Is this site supremely slow lately, or is it just me?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Ever since I got back from vacation last week, this site has been SOOOO slow to load. So slow in fact that when I click a thread I have to go do something else for a minute while I wait for it to load. No other websites are slow on my computer.

Anyone else notice this? Any fix?
  • Are any other sites slow? I haven't noticed any slowness myself.
  • No, just this one. Takes forever to load any thread.
  • I haven't experienced that.
  • I haven't noticed this site being slow to load. Have you run virus/Spyware/Adware scans? Perhaps it's time to put your 'puter on a diet and dump the cookies?

When mine gets balky I ferret out the internet cooties, clean up my registry and perhaps defrag. It generally works like a charm.
  • yes, I posted about this too. when I try to open forums and threads it can take 20 to 30 seconds. I don't see it with other sites.
  • It's horribly slow on my computer, too. No other sites are slow. I've noticed that when it's slowest, it says that it's loading the picture for the Target ad. I think that the Soy Joy ad from Target is new. Could it be causing problems? Don't laugh if that's a stupid question please.
  • It's not slow for me, but when I click on something, it shows that it's still loading, even though it's all there.....I hope they fix it because it doesn't happen on any other site for me either.
  • It's super slow for me. Been doing this for about a week now. Everything takes forever to load.
  • Same here! Takes awhile to load! Drives me nuts ;p
  • Yep, I've been having that propblem too. Not with any other sites though.
  • It's been really bad, I've more or less given up trying to get in most of the time
  • Ah ok, thanks. I think it must be a site specific issue then. All other sites I visit open quickly as usual.
  • Hey, I solved the problem! I was using IE. I am now using Mozilla Firefox (another free browser, you can google it for the download) and added Ad Blocker. No Ads, and super fast browsing, even this site!
  • Same thing here and its annoying. Half the time when I click on start a new thread it just sits there...hope they fix it!