Good workout routines?

• Hi everyone,

Since March 1 I've been trying to run 3 times a week. First I did C25K, and then I worked up to running 5 miles at a time a few times a week. combined with this, I tried to make 1 90 minute advanced iyengar yoga class a week. I work in a large city, so I walk a lot during the day (2+ miles).

I haven't lost any weight from all this running and it's left me with an occasioanlly sore hip. I'd like to change my routine up a bit and was wondering what you guys thought of this for working out:

Running 2-3 times per week, with at least one long run of 5 miles.
    weights twice per week
    yoga twice per week - probably 1 90 minute bikram class and 1 90 minute iyengar class

does this sound like a good sustainable plan for fitness and weight loss? I understand that apparently excercise doesn't really make you lose weight and am trying to accept that I will need to cut my calories a lot...
  • If you enjoy it, it's sustainable! Yes, exercise is great for health and your cardiovascular system/promotes strength, but it is only a very small part of the equation in terms of weight loss. It's calories in, calories out.