IP Weekly Chat August 7th - 13th

You're on Page 11 of 32
Go to
  • Thanks for the tattoo compliments... It hurt like **** but well worth it! Now when I can put on my bikini it will be very nice!!
  • Quote: Rosie- I know you posted this for Bev and hopefully she'll weigh in, but I have been using her pancake recipe as an unrestricted item for the past couple of weeks and I'm in phase 1. They're very good and I haven't slowed in loss at all (I had mostly been using only the IP puddings before).
    Thank you for your answer, and it's really great news to hear it hasn't affected your losses.

Quote: It is definitely Phase 1 friendly. I started out considering it as a restricted item since the IP pancakes are restricted, but they are higher in carbs than my recipe.

I might not be able to log on very much this week. I am visiting with my middle son and his family in North Carolina this week. I'm using their computer, but I think it's time to give it up for awhile.
    This is really great news, thanks so much for sharing, this is going on my grocery list.

Quote: Special agent 6710 would you like to collaborate on detailed instructions on forum usage?
    Special agent 6710 - LOL, never thought about it that way. Sure I'll help out, I'll try to post something each night this week.

I would like to extend the invitation to Carla and Elizabeth. There was discussion at one time about what you wished your coach had told you at the beginning; discussion about using birth control and the ineffectiveness; and about exercising, when you should/shouldn't, heart rate, etc. I think that would be useful to have on the tips.
  • nsv alert,

back fat rolls are GONE.
  • Quote: I've been on IP for almost 5 months. I've lost 46 lbs. I still have a long way to go. I usually try to be inspirational, but tonight I'm just not feeling it
    hey Kelsey,
    we all feel this way from time to time, but 5 months is a long time and you've been so persistent, it's amazing. When I get to the point I cannot look another salad in the eye, I go back and browse the recipe thread and find some veggie I have not made in awhile, or try something new. It usually gets me over the hump.

Quote: Gosh, guys, why don't you drop this information in "Tips for Newbies"? And the rest of us will profit, too.
    I'd vote for a separate thread for the "technical" and "how to" information so it does not get tangled into all the IP protocol information--more of a "how to use the board" rather than a "how to do IP".

Just my 2 cents, and how my brain works. And I like the idea of it being a "closed" sticky...if it's possible for someone to re-open it and add more later...does it work that way? (sorry I'm not technical enough to figure out how to start this sticky!)
  • Quote: As you can tell I obviously don't know how to quote.

Anyway, I meet with my coach tomorrow so maybe your posts will make more sense then.

I do have a question though. I have been working with a trainer and do not want to stop that. At the seminar I went to regarding this program, we were told not to do anything the first two weeks. I'm not sure why.

What is your take on exercise? I work with trainer 3 days a week, do cardio and attend zumba classes. I have been going about 6 months but have plateaued with the weight loss the past 3 months. Eating better than ever have but not dropping the weight. A practitioner at a clinic I go to recommended this program.
    This should help.
  • Noticing we have a bit of broken up discussion going on around a new thread that Rocky Monarch suggested.

Here is a thread I started so that conversation can flow as it needs to and NOT take away from the 500 general chat posts we are allowed this week for this thread!

Thanks everyone!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3427734
  • Where, oh where, are you my "pita" dear??? Sounds like this week is a challenge. Sure hoping you get a restful night and can start anew tomorrow.
  • Quote:
    I'd vote for a separate thread for the "technical" and "how to" information so it does not get tangled into all the IP protocol information--more of a "how to use the board" rather than a "how to do IP".
    I think RM makes an important distinction. That's pretty much what I meant when I said "in part." A bit nebulous of me.

It's kind of funny, to me at least, that I posted my random tips for newbies before I saw any of the present discussion. I'd been meaning to do something like this for a while to give the site a nudge and hopefully to get others to add information about the IP program. I just found the time this afternoon (Pacific time).
  • Quote: I've been on IP for almost 5 months. I've lost 46 lbs. I still have a long way to go. I usually try to be inspirational, but tonight I'm just not feeling it . I had to choke down my salad today for lunch. At dinner I wanted protein, and more protein, but no more veggies and no more salads.

Sorry everybody. Phase 1 for this long is starting to take its toll. Anyone else been on Phase 1 for this long? Maybe you can tell me how you're doing?

I think you and I may have started at the same time. You have done amazing and an inspiration to us all. You have lost 46 pounds in 5 months !!! My weight loss has been slow and I was told that at the beginning because I do train 2-3 times a week and continue to do so. The past few weeks have also been rough for me. As I mentioned in another post I am probably going to start phasing out as the cost is becoming too much.
  • Quote: nsv alert,

back fat rolls are GONE.
    MAMAERINB: Yahoo....that's amazing!!! mine are slowly getting smaller I loves IP!!

Quote: I've been on IP for almost 5 months. I've lost 46 lbs. I still have a long way to go. I usually try to be inspirational, but tonight I'm just not feeling it . I had to choke down my salad today for lunch. At dinner I wanted protein, and more protein, but no more veggies and no more salads.

Sorry everybody. Phase 1 for this long is starting to take its toll. Anyone else been on Phase 1 for this long? Maybe you can tell me how you're doing?

KELSEY: I am starting my 5th month and have been struggling this past week (grandkids here, camping & the 3 wks in Germany) kind of kicked me off the straight and narrow, but after coming back and reading all the posts (especially yours) I know I will get back on protocol starting this morning. You are such a great influence to me as is everyone here, I really don't think I would have done as well as I have if it wasn't for this forum.
    One of my DD's friends started IP last week and one of the best tips I could think of giving her was to come to this forum for information, support and encouragement!!!
    I hope you are feeling better today!!

A new day, a new week....everything is going to be IP wonderful!!!!
  • Quote: I just use the IP shaker !!! Just give it a few extra shakes above your head, etc. I'm sure the neighbors who can see into my kitchen window at night must think I've got a few loose screws when I'm mixing up my evening snack But hey, my arms are shapin' up
    EMMA JAYNE: Thank you for the tip...I too shake it up just never thought of it as exercise, LOL , will be a bit more vigorous in preparing my IP treats from now on!!!!
  • Quote: I've been on IP for almost 5 months. I've lost 46 lbs. I still have a long way to go. I usually try to be inspirational, but tonight I'm just not feeling it . I had to choke down my salad today for lunch. At dinner I wanted protein, and more protein, but no more veggies and no more salads.

Girl we are ALL there at one point or another... I kick myself looking at all that started with me and have lost 3 X as much because they have stuck to the program... all on phase 3 and 4... I got off the wagon for the wedding and honeymoon and just recently starting again...UGH... yeah but guess what? we don't accomplish anything by stressing, that only works against us so I am happy and working on me again... I think staying in a "good place" emotionally is what helps everything move. Hang in there and it will move again!
  • Just read through the New to IP thread
    WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES in the last month.
    This forum is the greatest with the best people in the the world!!!
    Soooo, WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME
  • I reached ONEderland today!!! I'm SO happy!!!!
  • Quote: I reached ONEderland today!!! I'm SO happy!!!!
    CONGRATS!!!!:woo hoo: