after setting a new goal...

• so i started my weight loss in august of 08 (shortly after the before picture was taken) and hit my goal in october of 09...then slacked off for the next 8 months and gained 10 back. i still want to drop another 10-15, but here's the comparison so far. i can't believe the difference. 196lbs-155lbs.

*i think it's hysterical that the sunglasses are the same in both pictures but because my face shrank so much they look like totally different styles

• You look like a completely different person! Great job!
  • Friends :)
    Good for you! I've just started my goal so seeing that you actually did it makes me want to never give up.

NoNa
  • Fantastic!!
  • WoW! you look amazing. Keep up the good work. I am working on my goal a little at a time as well.
  • Wow!!!! You look wonderful.
  • These pics are great!! Thanks for the inspiration
  • you look great! the difference is really dramatic. What's your plan, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Nice congrats. You look so good! and I can totally see what you mean about the sunglasses that is so cool lol

I love the scenery where you took the pics too very pretty
  • thanks ladies!!

therex-i didn't really have a "plan" so to speak. i started off counting calories (1200-1300/day) and walking 30 min/day. i ate a lot of 100 calorie packs and started having slimfast shakes for breakfast and bars for lunch when i was short on time (i never ate breakfast prior to this). i never (and still never) deprived myself of anything, because i know when i do, i obsess and binge, so moderation became a way of life for me. as i got more in shape i started picking up workout videos and making sure i exercised between 30 and 45 min/day. as the weight came off more and more, stopped counting calories but watched what i ate (it had become more of a lifestyle so i naturallly stay between 1400-1600/day now). i tried 30ds (didn't make it all the way through), c25k (didn't make it all the way through), and special k diet (didn't make it all the way through)...seeing a pattern here? haha. sorry i don't have the magic ticket, but with patience, it worked

moonkissed-thanks!! both pics are in arizona. the "before" is the grand canyon and "after" is sedona. my brothers live out there and we go once a year. scenery pics are the only ones i have that have a full body shot of me. strange.

ps--my boobs have shrunk 2 cupsize since then a dd to a c (i know i shouldn't complain) but my weight has remained the same. i was so excited that i lost the weight and kept my boobs...little did i know that maintainence would make them disappear. so be ready ladies...your body will change even when you're not trying to make it hehe.
  • the difference is more than obvious, Congratulations!