Calorie Calculators

• Okay, I have a question for those of you who are much better educated than I am with the calorie counting.

How do you know which number to use?
    I have two different calorie calculators giving me two different #s.
    I have been tracking my calories on SparkPeople and it says my calorie range should be between 1,200 - 1,550, however when I use the calculator from free dieting it shows calories for weight loss is 1,976

I would like to make sure I am getting enough calories in order to achieve weight loss..........

Anyone??

kel
  • I went through the same thing! Every site gave me a different number. I decided to stick with what Web MD came up with and I've been losing steadily about 1lb a week. Slow and steady without being hungry.
  • http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cal...ulator/NU00598
  • Trial and error. Personally I've had a lot of success with freedietings numbers, but many people find them to be too high.
  • Quote: Trial and error. Personally I've had a lot of success with freedietings numbers, but many people find them to be too high.
    I agree. I also use freedieting calculator as a starting number then tweak as necessary. No person or site or calculator will be able to give you the exact amount of calories your body needs to lose weight in a healthy manner. You should find a starting point, work it 100% for 3-4 weeks then change it as needed . Good luck with your goals.