.

Well I'm off to celebrate 45 years of life with my 2 adult kiddos and my husband, then tonight we'll have an all family celebration when our foster kiddos are home from school. This is a little hard being on IP with a birthday I'll have to admit. I think I'll mostly choose chocolate packets today since that's a fav. I just got the chocolate ball things, I was thinking I could have those instead of birthday cake.

Here's some extra will power dust for all of you today and for me to!
  • Quote: Oh, and on a side note, I swear that sometimes it stinks to be a woman - Salesgod, you are so lucky! TOM is such a pain in the arse - he shows up when he durn well feels like it and usually at the most inconvenient of times. Screws up your mood, makes you feel crampy and grumpy - all you really want to do is crawl into bed and stay there until he makes his exit - and it's never a good crisp goodbye, either! IP seems to have given him more umph, too - nasty stuff!!

Barbara Ann
    Wow! And I thought talking about goats and chickens might be TMI...
  • Quote: I weigh everyday...and my scale is in line with my coaches...so i jumped on today and I have officially lost 40 LBS!!! in 6 weeks and 2 days...I still can't believe it.

I just needed to share my excitement with you all! As I always say, I wouldn't be so successful without the wealth of information I am constantly reading on this forum!! thanks for sharing
    That's awesome!

Quote: Good morning everyone, just finished reading yesterday & today's posts, the weight-losses are so encouraging!

Big news, I got a great gift for my birthday! I got on the scale this morning and I broke the 300 pound barrier, I'm at 299.9!! That's 16 pounds lost in 13 days! I can bend in half better, yes it's true my stomach was becoming like a rounded board that threatened to never let me bend over again, I can sit comfortably in a chair and on a couch again, my two rolls are becoming more defined (for a while there was just one big roll, no Salesgod not a tootsie roll more like a 20 pound sack of potatoes roll.)

I feel like this was a wonderful pay off as yesterday I was having emotional eating cravings (not hungry just wanted to eat candy bars, ice cream and popcorn) and I did not give in. Today the scales has been good to me and I'm so grateful to have this thread to check in on! You guys rock!

You fellow newbies out there this diet is amazing, it really works and the folks on this board are here to cheer you on.

Well I'm off to celebrate 45 years of life with my 2 adult kiddos and my husband, then tonight we'll have an all family celebration when our foster kiddos are home from school. This is a little hard being on IP with a birthday I'll have to admit. I think I'll mostly choose chocolate packets today since that's a fav. I just got the chocolate ball things, I was thinking I could have those instead of birthday cake.

Happy Birthday! That's the best gift you can give yourself. As someone who started just over 300, I can tell you the benefits just keep getting better. I can now, just look down and the scale and see the numbers without having to bend forward! As someone who dances a lot, I am finding it a bit weird to adjust closed position with my husband or partner though!
  • Almost a little nervous to post this as there has been so much 'coach bashing' lately - BUT I am very excited to have started this week as a coach. I had my first training and hosted a seminar and will be starting 6 people this week alone. I am so excited to share this with others. I am still on the program but I think this can only benefit others as I am going through what they are as well.

I've declared my clinic a 'no ferret zone'.

Have a great day everyone and keep up the great work !
  • [QUOTE=dodomommy;3473699]I weigh everyday...and my scale is in line with my coaches...so i jumped on today and I have officially lost 40 LBS!!! in 6 weeks and 2 days...I still can't believe it.

Congratulations!!!! That is a great Weight Loss!!!!

Quote: Good morning everyone, just finished reading yesterday & today's posts, the weight-losses are so encouraging!

What a great Birthday Gift for you!!
  • Ferrets.... love it..... OK so my take on this is...... DONT FAIL THE PROGRAM AND THE PROGRAM WONT FAIL YOU. My sheet say No Alcohol, No Dairy (other than 1 oz skim milk), No Diet Pop...... the closer you follow the protocal the better.... anyone drinking beer ..... even at 55 cals is not doing the same program I did. Now I am not saying I was perfect either but I was successful and have been able to maintain goal for a few months now.... so it works... IF YOU FOLLOW THE PLAN. I missed the why no romaine lettuce but the only time I have heard you would choose iceburg over romaine is for people (my aunt) who is on blood thinners less vitamin k. I was told the only time to cut out lettuce is if you are having trouble eating all the protein & veggies then cut the lettuce back first.
    Now I have heard lots of bad coach stories but there are some out there that are really trying to make a difference and help people, so I think sometimes they weigh-out (pun intended) the pros and cons ok so a diet soda is not gonna kick you out of ketosis, its horrible for you ....but the benefit of you staying on program, getting off meds, losing weight, feeling great versus allowing a diet soda now and then....cost/benefit ( yes I am a number cruncher ). Sorry to rant yes I wish coaches would get there act together but that is why this site is so important... knowledge is power. You are responsible for your health if it doesnt sound right question them... ask them to get you more info as to why..... if you have a bad coach tell them.... they maybe thinking they are doing a great job but really they suck. How can they get better if you dont? or realize maybe they shouldnt be coaches. You could use the ferret approach or maybe speak to their boss or speak to them, I am not saying you say "hey you suck" but maybe some constructive comments would help them to be better.
    I would never go to anyone who didnt do the program or hadnt tried the products but that is just me... and if you have never had a weight problem ya just dont get it or you may not get me. Ok so I am gonna get off my soapbox now..... I am feeling a little feisty this morning.
  • WannabeIP I AGREE!!!