PRAYING In This ECONOMY

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • GARY ~ that's great news; one more worker back to work is always good news!

T-A ~ that's a good idea that you suggested; if every company tried to bring back at least one worker each month or EOM, etc ... that would help so many people.

Our country has come up with some unique ideas to get our people back to work at our plywood plant and mill -- the government introduced a scheme of subsidizing with UI. The company brings them back for 2 weeks on and 1 week off; and the gov allows them to collect UI for awhile until the economy rebounds a bit. This is going to help so many keep their homes and to be able to stay in our town near their families.

Some people are even doing volunteer work during that week off, as they are so grateful for the plan and income. A clever idea ... hats off to our gov for being so brave and helpful ...
  • Amazing how the stories change from day to day in the paper/TV/radio on the economy...

bottom line....I believe most in the article that I read this week that said....

Americans (and I am sure Canadians/and all free countries) will need to live with a lot less in the future than many have had to live with in the past...

My knucklehead nephew has been here most the week-end...has been telling me about the new "apps" he bought for his cellphone....

he needs new tires but can't afford them....or so he says....

I guess "apps" are more important.....

Prayers for all needing work
  • Giving this a good Christian Kick back to the top, for Bailey and others who may want to read it. It sure has some good hints to help all, I know I have been using it! Please keep praying for all looking for jobs too.
  • I forgot to mention something that I know is very helpful for some people -- and that is VOLUNTEERING ... during some of my layoff times, I volunteered for job experience and one employer gave me a job out of that. I know others that have been offered jobs from volunteering and/or on-the-job training placements ... this not only gives you more experience to add to your resume, but it also looks good as well! Volunteering is also good for you; and builds character ...
  • You are right Rosebud, I got a job one time with a Vet. I asked him if he would give a rabie drive out at our house for the community and he said Yes. He found out that I was looking for a job and he wanted to hire me to be a groomer. I told him I had no experience and he said he would teach me everything and he did . I worked for him for 3 .5 years and then went to work for my husband.
    What I really want to do is volunteer for the new hospital going in. I hope they need me.
  • These are some really good tips for some really tough times.
    I have a job but am also looking for a part time as well. Initially I wanted one to pay off my debt (I feel that this is an important thing to do right now), but now I am trying to get the funds together to get my daughter back into college. She also is looking for a job to facillitate this. I also have worked many different types of jobs. I was a single mom raising 5 kids so I took whatever work was avaliable. I still will. I am grateful that I am still healthy and able. I worked 50 hours a week at my current job but they recently cut us back this past year to 40. I managed, but I just don't have any wiggle room anymore. Thankfully, my home is paid for. But, I just keep the thought that the Lord is my provider, and always has been
  • YES, BOOTSIE ~ you reminded me when you mentioned that you wanted to volunteer in your new hospital; there are many things you can do there. Some people help the patients; bring books and/or snacks; some do people's hair; some visit and/or read to people, etc.

JUDY ~ you are very blessed that you don't have a mortgage or rent to pay; and you have a full-time job, so you will be OK. I understand about wanting to get a little extra to pay off your debts though; that would be wise too -- prayers ascending ...