Low cal pizza crust?

• Who's got a good idea for a low calorie (preferably high fiber) pizza crust? I can make the toppings healthy & delish, but the crust is killing me!

I love a thin crust, so that helps. I'd like to be able to make something that feeds my entire family, not just a single serving, too.

Sorry if I missed some recipes already posted. Feel free to redirect me if I did.

Thank you,
    Cheryl
  • I use tortillas and everybody makes their own individual pizza.
    I put them in the oven for a short while to crisp them up a little before I put on the sauce and toppings.

I also have used some flat breads for individuals that aren't too bad on calories. They come in a whole wheat version. At my local grocery store, they're close to the deli.
  • A lot of stores carry the Boboli whole wheat pizza crust. It's amazing! Loaded with fiber and low in calories.
  • Thank you, both. I've tried the tortillas, but not with very good results. Seems like they either get soggy or so crispy, they aren't very edible.

I love the Boboli crust, but thought it seemed a little high in calories for me.

I've read about using pitas, so maybe I can find some whole wheat/grain pitas & check out the calorie content on those.

Or maybe I just have to face facts that pizza IS a high calorie food !

Sometimes, a girl just gots to have it, though
  • Joseph's brand pita makes good pizza. I usually buy the one with oat bran, flax seed and whole wheat combined, 1 pita is only 60 calories.
  • I make my own 100% whole wheat pizza dough in my breadmaker. I then divide it up for individual pizzas for everyone. I like to prebake the crusts in the oven for 7-8 minutes, then grill mine with the toppings. I haven't figured out the calories but they are awesome!
  • Flatout flatbread! Only 90 calories a slice and makes a good sized thin crust pizza that is so easy to make!