Non egg breakfast?

• Don't get me wrong, I love eggs but good Lord if I eat any more eggs I'm going to scream!

Any recipes that others may know of? I feel the need to mention I am a picky eater. I don't like Ricotta or cottage cheese.
  • Leftover dinner from last night.
  • There are lots of non egg discussions.

A sticky in the FAQ section: Breakfast Alternatives to Eggs

But as I was searching it looks like some of the other discussions include ricotta and cottage cheese. So, I go with leftovers from the night before also. Beans and salsa worked for me in phase 1. I was trying to go dairy free this time, it worked.
  • Some people add SF flavored syrup to FF greek yogurt. I hate eggs!! and everything after its cooked tastes like eggs. I usually do yogurt or string cheese, but thats because I have to force myself to eat in the am.
  • Here's my new favorite: arnold wheat sandwich thin (100 cal, 5 g fiber) toasted, thin layer of peanut butter, and slice a banana up on each half. I sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar a bit and it's delish. And filling!

If you like oatmeal or greek yogurt, check out this healthy eating blog - I enjoy her posts each day, even though I won't touch yogurt http://pbfingers.com/
    Her posts remind me to add fruit in to sandwiches, etc., when I don't think of it...and that healthy eating is not as hard as we sometimes think it might be!
  • I have a breakfast drink that I started a year before I started SBD which REALLY works for me, so it continues to be my every day breakfast. It's a combination of 2 products, "Supreme Meal", by Peaceful Planet and "Green Vibrance" by Vibrant Health. It was a little boring during P1, but normally I add 1/2 apple or fresh blueberries. Taken along with my vitamins, it carries me through to lunch, and that's without a snack break. I feel that as we follow SB we also need to key into what is right for us individually. I have run my mix by 2 nutritionists who gave it the green light. I was concerned that I was getting the nutrients I needed.

I want to always mention that a meal-replacement drink is not for everyone and it certainly isn't advocated by SBD. In fact, many will say that a drink won't adequately carry one through until lunch, but in my case, it does.
  • Quote: Here's my new favorite: arnold wheat sandwich thin (100 cal, 5 g fiber) toasted, thin layer of peanut butter, and slice a banana up on each half. I sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar a bit and it's delish. And filling!

If you like oatmeal or greek yogurt, check out this healthy eating blog - I enjoy her posts each day, even though I won't touch yogurt http://pbfingers.com/
    Her posts remind me to add fruit in to sandwiches, etc., when I don't think of it...and that healthy eating is not as hard as we sometimes think it might be!
    The cinnamon sugar is a no-no on SB, though, isn't it??? I just remember seeing it specifically spelled out in some recipes "Ground cinnamon...NOT cinnamon sugar" or something like that.
  • *Any* sugar is a no-no on the South Beach diet.
  • I'm also on Phase 1 so the bread and sugar would not be good.
  • Today I had 2 slices of turkey bacon and some low fat jarlsburg cheese
  • I am not a huge breakfast eater, but usually (at least when I gotta go to work) I have:
    Plain yogurt sweetened with crystal lite (the flavour depends on my mood at that particular moment)
    Celery sticks with a little pb on them (or for ph2 pb &nsa jam)
    -or-
    The yogurt flavored with c-lite
    Ham, cream cheese & onion rollups with raw veggies on the side.

But there are a hundred things you can eat for breakfast instead of eggs... you just gotta think out side the 'traditional' breakfast food box.
  • When I'm getting to the point that I see another egg I'm going to scream, I move to Greek Yogurt. Really good (even plain), and I found an idea on the site here I'm going to try...adding some flavored extracts to them (the sugar free ones of course!). I imagine it will be easier in Phase 2 when you can add fruit.

I also swear by frozen turkey sausage links or canadian bacon you can throw in a pan, heat up and eat. It seems to take the tedium out of daily eggs.
  • Quote: I am not a huge breakfast eater, but usually (at least when I gotta go to work) I have:
    Plain yogurt sweetened with crystal lite (the flavour depends on my mood at that particular moment)
    Celery sticks with a little pb on them (or for ph2 pb &nsa jam)
    -or-
    The yogurt flavored with c-lite
    Ham, cream cheese & onion rollups with raw veggies on the side.

But there are a hundred things you can eat for breakfast instead of eggs... you just gotta think out side the 'traditional' breakfast food box.
    How much Crystal Lite to how much yogurt? I really like that idea!