IP Weekly Chat August 7th - 13th

You're on Page 21 of 32
Go to
  • Quote: I had the Vanilla Pudding/Drink from Lindora as a drink and it was good. Made it as a pudding, let it sit overnight and it was GROSS! How is that possible? it lost all the sweetness that the drink had. I'm about to attempt the Chocolate Pudding but I'm almost nervous.

Jello- yummy!
    Vanilla Drink-yummy!
    Vanilla Pudding
    Chocolate Pudding ???

Glad to hear of everyone's sucess! Great job everyone

Carla- so glad to hear your getting the clinic up and running! Congrats!
    The Lindora pudding sets up quickly in 3 minutes. Well, lets just say it didn't last longer than that around here so I can't help you out with the overnight in fridge idea. The cheesecake IS supposed to be kept cold in fridge for about 15-30 minutes. I never tried the vanilla and I do like the chocolate and mocha. However, the strawberry never disolves, feels grainy, and reminds most people of the drink before a barium swallow.
  • Quote: You only left out my older sister (EMT and IP alum), who is a full-time caregiver for our younger sister... she's on the front line, and is the one who holds everything together.
    I am so sorry I did that! Full-time family caregivers are very special people. They take on a large amount of stress, have to be so patient and compassionate in helping a family member who is distressed or suffering as they adjust, and they have to somehow remain sane while doing that and keeping present in their own life. Give her a great big from me for doing such a special job. I am sure you all love and appreciate her very much.

Quote: Okay, so I had a pretty big shock just now. My friend called me to tell me that she just received an ideal protein pamphlet in the mail and they used my before and after picture in it!!! At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Maybe a little embarrassed, but then she kept going on about how incredible I look and said I should be honored that they chose to use my pictures. Any other feedback out there on how you would feel

Yes, I signed a release but just didn't really think past them showing people in the office. When I went to my weigh in my pictures where on all their TV's too. Oh well, it is what it is. If I can inspire someone to lose weight then so be it!
    WOW! AND, congratulations. They really only choose the most obvious successes for that opportunity. You can now put yourself on par with Valerie Bertinelli!

I signed the waiver but, I was also just asked to have my pictures on the website for one clinic and to be used as posters at events for my coach. I am very thrilled that I am considered a "model" result for the program. I am not proud of where I got to weight wise however, I am VERY proud of the changes I have made and I don't think I could have done it without this program.

I figure if I am willing to put my photos up here for anyone in www cyberspace to admire, why would I care if my clinic uses them for a meaningful reason.

Quote: I just signed up for IP last night and signed the release for photos, but I've been nervous about it ever since. Couldn't believe how fat I look in the "before" picture they took....immediately had second thoughts. Hate the honesty of pictures right now.

So today is day one of the jump start. So far so good. Wish I could jump forward about three months to an after shot.
    You will love to see the results in the end. Don't worry about the pictures. By the time a decision has to be made, if it has to be made, you will look so fabulous the first picture won't matter expect to say Look what I was ABLE to leave behind.

Quote: Erin: Sorry this took so long. I couldn't remember where I'd seen the information. (Then I couldn't find your post about how much fruit to eat in Phase 3.) Hope this helps:

GRAINS No more than 30 grams of carbohydrates.

FRUITS No more than 20 grams of carbohydrates.

PROTEIN Aim for at least 25 grams, more is OK (remember these are whole proteins, not the highly absorbable isolates).

DAIRY No more than 120 calories (this would be 8 oz. of low fat plain yogurt).

FAT No more than 15 grams of total fat per day (you'll have to look at the grains, protein and dairy and add the grams of fat, you can make up the difference with butter (not margarine), coconut oil or other "good oils" (olive, grape seed, peanut butter, almond butter, etc.
    That is barely 570 calories if I am calculating correctly. Where do the other calories at that stage come from? If there aren't any, no wonder people still lose in phase 3!

Quote: for those who read of my weekend adventure into the land of truffles (remember I am in phase 4): weighed at the gym and 126.5. so not too bad really.
    BRAVO!!

Quote: Hi,
    I am having awful stomach cramps since about a week. I drink over 2liters of water a day, take 4 florolax a day, and I am not cons...
    Tonight I went for a walk and on the way back the cramps were so strong that I had a hard time to walk.
    Does ant one have advises ? It would be much appreciated.

Mitts
    Since you say it was worse after walking, I wonder if you are a little bit dehydrated. It is very easy to dehydrate on this plan because the ketosis increases urination. If you exercise and sweat, you increase the possibility of dehydrating.

It is VERY IMPORTANT you get plenty of water. Drink at least 80 ounces a day when it is hot and humid. Closer to 3 liters would be best. Try increasing how much water you drink and see if things improve.

Other possibilities might be:

Some people have sensitivity to the artificial sweeteners. Keep track of which ones bother you and you may be able to use the ones that don't impact your stomach. Also, some people are sensitive to different forms of calcium or too much potassium. You could try breaking the potassium to a smaller pill, take it twice morning and lunch and see if that helps. For the calcium, you could try to take a different form. Maybe a calcium carbonate (must be taken with food) would be easier for you??

Start first be seeing when it occurs and what ideal protein packet you just took. If altering your choices, based on the information you receive doesn't work, then try to alter the potassium and last adjust the calcium.
  • Quote: That is barely 570 calories if I am calculating correctly. Where do the other calories at that stage come from? If there aren't any, no wonder people still lose in phase 3!
    My read of the sheet is that this is the protocol for breakfast ONLY in phase 3, so in addition you have the whole protein lunch and dinner, plus the 2 c. veggies and salad, etc. So, its meant to be 500-600 calories JUST for breakfast. Am I mis-reading it? My DH is starting phase 3 on Saturday so I am especially curious..
  • Quote: Hi,
    I am having awful stomach cramps since about a week. I drink over 2liters of water a day, take 4 florolax a day, and I am not cons...
    Tonight I went for a walk and on the way back the cramps were so strong that I had a hard time to walk.
    Does ant one have advises ? It would be much appreciated.

Mitts

could it be the TOM? i had some stomach pain during a TOM late last year and it turned out I had a cyst on one of my ovaries. when I had the surgery to remove the cyst it turned out I had a pretty bad case of endometriosis. my OB/GYN doc was surprised I hadn't really felt any pain until then... - just a thought! dina

Quote: Is there anywhere to buy IP product online that any of you know of. I've been looking but not to successful. Found a few on ebay but they are more than what I pay at the clinic.

On first day today, doing ok so far, your posts are great encouragement. TY
    www.idealtogo.com

had my WI # 11 this evening... 2 more #s down. I didn't have a great a week, and seriously thinking if I can survive and continue? it has been emotionally difficult the last 4 weeks for some reason and I am craving cashews all the time. SO... I mention this to my coach today, how i am struggling and that i've cheated some with cashews, etc. He is willing to work with me on it when I transition to the next phases but said that if I want to continue with Phase 1 and still have cashews, then he will have to ask me to leave the program. I should not be surprised since at the beginning he did mention their "3 strikes and your out rule" but geez... i was not happy to hear to actually hear it. He did say that I have done an amazing job and he's very proud how far I've come. and he didn't say he'lll kick me out in a mean way or anything... maybe it is the scare I needed to hear to keep at it strong without losing control. I have 37 pounds left to meet my goal so it is still quite a bit to go. well, just needed to vent. sorry!

oh, i asked him about the amino acids that are missing in the cran/blu/pom drink and he said he will let me know. he did say that although the drink has a lot of protein, it does have missing amino acids and they are not comfortable with it as an actual meal but OK with it as an extra supplement pack.

have a great evening... will do my darndest to stay on the straight and narrow for the next 3 weeks and then decide about going to Phase 2 for a mini-break.
    -dina
  • Ok, WI tomorrow. I better see the 140's or I'm going to throw a FIT. I really think I will, at least how I've been feeling in my clothes, and even if I don't, I guess that I have my very loose clothes to be excited about, right? I'm at 151 as of last week, so, fingers crossed! I need to get to 145 to be within normal BMI range.

A friend of mine at work hadn't seen me since the first of May (works in a different builidng) and was in a meeting with me...said she didn't recognize me at first when I walked in. Also, told me I needed to buy new clothes because I'd be way hotter if that skirt fit (in a nice way) then asked if I wanted to run Hood to Coast (Mt. Hood to the Oregon Coast) next year with her team...um, no. Just because I'm skinnier doesn't mean I'm any faster.
  • Gosh my clinic doesnt have the peanut butter bar (not to be confused with the vanilla peanut butter bar) , or the chocolate bar in yet, and apparently they just made a new orange drink? Any of you guys try these yet?
    *******MODerator Merge *****
    Yall I just started the like hardcore diet phase, im trying to be down to 200 by october for another vacation.
    So heres what my coach let me do.
    Im doing all 4 packets without having the dinner meat, just protein packets. I am having 1 of the bars a day, but next week I may just do un restricted 4 times a day, depends on how I am feeling doing this for this coming week.
  • Quote: Okay, so I had a pretty big shock just now. My friend called me to tell me that she just received an ideal protein pamphlet in the mail and they used my before and after picture in it!!! At first I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Maybe a little embarrassed, but then she kept going on about how incredible I look and said I should be honored that they chose to use my pictures. Any other feedback out there on how you would feel
    Quote: Yes, I signed a release but just didn't really think past them showing people in the office. When I went to my weigh in my pictures where on all their TV's too. Oh well, it is what it is. If I can inspire someone to lose weight then so be it!
    I refused to sign. I said, "If and when the time comes that you think you may want to use my pictures, we'll talk about it at that time, but I'm not signing for you have total rights to my before and pictures to use as you see fit."

Carla, you're beautiful, and I'm sure they're happy you signed!!!

Quote: So did I, finally!!!!!! 159.8 - but at least the 160's are behind me, and I don't mean on my backside. Unfortunately I haven't reached my goal yet.

Congrats to you!!! Can't wait til I can eat an egg, 6 months and only egg whites.
    Love that you made the 5555555555555555s

This morning I made 173.8 - I AM NO LONGER OBESE! I am happy to call myself Over weight (for now)!!!

Have a great day!
  • Quote: will do my darndest to stay on the straight and narrow for the next 3 weeks and then decide about going to Phase 2 for a mini-break.
    -dina
    By my reckoning 2 1/2 pound and you're midway and averaging 3 pounds a week. You're doing GREAT!! Please keep going?
  • Dina - As someone has asked before, Where do they get these coaches from? I think that is ridiculous that they are threatening (even if it was not mean, it is still a threat) to kick you out because you ate some cashews! You still lost weight. And you have been doing very well.

That is like going to the dr for an annual checkup and after 3 years of them telling us to lose weight, we in fact gained so they say, I'm sorry but you have not followed the rules, you will need to find another doctor. How many of us would have the same doctor after 3 years??? Sure not me. I cannot image that that is protocol. You are after all PAYING them, not the other way around.
  • Quote: Yippee! My cold weather running tights and jackets arrived today.

Bad news, nothing fits.

Good news, it's because they're all too big.
    Nice problem to have, right? It really can be tough to wrap your head around the smaller sizes... sometimes it just doesn't seem possible.

Quote: Full-time family caregivers are very special people. Give her a great big from me for doing such a special job.
    I just read her your post... I'll give her the hug tomorrow when I fly up to NH for my mom's birthday.

Quote: I signed the waiver but, I was also just asked to have my pictures on the website for one clinic and to be used as posters at events for my coach. I am very thrilled that I am considered a "model" result for the program. I am not proud of where I got to weight wise however, I am VERY proud of the changes I have made and I don't think I could have done it without this program.
    I wasn't asked to sign any waiver, I didn't pose for pictures, and I didn't provide before and after shots, even though my chiro asked if he could have a set, just for my file. He does refer to me as a "poster child" for IP, and he made it a point to say he couldn't use them for anything without my permission, but I haven't given him anything.

