Yay! I got my ticker!

• I finally got my ticker and hope to see it going down very soon.

So I haven't been working the program. I went off the deep end and gave in to temptation. That ended up being a four day eating out fest. This is something I will have to deal with every month a couple of days before TOM. I crave chocolate and anything sweet and am an emotional wreck. The joys of being a girl.

So induction day one.
  • When I lost so much on Atkins years ago, I used to eat a tablespoon of regular peanut butter when I was dying for sweet. Not a good thing, really, but it didn't seem to do any damage on the scales. Also, very dark (at least 70% cocoa) chocolate, high quality, in the big bars is divided into squares. One square is super chocolate, but not very sweet and relatively low in carbs. And it's so dark and dense, one square is enough. It's the only chocolate I can keep in the house and not be tempted to nibble on.

I AM NOT encouraging anyone to deviate from Atkins. We will lose weight faster and happier if we don't fool around with the eating plan. My goal is to stay on plan. Good luck and welcome back to healthy eating!
  • Silly question - how do you get a ticker?
  • Yeah, I was wondering about the ticker too.
  • To get a ticker you must meet the following criteria:

1. You must be a member for 20 days. And it is to the hour. So if you joined at 7 pm then you will recieve your edit signature option on the 20th day around 7pm that night.

2. You must post at least 20 times.

On the 20th day under your User CP you will have an "edit signature" tab. That is where you will add your ticker. Then it will add it to every post automatically. (unless you tell it not to.)

You can see what date you joined by looking at your profile. It will also tell you how many posts you have.

Hope this helps.
  • [QUOTE=sandyfanny[B] Also, very dark (at least 70% cocoa) chocolate, high quality, in the big bars is divided into squares. One square is super chocolate, but not very sweet and relatively low in carbs. And it's so dark and dense, one square is enough. It's the only chocolate I can keep in the house and not be tempted to nibble on.[/B]

That is a great idea. I love dark chocolate......but I know that I could control myself around it. Maybe that would be just enough to keep the carb craving monster inside me from taking over.
  • Good tip
  • Thanks now I know what I have to do to get my ticker
  • Congrats on the ticker! I can't wait to get mine!!

Hope you have a good Day 1!!
  • Its always exciting to choose your ticker. Its also fun to edit it from time to time! you go girl, get back on plan and start sliding it down.!
  • LTS, some find that taking magnesium and eating something high-fat, meat fat or dairy, satisfies what the body needs when it gets interpreted as a desire for chocolate.

All the best to you.
  • Congratulations on getting your ticker, LTs Girl!

Remember any time we have changes in our lives, we tend to respond with food. I know you're loving having your guy at home, but it is a change. So don't be hard on yourself. You're in the right place to get back on track!