Staying tired

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • No matter when I go to bed or how long I sleep for, I stay tired. All day I am yawning and I just feel sleepy. Any suggestions? :/
  • do you have low iron? i'm anemic and it causes me to be tired and cold along with otherthings. you can find out by a simple blood test.
    Aubrey
  • A simple blood test that costs money I don't have but hopefully if things work out for me, I will be able to start seeing a doctor soon. I go Tuesday to see if I am qualified for their in house low/no income insurance.
  • I was like that last winter. No matter how much sleep I got I just felt exhausted. Turns out I was low in Vit D! Had treatment for two months and now so much energy back. I live in the Pacific NW and not that many sunny days in the winter months here. Hope you can see a dr soon and feel better!
  • I agree with the vit d. I was severely deficient and was incredibly tired all the time, just exhausted. My levels are up now at the low end of normal so I'm feeling much better lately.
  • Thanks so much!
  • Ive been in the same funk for the past week.. Im usually way more active... now I just wanna sleep! Im usually so active Im quite the insomniac, lol.
  • Also, low B vitamins can cause you to feel tired. I have read that the RDA in multi vitamins is low for most people. I know you're eating healthy, but you still may be lacking in some vitamins.
  • Thanks
  • If you can get in to see a doctor, I would also recommend you have your thyroid checked. That can cause fatigue.

Have you had any changes in the amount of carbohydrates you consume? I know that I was pretty tired when I lowered the amount I was eating by about 10-15%, but it was only temporary until my body got used to it. Of course, now if I go under 50% (I try to stay close to 55%), I really start dragging as well. But that percentage is different for everyone.

I had major fatigue issues before I started the healthy lifestyle changes, but mine had to do with insulin resistance + 70% daily carbs = unhappy body. My hormones were all out of whack. That may not be the issue with you, but just something else to consider.

Hope you get to feeling more energetic!
  • I did recently cut out bread, crackers and tortillas from my daily diet :/
  • I was miserably exhausted all the time until I saw my doctor and she sent me for a sleep study. I found out I have very bad sleep apnea and now that I'm being treated I feel like a million bucks. Just thought I'd throw it out there!

I hope you feel better soon!
  • Thanks Shannon

I did have sleep apnea but no more since I have lost a significant amount of weight.

Also, before I moved here, I was able to go to the county health department for medical care for $5 a visit and there, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and they put me on some medication (I forget what it was though). I only took it for a limited time then things went drastically wrong in my living situation and then I moved here and have not had a proper medical checkup since but hopefully that will be rectified Tuesday.
  • If you donate blood, they have to check your iron level before you can donate. Although with a history of hypothyroidism, that would be my first guess.
  • Thanks Hopefully I can get to see a doctor soon, keep your fingers crossed for me