Looking For a Different Kind of Support

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Vladadog: I've actually been considering getting a Wii for exactly that reason! I didn't know they had a sword fighting game (yay! fun exercise!)
    DaughterOfVenus: I'll have to try that recipe. It doesn't sound THAT crazy...lol

Thank, everyone for all of the welcoming words!
  • Welcome!!
    Hi Welcome,

I am really new here also. But I was thinking that depending on the type of game system your BF has, Netflix has disks for free to get workout video's. You get a 8.00 a month membership and it streams right to your game system with the disk.

Its pretty cool, I just found 4 great new dancing - like salsa work outs.

Pretty cheap, and if you are in front of the TV- BF isn't
  • Hey Sugarplum, welcome! Everyone has good suggestions here. If you do get to the gym (maybe splurge on a pretty, well-fitting exercise outfit?) I can understand how you might feel self-conscious. Even very thin women who are new to it feel the same, as you might not be confident about what you're doing there. But I've found that most people who work hard for their hard-bodies, when they see someone larger starting out in the gym and making and effort and commitment -- they are excited to see you there and may even encourage you!! When I was 110 lbs. and working out, whenever I saw a big girl going at it -- and saw her several times in a week -- I wanted to say "you go girl!!" It's the big girls downing doughnuts at Starbucks outside that the jocks sneer at LOL. AND YOU'RE NOT ONE OF THOSE! Now go lace up your sneakers and grab a carrot!
  • Hello and welcome to 3FC! It's great meeting you! I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss.