New here and need support.

• Hi there, I am a 34 year old single mother of 4. I am going through a difficult break up of a 5 year relationship and have decided to concentrate on me. I had gastric bypass surgery 10 years ago, and have kept over 100 pounds off since then. I have almost 100 more pounds to lose, but 50 is my goal in order to have some excess skin removed from my surgery long ago. I live in Indiana and dont have any family here, and very little support. I am hoping to meet new friends to see through our journeys together. I need to learn to eat healthier, learn to make this a lifestyle and not just a temporary situation.
    PS.. This site is great... I have already learn alot on here and others stories are very inspiring.
  • Welcome to 3FC, and a big congrats of maintaining a 100 lb loss for 10 years! That's wonderful! I'm sure you'll be successful in continuing to reach your new goal.
    A break up is very difficult; I wish you and the children the very best.

Jura
  • Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Hello and welcome to 3FC. Good luck to you in your journey and in reaching all your goals.
  • Thank you for the warm welcome ladies!
    I have GREAT news... I went today.. and bought a scale for the first time in about 10 years... I assumed I was around 240-250... since I have recently gained weight.... BUT to my surprise, I weighted in at 221.8! I feel like I already have a victory under my wing! So that means I am 70.1 pounds from my goal weight of 150!! I can do this!!
  • Welcome and make sure to be a regular in the weight loss surgery section... lots of post-bypass ladies around there...
  • What a fantastic surprise! Congrats on maintaining for so long. You already know how to do that. It's a wonderful place for support and I hope you find it here.
  • Welcome to 3FC and we are glad you are here, please keep us posted on your progress
  • Good luck with your efforts!