It's been a year!

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • You look STUNNING and are a great inspiration! To have set your mind and not strayed takes a special type of person and a focus I wish you could share with me Congratulations and REVEL in this!
  • WOW WOW WOW Jkin - You just made me SO HAPPY! Thank you for taking the time to post these pics. I'm a little over 2 weeks into my journey and yes doll, you are an INSPIRATION!

May I ask what exercises you did to stay on target? Did you stay on Tai Bo throughout the duration?

Your legs even look fantastic! SO much tone!!!

Did you find your husband was a help during the time you were losing weight? I find my boyfriend is very helpful but not overbearing but sometimes, I feel like he has NO idea what it is like to be fat and maybe he thinks that once again, I am just not serious and not going to stick with it. Even though he tells me over and over again he believes in me.
  • Congratulations!!! You are an inspiration.
  • DaughterOfVenus, peace4me, nationalparker, and kaylasmom010: You guys are sooo sweet! Thank you for making my day!!

Krizstyling: I'm blushing hehe! Thank you! To answer your questions, I did eventually go out and buy like a zillion other work out dvds. My collection is huge. I have turbo jam, some hip hop dancing one, all the Jillian Michaels ones, and manyyy more. I've also started running, but I'm on and off with that.

Hubby is very supportive. At first, he tried to tell me I didn't need to lose weight. He was afraid that if he was too supportive, I would assume he thought I was unattractive. I finally sat him down and explained to him that I had very healthy self esteem, and while I considered myself attractive and found things I liked about myself at my heaviest, I knew I'd be more attractive, healthy, and confident at a healthy weight. I told him I needed a cheerleader but NOT the food police. I think that balance is key!

I DO know what you mean about your boyfriend not understanding what it's like to be fat. My hubby is overweight, but he doesn't have the same "thoughts" about food as I do. To him, food is food. He thinks about it when he's hungry. I find myself thinking about/planning food a lot during the day. Probably more now than ever before. It's just a very different way to function, and it's hard for others to understand. Anyway, congrats on your progress so far! I wish you all the best! You can PM me if you have any questions or want to chat!
  • Good job!
  • WOWEEEEEEEEEEE I am so happy for you!! You look STUNNING

Congratulations !!
  • Julia! Thank you once again! That really helped, hearing it from anothers perspective. You may be getting a PM from me on an off day or two!

The functioning is definitely different than anyone else I know. It's constantly on my mind. Okay, what am I going to eat, when do I make it and at what times. I'm not sure I know anyone else who thinks that way lol. So it's nice to have all of you here to help with that!

Again, congratulations and THANK YOU for sharing!!!
  • You look amazing! We are the same height and I hope to have such success June 1,2011! You have proven its possible!
  • Hello supermodel! What an inspiration!
  • that is amazing!!!! well done!!!!! you look absolutely stunning!

can I ask what kind of food programme you followed (follow)??
  • Julia, I said this before in the 20 somethings thread but your are SO beautiful! Not only on the outside but inside as well.

about how many calories do you eat in a day? I find it the hardest to stay eating what Im suppose to.
    Congrats on the success!!!
  • You look amazing!!!! I wish I had the discipline with the workouts and not going over the calories. I see that you are a Pats fan too. I'm going to their season opener this year, it is going to be my first NFL game. Congratulations on all of your hardwork!
  • You Look AMAZING!!!
  • Wow, you're really beautiful (inside and out) and it's such an amazing transformation! This might get creepy but you're a really big inspiration to me. I actually joined the site after seeing your and a few other member's mini-goal and goal stories a year ago and had I not seen them I might have skipped the site all together so I should thank you for that because without this website I don't think I could've done much of anything.
  • Thank you caryesings, Leenie, Rtsmme4life, Shytowngal, and KimL1214.

katylil: I just count calories and exercise. I make sure I get the most nutritious, delicious, and worthwhile foods for my calories, though.

Mickeypnd: You're always so sweet! I eat 1200/day. I find I do best when I've mapped out my meals for the day ahead of time.

Sandman79: Thank you, I am a pats fan I almost didn't want to post that pic out of fear of being politically incorrect lol (I'm only half kidding). That's veryyy exciting about the season opener! Have fun!!

bunnythesAINT: It's not creepy AT ALL. It means so much to me! Thank you! You've done SUCH an amazing job, as well!!