What's for dinner?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I would love to know what everyone is making for dinner tonight. Also, hopefully I can reference this for dinner ideas later on if I'm stumped.

I'm making:
    - Mini meatloaf (4.5 points)
    - Salad with onion, tomato, carrots and homemade low cal blue cheese (1pt)
    - Glass of wine (2pts)

I know it seems crazy that I'm using the oven on such a hot day, but my boyfriend turns the air-conditioning on at full blast and it chills me to the bone. So a little heat from the oven will feel good!

What are you planning?
  • Hi Shytowngal! Great progress!
    we had a weiner roast at work today so i'm having a big salad for supper, and a piece of toast. then i'm going to hit the gym for a two hour cardio workout!
  • I am splurging a little and making baked chicken breast which I marinate in marinara and lite italian dressing with a salad of greens and tomatoes and mozzarella cheese on top.
  • I am so glad you started this thread, shytowngal! I hope we keep it going. I'm finding much better ideas for meals here than reading cookbooks or even the WW suggestions (I do WW Online).

My dinner tonight isn't interesting at all. I'm having a crazy week and not cooking because of it. I have a prepared sliced chicken salad I bought at the Whole Foods.
  • Tonight I'm going to an Asian restaurant with friends. I'm ordering a la carte from their side items.
    1 cup of Brown rice (4pts)
    large portion of steamed veggies (1pt)
    then when I get home I'm going to treat myself to a Skinny cow dessert (3pts).
  • Ball Park All White Meat Turkey Franks - 2points (2 dogs)
    Healthy Life Hot Dog Buns - 2points
    Whole load of Cabbage coleslaw with vinaigrette - 2points
  • Last night I made chicken and steak fajitas (I used prepackaged fajita meat) with saffron rice, veggies, fat-free refried beans, and cheese (although I skipped the cheese.) I ate 2 chicken fajitas for 9 points total. The rest of this week will be tacos (my oldest daughter's request for this week), turkey burgers, and we're grilling out Saturday at a friend's house.
  • A grilled hamburger and salad at a friend's house, iced tea. The hamburger was lean; I'm estimating 8 points..
  • Yum, I need to add fajita's to my menu for this weekend!
    Tonight I'm making lettuce wraps and fruit salad.
  • tonight I am making easy salsa fish.

take sole/tilapia or any other white fish, top it with your favorite salsa, add some low fat mozza cheese ( i put this on everyone except mine ) and make. I will steam some mushrooms and yellow wax beans, and include a salad.

Salsa is zero points
    6 onces fish 4 points.
    2 pcs w.w. bread 2 points

still have room for a skinny cow desert
  • You guys have some great ideas. Unfortunatley I don't have time to make any of them tonight. The kids have hair appointments at 6 and I work until 5 so it's a $5 pizza from Little Cesears for the fam tonight. I'll probably have some fruit and toast. Maybe I'll throw some yogurt in the mix.
  • I'm thinking tilapia with brown rice and steamed sugar snap peas. I season the fish with the Perfect Pinch lemon seasoning by McCormick and fresh squeezed lemon. So good!
  • Beside weight issues, I have sodium issues, do you know how the sodium is in t hat seasoning mix from McCormick's it sounds like a yummy recipe, but not sure if I c an use t he stuff or not
  • I am probably going to make an english muffin pizza for 5 points. It's an odd day for me because I have 14 points left (and went on a five-mile bike ride this morning) and don't feel hungry at all. Usually I have, like, 4 points left and am scrambling to make dinner work!
  • Well it the end of the week, and time to relax, so I think tonight it will be Subway for a turkey sub, just mustard no cheese ( 5 pts) or maybe wendy's for a small chilli & plain baked potatoe (9 pts) if memory serveas me correctly.