Primal/Paleo-ish in August

You're on Page 23 of 23
Go to
  • Quote: Just for clarification, corn is usually a no-no on primal, isn't it, since it's a grain?

What did you get at chinese buffet? My partner and I used to go way more than we should've, but I always got breaded and/or sweet-sauced dishes. I'm trying to think of what primal options would be. He'd be happy with being able to go to chinese buffet once in a while. I didn't think there'd be anything primal-friendly.

This sounds goooood. Can I have the recipe? One thing I would love to figure out how to imitate is the Amy's Thai Coconut (Tom Kha Phak) soup. Love loooove that soup (minus the tofu, even as a vegetarian. The cats loved it, though.).

Sounds good to me!

Holy moly! I've always gotten Trader Joe's almond flour for $4-something for a 1 lb bag.

Yum! I get the Lindt 90% cocoa. Oh, and I found some 85% dark cocoa bars at Aldi the other day, for a little over $1.50 per bar. I think the Lindt ones are about $3 per bar.
    Brown - how do you quote all the different people like that? I always wanted to know!
  • Ok, my last August post.... I will comment on Chinese Buffet and curry soup on Sept

OH August Thread--you have been good to me ole friend. But now we must part, you have been replaced but never forgotten.

Imagine bugels playing Taps in the background
  • Quote: Ok, my last August post.... I will comment on Chinese Buffet and curry soup on Sept

OH August Thread--you have been good to me ole friend. But now we must part, you have been replaced but never forgotten.

Imagine bugels playing Taps in the background
  • Well... Hi!

Last night I really fell off the surf board! A classic example of Fail to Plan/Plan to Fail. I just didn't bring enough food to work for a "Hungry Day'. I ran out of food at 11am and had to make it to 8pm. I went from 1 peppermint [what I could find on the conference table] and snowballed into a carb-fest.

Instant 3lb weight gain...of course!

So today I brought plenty to eat and am back in the game:

Breakfast: sausage and applesauce
    Lunch: Ground beef with brussel sprouts and cooked carrots and a little more applesauce.

My husband, who is meticulous about his eating since becoming a diabetic would make a great addition to this group....but he says he "just does it" and doesn't think about it or want to talk about it. He went overnight from a chips-n-cheese Snickers bar diet to almost primal. Dumped 40 pounds in a heartbeat!

Sheesh!

Spanky

By the way--I have an ear of corn when I want and count the carbs into my 50-100 allowance.