Part of it is probably because it's so horrifying to see where I was. But like you, I am thrilled with what I've done, and grateful that I found out about IP. Anyway, I'm conflicted about the whole picture thing... I wasn't even sure I wanted to post them here. But I also want people to understand what amazing things they can accomplish on this diet.

Quote: That is barely 570 calories if I am calculating correctly. Where do the other calories at that stage come from? If there aren't any, no wonder people still lose in phase 3!
    Quote: My read of the sheet is that this is the protocol for breakfast ONLY in phase 3, so in addition you have the whole protein lunch and dinner, plus the 2 c. veggies and salad, etc. So, its meant to be 500-600 calories JUST for breakfast. Am I mis-reading it? My DH is starting phase 3 on Saturday so I am especially curious..
    You are reading it correctly. This is for breakfast only. The BIG breakfast.

Quote: Please, start out slowly exercising. Our bodies have changed how they burn fuel (ketones, less glucose now) and our blood pressures are often lower too. Take it easy until you build back your tolerance. You will be on the bike trail again in no time.[/I]

Thanks Carla. Actually I thought I was taking it easy. I used to do mini triathalons or just ride 16 or more miles a few days a week.But your point is well taken. You are right!
    Indeed! IP is a different reality!

Quote: A friend of mine at work asked if I wanted to run Hood to Coast (Mt. Hood to the Oregon Coast) next year with her team...um, no. Just because I'm skinnier doesn't mean I'm any faster.
  • Quote: So did I, finally!!!!!! 159.8 - but at least the 160's are behind me, and I don't mean on my backside. Unfortunately I haven't reached my goal yet.

Congrats to you!!! Can't wait til I can eat an egg, 6 months and only egg whites.
    Chelle Where have you been? We have missed you. Congratuations on the 5555555555ss. I am getting there soon too...

Quote: This morning I made 173.8 - I AM NO LONGER OBESE! I am happy to call myself Over weight (for now)!!!
    Melissa -Yes it is a wonderful thing to go from Obese to Overweight. Never has the word overweight sounded so good. But we know it is just a temporary description, RIGHT?!? I look at it on fitday every day. I'm about 1/2 way through the overweight box... you are right behind me. And you are almost to the 6666666sss. Well Done!
  • Quote: Dina - As someone has asked before, Where do they get these coaches from? I think that is ridiculous that they are threatening (even if it was not mean, it is still a threat) to kick you out because you ate some cashews! You still lost weight. And you have been doing very well.

That is like going to the dr for an annual checkup and after 3 years of them telling us to lose weight, we in fact gained so they say, I'm sorry but you have not followed the rules, you will need to find another doctor. How many of us would have the same doctor after 3 years??? Sure not me. I cannot image that that is protocol. You are after all PAYING them, not the other way around.
    The way that they explained this to me was that we all signed a contract at the end of that health history form that we filled out, where we agreed to stick to protocol 100%, and they said they want our results, not our money. Also, not sure if everyone's forms were the same, but the part where it said rate on a scale of 1-10 how committed you are going to be to this diet, if someone puts 7 or under, we are to tell them to come back when they are going to give it more and are more ready for it.. Crazy, I know! Like I can understand if someone is constantly going off protocol and staying the same or gaining... Power trip maybe?!
  • another great article for us

http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-man...erol-long-term
  • LongCool - Oh and thanks to those of you who talked about skin tags in the previous thread. I noticed that some small tags in one of my armpits have disappeared. I wouldn't have noticed this NSV if you hadn't mentioned that there was an association between skin tags, PCOS and insulin resistance.[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad to hear this....I wasn't sure...just going on my experience, very glad to hear others are disappearing too !

Welcome to all the new people and to everyone else - HAVE A GREAT DAY !!
  • Thanks for all the feedback. I've decided to be honored that they want to use my pictures I shouldn't be embarrassed at what I looked like, I should be so proud of where I am now.

My DH is so cute, he still looks at my before picture and says, "Are you sure they didn't photoshop this picture? That can't be you!" I love him <3