Primal/Paleo-ish in September

You're on Page 6 of 16
Go to
  • Quote: 127 lbs this morning my darlings! I'm so excited I could sing!
    I'm thinkin' it's a Godsmack I lifted and did cardio yesterday. What's that you're saying? I was actually supposed to be doing that along with eating primally all along? I'm such a slow learner sometimes.

I picked up some smallish chicken breasts last week and shoved then in the freezer. Yesterday kinda got messed up because I got called to work for 4 hours in the middle of the day. Then something came up and we had to rush out the door shortly after DH got home for dinner. So I fried the chicken in bacon grease. Broccoli with butter. It was lovely! and very quick.
    I think I meant to do the chicken in curry when I bought it. I guess I'll do that with the other package.
    I couldn't figure out who this is..... then it dawned on me....Where is your picture? Are you posing for a new 127 model

Congratulations!!!
  • Ack! I hate having my picture taken. That one was old and I haven't had long hair in years! I'll have to think on that for a while.
  • Correction Ilene,

I am charting my weight everyday and I go down 2, up 2, down 2, up one, etc. So my DH asked me what my weekly average was. I sat down and calculated that I am losing about 1 and 1/3 lb. a week so I had to change my projection of weighing 155 to around Oct. 6th.

This does not take into account the 20 grams or less challenge we are doing which might make that move up a little.

The other day I went to the store and bought SPAM!!!! I know this is not one of the primal meats but I love it. Memories of my childhood. I also used to fix it for my kids, ground up with cheddar cheese, tomato soup and onions. I then spread it on buns and broiled it. My grown kids still ask for it and when I make it just for fun, it doesn't quite taste as good as their memories. But I enjoyed every last bite of it fried in a pan. However, the sodium is off the charts so I went back up to 164 which kind of scared me until this morning, I am back down to 162 as I did not indulge yesterday.

I find if I am feeling at all deprived, a good chunk of fatty pork, satisfies me and makes me feel kinda cocky
  • Quote:
    I have a wedding to cater on Sunday and the rehearsal lunch on Saturday.
    Tomorrow is baked potato bar, and Ice Cream Sundae bar for 100. Sunday is Italian Food for 250....can you tell I made these menus before I went primal? LOL OH BOY, but I will be doing lots of lifting heavy things, I will get lots of movement here and there and hope it all goes well. I will NOT be eating the pasta, or potato! that is for sure.

AND just WHEN did a rehearsal dinner have almost HALF of the entire wedding guests invited? I mean really, when I suggested an ice cream sundae bar I was not expecting to scoop 100 scoops of ice cream!
    Does this mean that you are a caterer? I thought you were a nurse
  • Quote: 127 lbs this morning my darlings! I'm so excited I could sing!
    I'm thinkin' it's a Godsmack I lifted and did cardio yesterday. What's that you're saying? I was actually supposed to be doing that along with eating primally all along? I'm such a slow learner sometimes.
    Susan, Where'd your old name and profile pic go? This threw me for a loop.

Well, my week has been rough to say the least. If you click here, you'll see that it's been quite traumatic and exercise and proper eating weren't priorities. I taught one daughter who has already graduated and currently am in my second year of teaching the middle daughter (a junior), and we are close. I was very friendly with the mother who finally separated from husband this summer. There is a brother who is a sophomore. My student and her brother found them when they got home from school. As if it's not the worst imaginable nightmare, their real father died when the kids where 6, 8, and 10. I have no words. I am drained and plan to sleep lots tonight and exercise tomorrow. Then gear up for exhausting 2nd week of school along with emotional funeral and so on. Just wanted to let you all know what's been going on.
  • Quote: Susan, Where'd your old name and profile pic go? This threw me for a loop.

Well, my week has been rough to say the least. If you click here, you'll see that it's been quite traumatic and exercise and proper eating weren't priorities. I taught one daughter who has already graduated and currently am in my second year of teaching the middle daughter (a junior), and we are close. I was very friendly with the mother who finally separated from husband this summer. There is a brother who is a sophomore. My student and her brother found them when they got home from school. As if it's not the worst imaginable nightmare, their real father died when the kids where 6, 8, and 10. I have no words. I am drained and plan to sleep lots tonight and exercise tomorrow. Then gear up for exhausting 2nd week of school along with emotional funeral and so on. Just wanted to let you all know what's been going on.
    So sad
  • I have 2 lo carb pizza crust recipes to share:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/thinandcrispy_pizza.html

http://www.meandjorge.com/search/label/recipe
  • Oh Claire! That is sad ...
  • Claire... this is so tragic. Do you know what is going to happen to the kids? Have they created any kind of fund for them, yet?
  • As far as the carb challenge goes, 12 grams yesterday. I was going for a 36 hour fast and only made it 24 hours. Hadn't eaten since 3 pm the day before.
    My husband wanted pork steaks for dinner and the smell did me in.
  • Quote: Claire... this is so tragic. Do you know what is going to happen to the kids? Have they created any kind of fund for them, yet?
    We have created a fund at our school for the kids (or I should say it's in the works). They have a wonderful aunt and uncle who live a couple towns away.The kids are close to this aunt and uncle, and they never had children of their own. When we took dinner Thu, they had set the table for 12 and insisted we (3 teachers-we are all very close to the kids and knew mom well) stay for the meal, which was smart -- we laughed and the kids were able to feel relaxed and distracted for the first time. We know, though, that the kids really need to be in our school where they will have so much support from friends and teachers, rather than change to a new school. We are all working on making that happen. Still wrapping my brain around all of it. Thanks for all the support.
  • Hang in thre Claire

Just made this Primal Rosemary Olive Oil Cake I can't wait to taste it, the batter sure was good

This morning ran 40 mins then the gym worked arms 30 mins... it's all good...
  • 28 grams of carbs today. Made another batch of bread and had to taste. Otherwise I wouldn't been under 20. I gotta quit baking. It's like I am possessed.

I am keeping track of the average and it is 20 so far 7 days into the challenge so that looks better.
  • Where is Susan?

I've been doing pretty well on the challenge. I've lost 3 pounds in the last 4 days and finally was able to change my ticker to 201 (as soon as I see it on the scale, I change it!) A couple pounds of this was my "travel weight" but the last pound was real and I haven't been this low for 20 years or more.

However, today I'm up again to 203 this a.m. but I think that's because I ate dinner at 10 o'clock last night. Hoping to be back to 201 tomorrow with Onederland within shouting distance. Darn! I wish I had skipped dinner last night.

Claire, that tragedy is heartbreaking. Hugs to you and yours.
  • Go CJ! That's awesome!

I'm going shopping! I need some coconut milk and well since that's just across the street from a mall ....

I had kinda planned on putting some vegetables in the freezer this week. Maybe I should drive through the country to see what I can find.