New to the Site!!!!!

• Hello everyone my name is Kim. In the last year and a half I have tried a few diets and excersise programs only to find myself quiting after a couple of weeks. After reading many threads on 3fc's I was inspired to do everything possible to reach my goal. Two years ago I was 140lbs and very happy with my body but after giving birth to my son in Dec of 2008 I was 30lbs heavier. I excersised 3-5 times a week for 3 weeks and didn't lose a pound. Since I'm 5'8 I just looked thicker and luckily the weight was all over and not just in one place. After this I stopped excersising and didn't weight myself for over 6 months. Not realizing I was putting on another whopping 26lbs!!!! I was 196 and almost 200 pounds. This was 10 months ago and since then I have tried differnt things but only for short periods of time not truely motivated or dedicated. What can I say I love the taste of food. Ive successfully lost 6 pounds 6 months ago and have kept it off I'm now 190lb. I'm now ready to reach my goal to lose 50lbs. I am ready to change my lifestyle and eat healthier. But I am considering doing the Ideal Protein diet to start me off. Im motivated and ready to reach my Goal!!!!
  • Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle

• Good luck.

• Thanks....
    Thanks everyone for sending some good luck my way
  • You can do it!!!

This place is a great source of support and encouragement!
  • Welcome to 3FC, we are glad you are here
  • Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
  • Hi Kim = I have been on the ideal protein diet and I don't like it. The food has artificial sweeteners and this with the high protein has caused constipation and no weight loss to speak of - 2lbs in 3 weeks. I am SO disappointed, wish I could tell you something positive. I am too am new to this site and am finding it hard to get my way around so if I don't get back to you - I am lost, again!! Good Luck with your weight loss :-)
  • Welcome, wishing you success !
  • Welcome! We do have an Ideal Protein section under our Carb Counters group.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

You could ask any questions you want there

Rosebud - if I lost 2 lbs in 3 weeks, I'd be thrilled
  • You can do it!!!!!!!!!! Make a conscious effort to swap out healthy foods when u can- for example instead of a hamburger, try a grilled turkey burger, out at restaraunts get H2o or unsweetened tea instead of soda, cut out alcohol- lots of empty calories, and if you must have soda try diet or "Zero" products as well as Fresca which tastes pretty good Good luck!!!!!!
  • Hello and welcome to 3FC. Good luck to you in your journey and in reaching all your goals.