Who am I!

• I just had veggie tacos for lunch and now I'm snacking on dark chocolate goji berries and almonds for my snack in preparation for the gym...and I enjoyed every bite and can't wait for the gym. I'm still dumbfounded by how much my habits and choices have changed! Just had to share!
  • I've been there. When did I become a person who rides a stationary bike for an hour instead of napping? Or buys brussel sprouts? Or cooks up some veggies with a little hot sauce and rolls them in a wrap for lunch?

Love it.
  • I know! I mean what are goji berries????? I have no idea, but they're yummie and have lots of good stuff in them - that all I need to know!
  • Right?! Brussel sprouts are a fave food!
  • I know! My new favorite food, besides steel cut oatmeal, is cabbage--cooked cabbage. I crave it...
  • Who are you??? You're someone who cares about their health and is doing everything they can to improve it. Good for you!!!

Hmmmmm...goji berries, you say??? May have to try those.
  • Way to go!
  • Congrats!
  • Where would one get these said Goji berries? I'm always looking for something new to try and berries are some of my favorites.
  • Eating well is a wonderful feeling in and of itself - never mind the wonderful benefits and results that come from it. It makes you feel so proud of yourself - almost virtuous. I get a big kick out of it!
  • I know what you mean. As a student, I can use public transportation for free here. But I don't.
    Instead, I go by bike everywhere. To the grocery store, to school, downtown. Riding my bike in the early mornings makes me feel great and going home by bike after a long day makes me feel even better. I can't believe how one would chose to go by bus. It does not even take any longer to go by bike. But 2 years ago, I wouldn't even have considered going by bike.
  • I am with you! I am amazed when I get the feeling at work that I just have to get up and move so I walk around the building a couple of times. I spent 30 years trying to find ways to NOT move!
  • I got the goji berries in bulk at henrys (whole foods probably carries them). I will say they are covered in dark chocolate, so I don't know for sure what their flavor is, but it tastes kinda like a dried or raisin like raspberry.
  • Good for you, ncuneo. Now that I think about it, I have so much to be proud of. I thought quitting smoking was hard, but giving up snacking was harder. I can't believe I eat discrete meals instead of eating all day and all night.

I'm also proud of my tenacity. My binge eating disorder rears it's ugly head a lot, but I never give up. And my regular eating plan feels normal, binge eating feels abnormal.