IP Daily Chat - Wednesday 8/25/2010

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • New? Introduce yourself here. Got a question? Ask it in this thread ... we'll try to point you to the right threads and/or information.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff
    Tickers and signatures:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...forum-help-40/

Search
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. A picture's worth a thousand words so here's a screen shot:
    The operator, "site:" , tells google to look only at that specific website. The search term, "ideal protein", will tell google to only look at pages that contain those words. Add whatever you're looking for in the forum and Bob's your uncle.

Other helpful links
    Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
    http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You Clicking the link will open a PDF file.
    http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG...re_Dr_Tran.pdf

Progress Photos Thread in this forum
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ss-photos.html

Exercise Thread in this forum
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-exercise.html

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
  • Bars set off my sugar craving
    Well I've discovered my limit for the IP bars -- zero.

I can have one pudding, shake, or drink. But those bars! I had 2 1/2 last night until I shook off the stupor and brushed my teeth.
    Off the restricted list and onto the "so rare it might as well be never" list for me! Not sure if it was the thinking or biological. Either way, out out damn bars!
  • Jessica, this is definitely carry forward material.

If you want to see the original, click on the little blue arrow icon next to Jessica's name.

Quote: Even though I'm on West Coast time (and as Rocky points out in the organization thread) it's lonely out here...I wrote my body a letter, thought you'd enjoy.

Dear Body:

Hi. How's it going? I know I've been putting you through a lot lately, and before that, I wasn't all that nice to you. This whole no carb thing has got to be difficult. I'm making you burn fat instead of storing it, and you're doing a great job. I haven't cheated (much) or made you work harder than you needed. I've got moving some more, and even am eating more veggies than ever. I take my supplements, get my oil and salt like a good girl, and you've been rewarding me handily.

I really appreciate the fact that you've decided to burn fat in my arms, upper body, chest, face. I love my new waist. I love the fact that you've even taken time lately to reduce my tummy! I'm so happy you helped me find my hip bones, neck bones, clavicle, shoulder blades. I missed these bones very much, and I'm so glad we're showing them again.

Now, since I've been a good IP'er and been minding my p's and q's, I'd really like to ask JUST ONE LITTLE THING OF YOU. Could you PLEASE just a little bit of my rear, thighs and what I refer to as my 'saddlebags,' pretty please? I mean, serioulsy. I've been good. You can fatten up my arms a little, if you like. I'll even take some my my boobs back. BUT FOR THE LOVE, I'D LIKE A LITTLE OFF THE REAR.

Thank you for your kind consideration & thoughtful work this far.

I remain yours truly,
    ME.
  • Quote: Well I've discovered my limit for the IP bars -- zero.

I can have one pudding, shake, or drink. But those bars! I had 2 1/2 last night until I shook off the stupor and brushed my teeth.
    Off the restricted list and onto the "so rare it might as well be never" list for me! Not sure if it was the thinking or biological. Either way, out out damn bars!
    I agree - I have the same reaction! Interesting that I didn't think about it until I read your post but I do! Ugh... I need to avoid them

Just checking in as I was on a little vacation. I'll be trying to catch up on posts this week and hope everyone is well!
  • The new clinic got back to me last night and advised that the consultation fee will be waived since I am an existing client YIPPEE

Thinking if I can get an appointment on Friday I will start Friday afternoon at the new clinic.
  • I am so tired again today! I'm getting a cold from my daughter (thanks, baby girl!) and it's really pulling on me.

My weigh/measure didn't go as well last evening as I had hoped. I've lost 2.5 inches, but only 0.2 pounds. I'm sure it was the extra meat and not enough water this weekend. Not to mention, things have been moving a bit slowly, if you get my drift.

Ah, well. I got rid of another pair of pants this morning that were too big, and am wearing a shirt that I've had for a long time and can now wear again. So that feels pretty good!

Have a great day, everyone!

Barbara
  • Hi Barbara,

Please don't feel discouraged! You've had some awesome weigh-ins. You may be retaining water because you're fighting a cold. When we're sick our bodies shore up resources just in case.

Have you heard of using "oil of oregano" for cold prevention? I've been using it for a while now and haven't had a cold in over 4 years. As soon as I feel a cold coming on I take some oregano oil and the bug goes away. Two drops under the tongue a couple of times/day and that's it. (It tastes awful! ) You can get it at most health food stores. It's potent stuff, though, so you'll want to do a little research before you take it or give it to others in your family.

Hang in there, kiddo--you're 21 lbs lighter than 6 weeks ago!

Jackie
  • Checking in
    Another weigh in, another 2.8 loss I really wasn't expecting that much so I was really happy. I am halfway to the 90% goal and Phase 2! I so love IP!

I hate clothes! I went through the closet this weekend and sorted clothes into piles: too big - donate, just right - top shelf, couple of weeks - middle shelf, and the who am I kidding pile - storage. Anyway put on a "just right" pair of 14p capris this am and they seemed a little snug. Took a "just right" 12p capris and they are fine. what??!! Looked at the tags - same brand, same lot number, everything seems the same. Why oh why would the bigger ones not fit, but the smaller ones do? ay yi yi.....

Six flags New England tomorrow and I won't mind wearing shorts and perhaps even hitting the water park section!

PS LOVED the letter to body! Made me giggle at my desk, hope no one heard me.
  • Okay, I have a girl problem. Bras.

My chest has finally gone down! Yay! But boo! It has changed shape and everything is foreign up there. I still have 4lbs to lose, and I need new bras.

Do I wait until I hit goal then go get fitted and some nice fitting stuff? Inches come off randomly it seems, and I'm scared I'll invest in new stuff and then keep losing inches.
  • Day 1 for me
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Thanks for the warm welcome yesterday
    Today is my first day ....I had the omelet for breakfast, I am drinking my 1st bottle of water right now.
    For lunch I have 3 cups of green leaf lettuce with dressing I made from 1tsp olive oil, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, sea salt, garlic powder & italian herbs. Also I have 2 cups steamed zucchini and cauli. I work all day in the office I brought lunch with me of course, I chose the wildberry yogurt drink for lunch as well, I was wondering can I wait and have the drink around 3 this afternoon or do I have to drink it with the meal? I am ssooooooooooo happy to be here
  • Quote: Well I've discovered my limit for the IP bars -- zero.

The same thing happened to me (after 5 weeks on IP) when I first tried the chocolate covered malt balls...too much like a "snack" for me...I ate one bag and then a second, got myself under control and took the remaining packages back to the clinic and traded them in for puddings...too much temptation in those little bags for me...now I only get a package now and then, the same with the vinegar soy snacks!!!! They taste like the old days.....and I'm not willing to be the old Marilyn.
  • Jessica-

I love your letter --------- As I read it ....all I can say is my body is the same!!!

Elle
  • Welcome to everyone new! IP is great and you're going to love it.

So, I saw someone posting about switching clinics and consulting fees and I thought I would offer my 2 cents. When I first talked with my coach on the phone he shared about a few things, then explained more when I had my first meeting. The reality as I see it, is that they make most of their money off of the IP product they sell. Here in Canada Dr's aren't allowed to sell anything (make a profit) so they can't offer IP (though they could recommend it). So anyone who has been taught by IP about the program can choose to offer it. My husband was quick to point out when I explained things to him, that there is no way my coach could make a living off of the consulting fee (mine was $100 then he would be my coach for as long as it took me to lose the weight). I really think most coaches are offering this because they've done the program and believe it works and want others to benefit. But the other part is, that this is their job and they need you to buy their product to make their living. So if you go to a new clinic you are not doing them a favour, they are gaining another customer so it is in their best interest to get you to their clinic.

I hope this makes sense and doesn't sound too sceptical, I have kids hanging off my arms while I write this so I don't feel very eloquent in my writing. And I really do believe in IP, it's worked for me so far to lose about 22lbs. I just want people/consumers to be armed or empowered with the facts so they don't get taken advantage of.
  • Quote: Good Morning Everyone,
    Thanks for the warm welcome yesterday
    Today is my first day ....I had the omelet for breakfast, I am drinking my 1st bottle of water right now.
    For lunch I have 3 cups of green leaf lettuce with dressing I made from 1tsp olive oil, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, sea salt, garlic powder & italian herbs. Also I have 2 cups steamed zucchini and cauli. I work all day in the office I brought lunch with me of course, I chose the wildberry yogurt drink for lunch as well, I was wondering can I wait and have the drink around 3 this afternoon or do I have to drink it with the meal? I am ssooooooooooo happy to be here
    I usually have my veggies earlier than my drink. That way it keeps me busy so I'm not craving other things before dinner. I've still continued to lose the past couple weeks doing that.

See how it works for you on week 1 weigh in. I'm sure you won't have a problem with it.

Welcome to IP!!
  • Quote: Hi Barbara,

Please don't feel discouraged! You've had some awesome weigh-ins. You may be retaining water because you're fighting a cold. When we're sick our bodies shore up resources just in case.

Have you heard of using "oil of oregano" for cold prevention? I've been using it for a while now and haven't had a cold in over 4 years. As soon as I feel a cold coming on I take some oregano oil and the bug goes away. Two drops under the tongue a couple of times/day and that's it. (It tastes awful! ) You can get it at most health food stores. It's potent stuff, though, so you'll want to do a little research before you take it or give it to others in your family.

Hang in there, kiddo--you're 21 lbs lighter than 6 weeks ago!

Jackie
    Thanks, Jackie! You're such a sweetheart!

I feel really "droopy" today - but my DH just called me. He's a bit excited - he got a call from his National Guard unit that an ADOS (active duty) position is open and they want him for it. It would mean about double his pay and a job he likes, rather than a job he hates like the one he has now locally. He would have better insurance - the only two drawbacks are he'll have to drive an hour to get to the armory (which he already does for drills) and he has to get in better shape to be certain he passes the PT test every time. Of course, that means he'll be more ready to exercise with me, so it seems like a good situation.

We'll see how it goes! Money's definitely not everything, but it sure does help!

I may have to see if our local natural store has the oil of oregano - I don't feel terrible yet, so maybe there's still time to catch it!

Thanks so much for the kind words - I really appreciate it!

Barbara