Girls Nigh In! - Menu ideas

• Hey,
    I'd like some help coming up with a menu idea please. I'm having a friend over for a night in (to save money but also to stop myself from being put in temptations way in a restaurant he he). My friend is someone who loves food and basically eats how I used to eat - whatever she wants whenever, full fat cream, cakes, 3 courses wine etc. I don't want to go off plan just so that I eat to match her but at the same time I want to give her a meal she will enjoy.

Does anyone have any ideas of something relatively simple I can make that will feel like a treat but won't bust the calories for me? More than one course would be nice if possible - some kind of desert he he

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
  • Can't go wrong with a fantastic salad, berries with low-cal cream for dessert and a protein for an entree. Since you are on budget--chicken?

What is in season and cheap in London now?
  • Hey thanks for the reply! There seems to be a lot of spinach around - i have tons of it a nd lots or red peppers and 2 aubergines in my fridge right now I just wasnt sure what to do with them, i usually just gril them :s
  • I don't know how this sounds to you, but from that list, I'd do..

1 Spinach salad w/ strawberries, feta cheese (or gorgonzola, or whatever you want), a few chopped almonds, balsamic vinegar, and a drizzle of olive oil

Some grilled meat with a side of sauteed spinach (totally different taste than the salad ) and roasted red peppers. You can throw a little of the extra cheese into the spinach and let it melt to dress it up.

1 "light" dessert - try angel food cake with light whipped topping and fresh strawberries (from the salad)? If that's too many calories for your plan, you can forth-go the cake all-together and just served berries and cream, too.
  • Mmmm... London.... my favourite city next to Edinburgh.

How about fish? Grilled with some seasonings? Lemon pepper? On a bed of grilled spinach and aubergine? Some fresh lemon squeezed on just before serving.

For dessert, how about a baked apple with cinnamon?

I Love London...

Good luck and let us know how it turns out, okay?