2 days +2 lbs?

• My family and I went to the amusement park on Tuesday. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time. I thought I had done pretty well. I ate breakfast before we left. It is about a 3 1/2 hour drive. It took 4 because I kept having to take bathroom breaks. For lunch I had a turkey and cheese sandwich...I only had 1/2 of the bun and a bottle of water. I didn't snack the rest of the day and walked and walked and walked. My legs still hurt from all the walking.

We decided not to eat supper until we left the park. So, we stopped at Chili's on the way home. I got an 8 oz steak which I ate 1/2 of and broccoli. (I carry a calorie guideline book in my purse - this shouldn't have been too many calories). I did well yesterday and ate around 1200 calories. Today when I weighed myself, I've gained 2 lbs.

It's frustrating and confusing, but I won't give up.
  • Don't worry, the weight gain was probably due to your body retaining water because you were walking around a hot amusement park all day. No worries, it'll come back off in no time. : )

Dhani
  • And your body retains water after eating heavy sodium meals (which almost all restaurant meals tend to be).
  • I retain a lot of water after a long road trip with my legs dangling down.

It's 'just' water - but yes, very frustrating - but it'll soon come off.
  • I really hope it is just water weight. Thanks for listening to me whine
  • I second water retention. I swell up a little when I walk around a lot. Your body is just working really hard. I'm sure you will see it go down over the next few days.
  • We tend to not drink enough at places like an amusement park, because bathroom stops just aren't convenient.
    Your body is holding on to the water because it didn't get enough yesterday.
    Drink lots of water today, and your body will adjust itself.
  • It's water. I had the same thing earlier in the week and gained 3 overnight, the next day I had lost 6 lbs. You're in for a whoosh!
  • I hear ya, i have 2 lbs just hanging on and it makes me crazy! Just stick in there, it will come off
  • Well, I'm still going the wrong way....Aaaargh! This morning I'm up 2.6 lbs. I'm trying to remain positive. Today, I'll try to do as little sodium as possible and as much water as I can stand!
  • I wouldn't be surprised if you end up with a whoosh soon. The scale rarely reflects what we do the very next day but takes a couple days. We put our bodies through a lot and I think when we do that they hold onto water for dear life which they use for making repairs. Once our bodies realize we're doing ok, they let go of the water...and whoosh.
  • I know how you feel...I am up 1.2 lbs from yesterday! I think the best we can do is chug water like mad and hope to pee out the water our body is holding onto