25 pounds gone!

• So, after a three week hiatus, I am back! My grandma passed away on July 15, and that put a screeching halt on my weight loss efforts. I got back into semi-dieting last week, and was absolutely terrified to step on the scale this morning. But, I managed to lose 4 more pounds, taking my total weight loss to 25 pounds since June 1 (reaching my second mini-goal! Woohoo! ). Four pounds is not a lot, but considering what I've been through, and the bad things I've been putting in my mouth, AND my lack of exercise, I was pretty darn happy! With this boost of confidence, I am getting back, full force, into my "diet."

Honestly, I think I was afraid to start dieting again, because it made me feel guilty--like, my grandma has passed away, but I'm still trying to continue on with my life even though it's the last thing I feel like doing right now. I'm just a very guilt-ridden person by nature, so that's to be expected. I just hope it's not too soon to get back into this full-swing. I feel so much better when I'm doing it, though, so I'm going to try. Here's to the next 25 pounds gone!
  • I am sorry for your loss

Congrats on your success
  • You could look at it that you're honoring your grandmother's life by making the most of your own. No guilt there, only a sense of connection and maybe an added sense of purpose.

I think losing 25 pounds is fantastic, especially under stressful circumstances. You're doing great!
  • I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I am willing to bet your Grandma wanted the fullest of lives for you. Keep up the good work.
  • I know it was hard to lose your grandmother, but she would surely tell you to be the best you can be, so don't feel guilty at all. That is great that you have lost 25 pounds!
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. A huge congratulations on the 25lbs though
  • Congrats on the 25lbs lost!

I am terribly sorry to hear about your grandmother I just lost my grandmother this June as well. I agree with others that the best way to honor her memory is by keeping her in your heart and making the most out of your life you still have!